New Rockford-Sheyenne suffers first lost

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

New Rockford-Sheyenne suffers first lost

Postby toddjames » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 am

Looks like Kidder County handed New Rockford-Sheyenne its first loss of the season Monday night... here's the boxscore, looks like Kidder came ready to play (31-16 lead at the half) and NR-S didn't ... game was at NR-S too, so tough loss to take first on at home ... anybody go to the game?

Kidder County 54, New Rockford-Sheyenne 46
KC 16 15 11 12 — 54
NR-S 10 6 10 20 — 46
KC — Lindsey Sand 20, Eli Benz 10, Molly Kahl 10, Shalee Martin 6, Bailie Ziesch 4, Shauna Slaughter 2, Nicole Biesterfeld 2. 22 7-12 54
NR-S — Justene Engels 17, Shelby Wetzel 12, Bobbi Grann 8, Ashley Lommen 3, Laura Lies 3, Jayme Perleberg 3. 16 10-16 46
Last edited by toddjames on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: New Rockford-Sheyenne suffers first lost

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Doesn't surprise me. I thought Kidder County was the real deal 6 weeks ago. Some still think HMB is the team to beat down there.
bigpoppakdog

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:Doesn't surprise me. I thought Kidder County was the real deal 6 weeks ago. Some still think HMB is the team to beat down there.

They are indeed the real deal, from what I saw. Very good guard play from Sand, Ziesch, et al., a blue-chipper in the middle with Benz, and they are very well coached. I think NR-S just got blitzed at the start, and they just had to keep fighting uphill from there. I was encouraged by the fact that the Rockets showed some spark towards the end, though. Sometimes we need a kick in the pants to play to our potential, as we occasionally play down to the level of our competition (surprisingly more often than you think for a team this talented.) Oh, well... Time to regroup, and we'll see what we're made of in the next few weeks.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:25 pm

I know Kidder County was well aware of the talent at NRS. They were talking about them 6 weeks ago and how tough it will be. I wasn't surprised that Kidder County won because I feel they are a very solid team, but didn't mean to sound at all disrespectful to NRS.
bigpoppakdog

Return to Girls