FINAL POLL

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

FINAL POLL

Postby HometownHigh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 am

Final NDAPSSA Class 'B' Girls Basketball Poll
Released February 9, 2009
First Place Votes in Parentheses

Team Record Points Last Week
1 Hazen (8) 19-0 98 2
2 Bottineau (2) 17-1 82 1
3 Hillsboro 15-1 81 3
4 Kidder County 17-1 66 4
5 Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah 17-1 48 5
6 New Rockford-Sheyenne 16-1 46 6
7 Hankinson 16-2 27 8
8 Kenmare 16-2 23 NR
9 Fordville-Lankin-Park River 16-1 21 7
10 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 16-2 18 10
TIE Underwood 17-1 18 NR

Others Receiving Votes: Harvey (15-2), Central Cass (15-3), Carrington (14-2), Beach (14-2).
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Re: FINAL POLL

Postby 07ndgolfer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:53 pm

This is a perfect example of how they base these polls on the record and not the strength of the team... even though Bottineau lost they're still the strongest team out there and they should be receiving the majority of the first place votes... at least there's still 2 smart voters out there yet
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm

07ndgolfer wrote:This is a perfect example of how they base these polls on the record and not the strength of the team... even though Bottineau lost they're still the strongest team out there and they should be receiving the majority of the first place votes... at least there's still 2 smart voters out there yet

I agree that Bottineau is the strongest team out there yet but its hard to vote them first after losing a game last week when Hazen is still undefeated. Have they played as many or more tough games than bottineau? I dont know i havent seen either play. But this happens anywhere there is polls once you lose and there is an undefeated team sitting there at #2 its hard to go against them. Its not just North Dakota Class B girls basketball, it happens everywhere. Its just a poll anyway, not like it holds any meaning, the number 1 team in the state will prove themselves come tourney time.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NeverBackDown » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:21 am

its not rocket science..the undefteated team is going to get the first place votes. thats the way its been and always will be..get over it
NeverBackDown
NDPreps Rookie

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 am

"RV" Carrington 69, Griggs County Central 29
"RV" Harvey 54, Minnewauken-Leeds 31
"RV" Central Cass 67, May-Port-CG 10
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Weren't Hillsboro and FLPR supposed to play a 2nd time?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:20 pm

I have seen Hazen play, as well as Kidder County. Hazen to me, is as very, very good defensively. In fact, Hazen is taller across the board, so I might even give them a very slight nod defensively over Kidder County. Offensively I don't think they have the necessary firepower to win it all, especially if a team can handle their run and jump pressure defense. They will be in every game due to their defensive strength. Worthy to be #1? Well, doesn't really matter does it? The actual final poll will be the only one that matters. I remember Bott. being the #1 team all year until the region finals when Brackenberry's bunch beat them. So, doesn't really matter. We'll know in a couple weeks.
bigpoppakdog

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:27 pm

# 10 FSHP lost tonight to Northern Cass and won't be playing for the championship of District 2. They still have a chance to make it to regionals though if they win on Monday. They lose, they go home.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby real_sports08 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 pm

I watched Hillsboro play the other night in the district championship and was not impressed with them AT ALL. Central Valley certainly gave them a good run and I think Hillsboro was pretty thankful to come away with that win. I don't know what the other teams are like in that region, but just going by from what I saw in that district tournament, teams from region 1 and other regions will run over them if there's a meeting in the state tournament.
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sport » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:05 pm

real_sports08 wrote:I watched Hillsboro play the other night in the district championship and was not impressed with them AT ALL. Central Valley certainly gave them a good run and I think Hillsboro was pretty thankful to come away with that win. I don't know what the other teams are like in that region, but just going by from what I saw in that district tournament, teams from region 1 and other regions will run over them if there's a meeting in the state tournament.

I am pretty sure that CV beat FSHP a while back,I might be wrong but were they not state ranked and in Region 1. And you are right, it is tournament time and the best teams should be playing there best basketball, one bad night now and your done. You seem to have a lot of negative opinons on Region 2, who are you bragging up in the other regions?
sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:18 pm

sport wrote:
real_sports08 wrote:I watched Hillsboro play the other night in the district championship and was not impressed with them AT ALL. Central Valley certainly gave them a good run and I think Hillsboro was pretty thankful to come away with that win. I don't know what the other teams are like in that region, but just going by from what I saw in that district tournament, teams from region 1 and other regions will run over them if there's a meeting in the state tournament.

I am pretty sure that CV beat FSHP a while back,I might be wrong but were they not state ranked and in Region 1. And you are right, it is tournament time and the best teams should be playing there best basketball, one bad night now and your done. You seem to have a lot of negative opinons on Region 2, who are you bragging up in the other regions?

Yes CV beat FSHP in finley.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:58 pm

The Schwab wrote:
sport wrote:

Yes CV beat FSHP in finley.

CV also beat Northern Cass @ NC

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby old lineman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Is the Central Cass May-Port score correct. The home boys said they were down, but that is down and out.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 am

"RV" Central Cass 67, May-Port-CG 10

Its the correct score...May-Port-CG was not very good!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bball_fan71 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Hazen truely is an outstanding team. And young too!
bball_fan71
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls