HMB still ranked. Who comes up with these things?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: HMB still ranked. Who comes up with these things?

Postby Irish » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:I thought the paper said the game is in HMB. If it's in steele I look at it being another 65 to 35 type game. At steele 30 point win, at HMB 20 to 25 point win. I just don't see HMB being able to score more than 35 points against steele or anybody that can handle the press. HMB's downfall is not being able to aren't cool the defense out of the paint to allow fettig room to move. I think you will see teams run a 2-3 zone and not guard anybody on the baseline, but rather keep them inside so fettig double teamed the whole game, and keep there eye on wherever sheets is. Can HMB shut down KC? I don't know if they can. They have some good defenders-sheets, weiser, brindle, kalberer are good defenders and Fettig is 6'0" so that its tough for most players to score. Benz is not the average type post so she will be successful against pretty much anybody in my opinion. I think the HMB's biggest hope is to do something to slow down KC perimeter or hope they have a bad shooting night(which can easily happen) where they are only scoring 30 to 40 points.

Based on the article in the paper, I could also see it worse than 65 to 35 if its played in steele. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Nice to see a New Salem teacher being so honest. Keep it up.. (guess I could be wrong, maybe not a teacher, but an announcer for there basketball games)
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:34 pm

did the news get just the halftime score or was this game really 27-17?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1softballump » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:42 pm

The half-time score was 13-10 for KC.
1softballump

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:59 pm

wow....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby abcdefg » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 am

yes it was 29 to 17 hmb came out and totally shut down benz and sand next game with kc and hmb will be kc by 5 and then they will play in reg and kc will choke.
abcdefg

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:04 am

I had to watch both tv stations last night because I could not believe that was the score. I've read that HMB shut down sand and benz. Anybody know how they did that? Fettig front benz? Did they chase Sand? KC have a poor shooting night? Pretty impressive to hold KC to 29 points. KC must have done their share of defense also to hold HMB to only 17 points.
bigpoppakdog

Postby abcdefg » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:23 pm

yes it was a vary defensive side game hmb has a vary good chance to beet kc to come from a 31 point lose to 12 i think ones comes toerny time kc will shut down not saying there not a good teem thay are vary good but i have a stong felling kc will shut down on toerny time may not be vs hmb but if that end up playing hmb in toerny time hmb will come out on top
abcdefg

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 pm

abcdefg wrote:yes it was a vary defensive side game hmb has a vary good chance to beet kc to come from a 31 point lose to 12 i think ones comes toerny time kc will shut down not saying there not a good teem thay are vary good but i have a stong felling kc will shut down on toerny time may not be vs hmb but if that end up playing hmb in toerny time hmb will come out on top

a 12 point loss is a lot better then 31, but they were still nearly doubled up. you have to realized they scored less than 5 points per quarter. when you score 29 points and still win by 12, that says something about your defense, esspecially against the team everyone picked to be the favorite in that region. granted I would expect HMB to score more then 17 if they played again, but KC probably wont be under 40 again either.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby abcdefg » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:56 pm

next time they play kc it will be close but kc will probably win by 5 but in toerny time kc will choke they may never play hmb in toerny time but if they do hmb bye 10 at most .
abcdefg

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 pm

abcdefg wrote:next time they play kc it will be close but kc will probably win by 5 but in toerny time kc will choke they may never play hmb in toerny time but if they do hmb bye 10 at most .

Any comments from the peanut gallery?
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Irish wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:I thought the paper said the game is in HMB. If it's in steele I look at it being another 65 to 35 type game. At steele 30 point win, at HMB 20 to 25 point win. I just don't see HMB being able to score more than 35 points against steele or anybody that can handle the press. HMB's downfall is not being able to aren't cool the defense out of the paint to allow fettig room to move. I think you will see teams run a 2-3 zone and not guard anybody on the baseline, but rather keep them inside so fettig double teamed the whole game, and keep there eye on wherever sheets is. Can HMB shut down KC? I don't know if they can. They have some good defenders-sheets, weiser, brindle, kalberer are good defenders and Fettig is 6'0" so that its tough for most players to score. Benz is not the average type post so she will be successful against pretty much anybody in my opinion. I think the HMB's biggest hope is to do something to slow down KC perimeter or hope they have a bad shooting night(which can easily happen) where they are only scoring 30 to 40 points.

Based on the article in the paper, I could also see it worse than 65 to 35 if its played in steele. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Nice to see a New Salem teacher being so honest. Keep it up.. (guess I could be wrong, maybe not a teacher, but an announcer for there basketball games)

Does the truth hurt? Sorry for being honest in my thoughts on who the better team was.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Irish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
Irish wrote:

Does the truth hurt? Sorry for being honest in my thoughts on who the better team was.

Sorry, honesty and stalking are two different things. :D
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Good one!! :D
bigpoppakdog

Postby sportsfan33 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 pm

i thought it was haha :lol:
sportsfan33
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak Guy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:
Irish wrote:

Looks like they laid an egg this year. Preseason #3 in the state, and weren't they as high as #2 in the polls earlier this season? What did they end up with in the district - #4 or #5? They only lost one girl from last year, and although she was pretty tough, and they returned two of the top players in the region/state. I don't recall hearing about any injuries, so that's not a factor. Curious as to why they didn't live up to their expectations. Coming off of a good state appearance and coach of the year award should have been enough motivation for that team. Maybe next year. Good luck to KC and LMM in the finals - both will represent Region 3 well.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Bottom line with HMB was the player they graduated last year played a much much bigger impact than most realized or the remaining players just never stepped up their game. HMB was "one" player away from being tough as nails this year.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:35 am

Irish wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:carrington undefeated and beat kidder county. Kidder County players indicated carrington is "tough." Didn't quite get the same vibe towards HMB. Actually, a 30 point smackdown before the halftime buzzer sounded pretty much indicated who thought who was better. But, I guess #2 to not being ranked is a legit argument. Again, I know the rankings don't mean squat anyway, if they did there is no way HMB would have or should have been ranked #2. They don't have the personnel to even be considered a threat to Bott. or really even a threat to Kidder County. Not sure why Kidder County is only "receiving votes." I've seen them the past 4 years and this team is just as impressive. I know they have a much more difficult schedule this year to prepare them for the end run. I don't make predictions too often, but when I do I can can say I've been fortunate enough to be pretty accurate, and I see this team challenging bott. in March. Not sure exactly what bott. has so I won't go as far as saying they will beat them. :?: :?:

You must be a die hard Kidder County fan. HMB shouldn't be ranked and probably won't in the future. They definately don't have the talent pool as the likes of Kidder county and Linton, but they do well with what they have. Polls mean nothing just like comments like yours... Keep it up though, you make alot of people laugh.

You still laughing?
bigpoppakdog

Postby redinstant » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Benz finally got it in her head that she can be one of the best players in the state. She showed that she was the best player on the floor and had 17boards the second night and dont know for sure about the championship but im guessing 10 at least
redinstant
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls