state 2009

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

state 2009

Postby amm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:42 pm

what are your predictions from each region?
amm
NDPreps Reserve

Re: state 2009

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 pm

amm wrote:what are your predictions from each region?

Region 1 - Hankinson
Region 2 - Hillsboro
Region 3 - Kidder County
Region 4 - New Rockford-Sheyenne
Region 5 - Washburn
Region 6 - Bottineau (cheering for Kenmare though)
Region 7 - Hazen
Region 8 - DON'T KNOW!! I'll go with Parshall or Mandaree!!
Last edited by WalkingStick on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 07ndgolfer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Don't count Trinity or Beach out of region 7!!
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Reg 1 - FCT....I want to see a small school make it to the big dance!
Reg 2 - Hillsboro seems to be the leader right now, but I could see FLPR making a return trip.
Reg 3 - Kidder County has beat enough top teams to make them the team to beat in their region.
Reg 4 - Harvey....I'm going with the upset pick. They've lost to NRS twice already, have a good chance to meet up with them again in the districts and then probably again in region. Tough to beat a good team that many times. Plus I think NRS and Carrington are struggling a bit of late.
Reg 5 - Underwood because they aren't getting much respect so I hope they prove people wrong.
Reg 6 - Botno....won't lose another game this season.
Reg 7 - Beach?? Don't know enough about the teams way out west. I remember watching the Bucs play back in the early 90's so it would be nice to see them make it again.
Reg 8 - ???? I can honestly say I don't know a thing about any team in this region. They don't get much discussion on this site. Watford City?? Newtown?? Couple of teams that have been up there lately.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:08 am

Region 1. Central Cass
Region 2. HIllsboro
Region 3. Kidder County
Region 4. Carrington
Region 5. Underwood
Region 6. Bottineau
Region 7. Beach
Region 8. Mandaree??- really dont have a clue about this region, someone else through their name out there

Does anyone know the region matchups at state?
Last edited by bballfan7 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 am

1 FCT - lots of good teams in the region. Hankinson would be my 2nd pick.
2 FLPR - Hillsboro is the favorite, but they tend to stumble come tournament time.
3 Kidder County - Clear favorite at this time imo.
4 Carrington
5 Underwood - I really have no idea, but they seem like a popular pick
6 Bottineau - ehh...duh
7 Hazen
8 Parshall

ndlionsfan wrote:Reg 8 - ???? I can honestly say I don't know a thing about any team in this region. They don't get much discussion on this site.

They don't have internet. Word is late 2010 early 2011 and they should have it.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 am

Don't worry I got you guys........Region 8's sure bet to go to state has got to be New Town. They beat Stanley by 15,Mandaree by 16,Parshall twice but dont remember by how much,Divide Co. by like 20. They lost to Watford City by 8 but i think they should get them again during tournament time.They locked up the number 1 seed for the district, The only thing that will hurt this team is the lack of post play.No Miller this year really hurts this team down low.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:49 pm

i predict hazen will not make it out of their region.
bigpoppakdog

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Region 1-Hankinson
Region 2-FLPR
Region 3-Kidder County
Region 4-New Rockford/Sheyenne
Region 5-Washburn
Region 6-Bottineau
Region 7-Trinity
Region 8-Stanley
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Reg 1 - FCT....I want to see a small school make it to the big dance!
Reg 2 - Hillsboro seems to be the leader right now, but I could see FLPR making a return trip.
Reg 3 - Kidder County has beat enough top teams to make them the team to beat in their region.
Reg 4 - Harvey....I'm going with the upset pick. They've lost to NRS twice already, have a good chance to meet up with them again in the districts and then probably again in region. Tough to beat a good team that many times. Plus I think NRS and Carrington are struggling a bit of late.
Reg 5 - Underwood because they aren't getting much respect so I hope they prove people wrong.
Reg 7 - Beach?? Don't know enough about the teams way out west. I remember watching the Bucs play back in the early 90's so it would be nice to see them make it again.
Reg 8 - ???? I can honestly say I don't know a thing about any team in this region. They don't get much discussion on this site. Watford City?? Newtown?? Couple of teams that have been up there lately.

ndlionsfan, I would never criticize your opinions. However, I think your assessment of NR-S is a little bit off. I wouldn't say they've necessarily been struggling. Since the loss against Kidder County (54-46 on January 19,) the Rockets have actually been playing with a lot more urgency in their games as of late. They beat Four Winds 75-53, Minnewaukan-Leeds 66-41 (a close game until the Rockets blew it open late,) and Maddock, 62-52. That score was very misleading, as the Rockets led big throughout most of the game and Maddock made the final tally more respectable by scoring a lot of garbage points against the NR-S reserves. Oh, and you can't forget 86-45 over Adams-Edmore (an admittedly weaker opponent.) Carrington might be struggling a bit though, as they only dropped 44 on M-L and 39 on Valley City. Both of these teams will and should be ready to play come tournament time.

I could totally see Harvey winning the region, though. I agree with your logic wholeheartedly on that one. That's why if NR-S meets Carrington in the district title game, I'd rather see Carrington win, so that the Rockets wouldn't have to enter into that very scenario for the region championship.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby inthestands » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Reg 1 - FCT....I want to see a small school make it to the big dance!

1: FCT...agree with a small school needs to get there!
2:FLPR...rival with Hilsborro
3:KC...has a lot of talent on offense and defense
4: Harvey...has done well this year
5:SR or Washburn...these two went neck in neck open regionals. Both play hard teams throughout season and have shown.
6:Kenmare: Had the huge upset game against Botno...want Kenmare to take it at regionals.
7:Hazen: Our undefeated and well in there district, but we'll see what happens at regional play.
8:Parshall: Pretty even out region. We'll see.
inthestands
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scramblinfran » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Thought I might as well throw in my predictions:

Region 1 - Hankinson - No replacement for experience
Region 2 - Hillsboro - Haven't seen them in person, but have heard plenty
Region 3 - Kidder County - Smart court play - good 1-2 punch
Region 4 - NR-S - Tough pick, but I'll stick with this one
Region 5 - Underwood - Solid defense & balanced offense
Region 6 - Botno - The kings the king till someone dethrones them, right
Region 7 - Beach - My head tells me Hazen, but my gut says Beach
Region 8 - Newtown - Well coached - savvy in tournament play

I know I'm not going out on too many limbs here, but this isn't the NCAA's - no 13 seeds getting through into this dance.
scramblinfran
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 am

Region 8 is a toss up. NewTown is #1 seed, Mandaree #2, Stanley #3, WC #4, Parshall #5, NSP #6, and White Shield #7. Stanley has the most talent but has lost to both NewTown and Mandaree. Watford City beat NewTown and lost to Mandaree by 3 but to Stanley by 30. Those of you who think Parshall is going to state....2-4 in the District.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm going to go with Beach(Waldahl is a legend), and I am going to go with Standing Rock out of region 5. I don't think they are going to implode this year because they should have learned their lesson last year. I know underwood and washburn can play good defense, but I don't think either team has enough offense to beat standing rock.
bigpoppakdog

Postby basketball10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:43 am

new rockford is gonna come out of region 4 because they have the experience and the athletic ability to beat anybody in the state.... plus they have one of the best coaches in class b... i think his name is belqist? hes done a great job with that program and hope it pays off!
basketball10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:25 pm

triplebbb wrote:Region 8 is a toss up. NewTown is #1 seed, Mandaree #2, Stanley #3, WC #4, Parshall #5, NSP #6, and White Shield #7. Stanley has the most talent but has lost to both NewTown and Mandaree. Watford City beat NewTown and lost to Mandaree by 3 but to Stanley by 30. Those of you who think Parshall is going to state....2-4 in the District.

Parshall is not as tough as I thought they would be, but they still have a lot of talent and i guess we will see how they do this weekend during districts.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball_fan71 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:34 pm

basketball10 wrote:new rockford is gonna come out of region 4 because they have the experience and the athletic ability to beat anybody in the state.... plus they have one of the best coaches in class b... i think his name is belqist? hes done a great job with that program and hope it pays off!

NRS will come out on top because of two reasons. Grann. She is phenominal and has the experience to make it happen. Second is their coaches. I have had tree chances to watch them play and they play the best out of time-outs and huddles.
bball_fan71
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:23 pm

i think that the district 7 tourney (starts tomorrow) has 3 teams that could get to state, but i ultimetely see nr-s beating carrington in the region 4 final to go to state. the seniors in justene engels, shelby wetzel, ashley lommen et. al. have had their fair share of regional disapointments. and with bobbi grann thrown in there to create and handle chaos, i think that coaches belquist and weisenburger (a very good AC if no one noticed) should be able to make a great run. if they're full court D puts out whatever carrington (or harvey) throws at them, i think they should be in the state tourney.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:38 pm

New postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 am

FYI, Fairmount (85) and Campbell Tintah (32) have more students (117) in grades 9-12 than does Hankinson (103), according to the latest figures I could find.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby real_sports08 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:06 pm

philshometown wrote:

New postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 am

FYI, Fairmount (85) and Campbell Tintah (32) have more students (117) in grades 9-12 than does Hankinson (103), according to the latest figures I could find.

FYI, Last year Fairmount had 111 students in grades K-12. I'm thinking your numbers are wrong considering their largest class in 9-12 I believe is 15 and the smallest drops down to 9.
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:36 pm

The NDHSAA had the FCT co-op listed with an enrollment of 80 9-12. they've gotta be one of the smallest schools in all of region 1.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:03 pm

They are THE smallest school in Region 1!!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 07ndgolfer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Does anyone know the region match ups at state?
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yakama » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:01 pm

They don't have internet. Word is late 2010 early 2011 and they should have it.

that is probably the dumbest thing you could ever say!!!!!!

Wouldn't the pairings be the same as the boys or not?? idk it just seems easy that way
yakama
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls