Region 4 Tournament @ Devils Lake Feb. 23-24, 26

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4 Tournament @ Devils Lake Feb. 23-24, 26

Postby bigg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:25 pm

at the end of three nrs by 15 this games over good luck carrington
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby BearDogs0911 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Hey. They were coming back..within 4!
BearDogs0911
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BearDogs0911 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:47 pm

48-41 for the rockets!
BearDogs0911
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 pm

NRS was in control the whole time hettle was to hestitant and making alot of mistakes while new rockfords lommen and gisi had really good games and they arent even the stars on the team
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby KG4MVP » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Sorry Carrington!!! :lol: NR was just the better team. For the third time!
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan33 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:22 am

brockstar41 wrote:It will be a great game in championship. Carrington has a big x-factor though. The Minnewauken-Leeds crowd. They will make Grann cry again and Carrington will win by 4. I'll be on the floor if there is a spot. GO CARDS

Wow ya that x factor sure came out at the game huh bobbi was ballin her eyes out wasnt she haha cognrats to the rockets
sportsfan33
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 am

Congrats to NR-S! Everyone show some class in congratulating all the teams on their long seasons. The Seniors deserve it.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby brockstar41 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

sportsfan33 wrote:
brockstar41 wrote:It will be a great game in championship. Carrington has a big x-factor though. The Minnewauken-Leeds crowd. They will make Grann cry again and Carrington will win by 4. I'll be on the floor if there is a spot. GO CARDS

Wow ya that x factor sure came out at the game huh bobbi was ballin her eyes out wasnt she haha cognrats to the rockets

Yea I was wrong. New Rockford played way better than Carrington and deserved to win the game. I guess another team's crowd won't cheer for another team no matter how much they hate a team. Congrats New Rockford. Let's get ready for the district 7 & region 4 boy's tournaments now.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:11 pm

brockstar41 wrote:
sportsfan33 wrote:

Yea I was wrong. New Rockford played way better than Carrington and deserved to win the game. I guess another team's crowd won't cheer for another team no matter how much they hate a team. Congrats New Rockford. Let's get ready for the district 7 & region 4 boy's tournaments now.

well maybe next time before u post something like this think about showing some class huh
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan10 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:00 pm

sportsfan33 wrote:

i'm sure the M-L crowd would have, but they probably got a talking to about booing her and whatever. at least i hope they did.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 pm

brockstar41 wrote:
sportsfan33 wrote:

brockstar41, I'm willing to give you a pass on this one. I think we've all said things in the name of heated rivalries that we've probably regretted later. Cardinal Nation is a very passionate fanbase, and by and large most fans that I've encountered from Carrington are very conscientious and knowledgeable about the game.

I feel bad for the Cardinals seniors. I have the utmost respect for Ashley Hetle and Katie Klein as players, competitors, and people, and they will be greatly missed. I'm sure I forgot to mention a few players, but believe me, my sentiments extend to all of them. This experience will only serve to make Carrington a better team in the long run. This team will return a great core of players next season including Kali Kurtz, Sierra Rosenau and Emily Thompson (the latter two who, in my opinion, played much wiser beyond their years throughout the season,) and a wealth of talent on the junior varsity level who will be ready to contribute immediately to a program whose best years are ahead of them. I could easily see this team as the team to beat in Region 4 for the next several seasons.

That being said, what a great team effort by the Rockets. Justene Engels and Shelby Wetzel saw the end result of their hard work after five years of varsity basketball come to fruition. Bobbi Grann ended up being the X-factor in Region 4 that most predicted after the news of her transfer to NR-S came to pass. Ashley Lommen played a big role in the fourth quarter, and really stabilized the Rockets with her clutch shooting when the game could have slipped from their grasp. Kelsey Gisi played some good quality early minutes, and combined with Lommen to plug up the post very effectively. Laura Lies dropped a few points per game in the scoring department when Grann came over, but I think this year's experience will help her to come out next year and embrace a leadership role within the team. I can't forget Tracey Weber, Lexi Carlson, Jayme Perleberg, and all the other bench players who were ready at a moment's notice to provide the starters with much needed rest for the stretch run, and earned invaluable experience at the varsity level.

I'm anxious to see how this team competes in Grand Forks without the pressure of trying to win Region 4. (The week's schedule will mean a highly compressed and intense production week at the newspaper since I'll have one less day to put it together, but oh well...) Should be a blast! :D
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby brockstar41 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 am

rocketsphotoguy wrote:
brockstar41 wrote:
sportsfan33 wrote:

brockstar41, I'm willing to give you a pass on this one. I think we've all said things in the name of heated rivalries that we've probably regretted later. Cardinal Nation is a very passionate fanbase, and by and large most fans that I've encountered from Carrington are very conscientious and knowledgeable about the game.

I feel bad for the Cardinals seniors. I have the utmost respect for Ashley Hetle and Katie Klein as players, competitors, and people, and they will be greatly missed. I'm sure I forgot to mention a few players, but believe me, my sentiments extend to all of them. This experience will only serve to make Carrington a better team in the long run. This team will return a great core of players next season including Kali Kurtz, Sierra Rosenau and Emily Thompson (the latter two who, in my opinion, played much wiser beyond their years throughout the season,) and a wealth of talent on the junior varsity level who will be ready to contribute immediately to a program whose best years are ahead of them. I could easily see this team as the team to beat in Region 4 for the next several seasons.

That being said, what a great team effort by the Rockets. Justene Engels and Shelby Wetzel saw the end result of their hard work after five years of varsity basketball come to fruition. Bobbi Grann ended up being the X-factor in Region 4 that most predicted after the news of her transfer to NR-S came to pass. Ashley Lommen played a big role in the fourth quarter, and really stabilized the Rockets with her clutch shooting when the game could have slipped from their grasp. Kelsey Gisi played some good quality early minutes, and combined with Lommen to plug up the post very effectively. Laura Lies dropped a few points per game in the scoring department when Grann came over, but I think this year's experience will help her to come out next year and embrace a leadership role within the team. I can't forget Tracey Weber, Lexi Carlson, Jayme Perleberg, and all the other bench players who were ready at a moment's notice to provide the starters with much needed rest for the stretch run, and earned invaluable experience at the varsity level.

I'm anxious to see how this team competes in Grand Forks without the pressure of trying to win Region 4. (The week's schedule will mean a highly compressed and intense production week at the newspaper since I'll have one less day to put it together, but oh well...) Should be a blast! :D

I just got caught up in the heat of the rivalry. New Rockford played better than Carrington in all three games this year and definately deserved to win the region. We can only hope we can keep this great rivalry in North Dakota sports for a lot longer.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan10 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:23 pm

brockstar41 wrote:
rocketsphotoguy wrote:
brockstar41 wrote:
sportsfan33 wrote:

I just got caught up in the heat of the rivalry. New Rockford played better than Carrington in all three games this year and definately deserved to win the region. We can only hope we can keep this great rivalry in North Dakota sports for a lot longer.

yeah i hope so, too. as long as that new 3-class sytem doesn't get approved, NRS-Carrington games will still be very fun to watch.
also, congrats to carrington on a great season (they'll be the favorites next year too), and congrats to NRS for making it to state.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2021 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:08 pm

I wouldn't put them as next years favorites so fast. They have had alot of good teams in past years and for some reason, they just can't get the job done. And as for us from other schools, Carrington just keep doing what you are doing and the rest of us will do just fine.
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:56 pm

2021 wrote:I wouldn't put them as next years favorites so fast. They have had alot of good teams in past years and for some reason, they just can't get the job done. And as for us from other schools, Carrington just keep doing what you are doing and the rest of us will do just fine.

Whoa! Shot across the bow to Carrington from out of nowhere! :lol: Although you could have said the exact same thing about us before this year. We weren't necessarily prime time players either.

I think Harvey also has a legitimate shot to do well next year. If their guards learn how to handle pressure better and Lorenz can improve her game in several areas, they'll be a team to be reckoned with as well.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball99 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:21 am

I don't know if Lorenz needs to improve her game much, haha, I think she averaged around 18 and 10 per game...maybe they need to figure out that a 6'2 girl down low can score almost everytime...from what I saw, the team stopped playing with her. They need to figure out their guard spot, the passing by their guards this year was terrible, their guards need to figure out that Lorenz and Nyhus down low is going to score 75% of the time and just to keep going to it...I will almost guarentee Harvey wins this Region next year, losing one player and she didn't do anything...plus, they have a young guard thats a soph. this year, Kourajian that will be much better than their future seniors...Their sophomore class this year is the best in the state in my opinion...
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby rock83 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 am

You must be extremely busy seeing every teams sophomore class.

bball99 wrote:I don't know if Lorenz needs to improve her game much, haha, I think she averaged around 18 and 10 per game...maybe they need to figure out that a 6'2 girl down low can score almost everytime...from what I saw, the team stopped playing with her. They need to figure out their guard spot, the passing by their guards this year was terrible, their guards need to figure out that Lorenz and Nyhus down low is going to score 75% of the time and just to keep going to it...I will almost guarentee Harvey wins this Region next year, losing one player and she didn't do anything...plus, they have a young guard thats a soph. this year, Kourajian that will be much better than their future seniors...Their sophomore class this year is the best in the state in my opinion...
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball99 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

Yeah, quite busy, but really, they had 4 sophomores that should start, their best player is a soph., their best guard is a soph., their two best posts are soph, and they have one of the tallest girls in the state and she's a soph...just my opinion...
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 am

I'd have to agree.....Harvey is going to be very tough the next 2 years.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2021 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:57 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I'd have to agree.....Harvey is going to be very tough the next 2 years.

Looks like you we were right. Congrats to Fred Melland and the girls. They took it to Carrington.
NDPreps Rookie

Postby KG4MVP » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Anybody know scores from last night? All i heard was the last quarter of midkota, langdon game. Heck of a game by the way! Langdon up by 15 with three plus minutes to go, midkota ties it with 8 seconds, then Langdon girl wins it at the buzzer.
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportslover77 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:31 pm

D7#1 Harvey 68, D8#4 Starkweather-Munich 37

D8#2 Rolla-Rock Lake 54, D7#3 New Rockford-Sheyenne 44

D7#2 Carrington 55, D8#3 Minnewaukan-Leeds 35

D8#1 Langdon Area 52, D7#4 Midkota 50
sportslover77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dolphinfan20 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Midkota is a feisty, young team--started 2 freshmen and an eighth grader while bringing 2 eighth graders off the bench. They gave Langdon all they could handle. That program seems to be turning around.
dolphinfan20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby StraightUpBallin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Great Job Carrington and Good Luck at State.
StraightUpBallin
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls