Katie Schindler

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

BEST WISHES TO SCHINDLER.

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I for one want to extend thoughts are prayers for Shiloh's Katie Schindler. She has not played this year due to health reason's.
bigpoppakdog

Re: BEST WISHES TO SCHINDLER.

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:10 pm

The people love you Katie...Much love.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: BEST WISHES TO SCHINDLER.

Postby Eminence » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Our prayers are with you.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Katie Schindler

Postby old lineman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:39 pm

topics merged

Last week there was an article in the Bismarck Trib, about Katie and her recent diagnoses of Some sort of cancer in her blatter and lining of her stomach. I would like to wish her and her family the best, keep her in your thoughts and prayer's. She sated in the article that she would hope to continue to play thoughout the season. Lets hope a great last half of the season.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Katie Schindler

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:11 pm

I don't believe she has yet to play this year correct?
bigpoppakdog

Postby mplsfan » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Was at a Bottineau boys game over christmas break. Mike Forsberg and the team were selling tickets for some sort of raffle to raise money for her. Not sure if this was an individual effort or a part of a larger statewide event.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:32 pm

I was talking to her at the Holiday Tournament. At least she is still the same person, so that's cool. I think she has played in a game or two also.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:08 pm

I don't believe she has played yet this year. I know her sister is a starter and going to be a great player in a year or two.
bigpoppakdog

Postby stoaxc2004 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:34 pm

She played this weekend against Oak Grove and Minot Our Redeemer's Christian in Shiloh's New Years Invite; however Shiloh lost both games!
stoaxc2004

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:08 am

Katie Schindler in the Sports Spotlight~
Bill Halter
1/14/2009

Shiloh senior Katie Schindler has been a standout for the Skyhawks volleyball and basketball teams but her battles of late have not been on-the-court. Instead, they`ve been in hospitals.

Schindler has been diagnosed with cancer.

Two summers ago, Schindler had a tumor in her abdomen removed. Since then she has had cancer scans every six months. The most recent scan discovered the recurrence of cancer cells outside her bladder as well as the lining that holds her organs.

"I was devastated, the first time I had the tumor I was just glad it was during the summer so I didn`t miss any sports," she says. "Now it`s kind of hard missing out on senior year. But I have a lot of friends and family that have helped me through everything and really it`s been my faith that has gotten me through. God`s just given me faith from day to day."

Schindler has played on the varsity basketball team since seventh grade, but because of cancer testing, she has only been able to play four games this season. Schindler started chemo therapy yesterday and so her availability for the rest of the year will depend on her strength.

"From now on, it`s just how good I feel, they encourage you to stay active and stuff," says Schindler. "But I`ll be out there as much as I can. It`s hard to realize but there are more things in life than sports and they say that all the time, but now it`s sinking in you know."

Her cancer battle has rallied support from many people outside of the Shiloh community including her friend and Bismarck basketball player Carli Buechler, who started a fundraiser.

"We had a donation, a couple buckets around in the concession, at the door when you walked in," says Buechler. "I gave a speech before the game and we actually came up with $195 for her and just in two games. We know that everything is going to be expensive and we just want to show them that were here for them."

"That was so nice of them," says Schindler. "I had no idea they were going to do that, I was totally surprised. Me and Carli and some of the girls on that team have been friends for a long time but that was so thoughtful of them and I`m just grateful."

Schindler has continued to find reasons to be grateful during this ordeal.

"God`s going to give me strength through it," she says. "I know I`ll pull through and everything is going to be okay."

The next game Schindler`s team is scheduled to play is against Richardton-Taylor on Saturday in the Civic Center Jamboree
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 pm

Saw her play tonight. She appears to play at about 60% strength and still will knock u over in a heartbeat. Her presence alone makes that team ten times better.
bigpoppakdog

Return to Girls