Who's better New Rockford or Carrington.

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who's better New Rockford or Carrington.

Postby ndfan24 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:16 pm

I know that both of these teams are great teams but which team do you think has the suff to make it to the state tournament.
ndfan24
NDPreps Starter

Re: Who's better New Rockford or Carrington.

Postby 4thegame » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 am

from what i have seen i'd give the edge to NR
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football rocks » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:46 pm

I would say NRS the experience of Engels, wetzel, and grann is tuff to beat. Yes Kurt and Hetle have some to. When i seen the game it looked good all around, but i dont think kurt is going to be hitting 3 pointers from behind the vollyball line. Also ashly hetle had a ton of 3's in the game. I think Carrington went 8 for 12 shooting 3's. Both teams are very good but If they play again i will take NRS by 8
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:48 pm

This, in my opinion, is a really hard question to answer right now. I think the guard play on both sides is fairly equal (Wetzel-Grann-Lies vs. Hetle-Kurtz-Rosenau.) In the first game they played, Carrington had to rely on the three-pointer because their post game was essentially neutralized. IMO, Katie Klein is way too solid of a player to get contained three games in a row (NR-S shut her down in New Rockford last year, too, in addition to the game in Carrington.) I think Emily Thompson could be an X-factor in the next matchup(s?) if Klein gets in any kind of foul trouble. I haven't seen enough of Carrington this year to know if their perimeter shooting performance against NR-S earlier this year was an aberration, but I think they'd be hard-pressed to duplicate it. NR-S doesn't tend to live and die by the three (at least not lately,) but they might have to if Carrington sags back into a zone. If NR-S is shooting a fairly high percentage, they should win; if Carrington finds a way to get significant contributions from their interior players, I would give the edge to them.

Not to go off topic, but another thing to consider is: Harvey might be every bit the team that NR-S and Carrington are. Their only losses this season have come to NR-S by 8 at the CNDC and by 10 in Harvey. I don't think it's too late to include them in the conversation of District 7 contenders (they play Carrington Friday night in Harvey.) I think I might just go and watch that game; should be a good one!
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls