Region 5 updates

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5 updates

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:24 pm

You bring up a great point that was discussed last year. I think they should try to keep official crews together. I think it creates inconsistencies when you bring three officials together who have never worked with each other before. One will call things close, while the other lets em play like you said.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Just got word that Center/Stanton beat Washburn and the Holsteins beat TLM.

Winner between Underwood and the rock in the semi's(barring any upsets like today) will rep. the region.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Underwood is done. So only teams left are from the other district. The district by my own admission, thought to be the weaker. But as I had thought, Underwood not going to rep. this region. Standing Rock was my prediction months ago.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 am

rock83 wrote:you have no idea what you are talking about. At the moment you said that standing rock is in a different league than underwood you lost all credibility. Standing rock is about the same as about 4 or 5 teams in their region. no better or worse.

bigpoppakdog wrote:also, if one player keeps you from killing new salem, I have news for you. You cannot compete with Hazen or any of the teams ranked or getting ranked in state.

Man, I really don't know what I'm talking about. I guess my "credibility" is pretty bad. Although if you look at all my "predictions" that I make long before the tournaments start(in all my past posts) I believe I have lost only once(Harvey spanking Velva this year in the playoffs). So a 90+% prediction rate...I guess a guy can't do too much better.

I'm glad Underwood is done, so a guy doesn't have to read excuses on why they should be a state ranked team anymore.
bigpoppakdog

Postby cometdad » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 am

Alright big poppa - time for my mea culpa. Guess we were more of a paper tiger than I thought. The district nine teams definately came in to the tournament with more intensity than any of district ten. All night it just seemed like they wanted it more.
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 am

Now your gonna have to wait...I need to go get a dictionary.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 am

mea culpa-a formal acknowledgement of personal fault or error.

Although I didn't think Underwood would win this region, I also didn't think what happened in the first round was going to happen. I actually thought it was going to turn out the complete opposite. So, I really can't do the "I told you so" thing, because I didn't think this would happen in the first round. But, I do now believe, that Standing Rock has to be the favorite. I'm trying to think of any ND that beat them? I know their few losses were too South Dakota teams.
bigpoppakdog

Postby rock83 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 am

I dont think you should read to much into the first round of the region. Both underwood and Washburn were both missing a starter. This time of the year isnt the time to lose a starter and be able to continue without missing a beat. Small schools cant lose one of their best players and not notice. If it would have happened to standing rock and they missed one of their top couple of players they would have struggled as well. I agree Standing rock will win it now unless the flu bug hits them or injury hits them as well.

bigpoppakdog wrote:mea culpa-a formal acknowledgement of personal fault or error.

Although I didn't think Underwood would win this region, I also didn't think what happened in the first round was going to happen. I actually thought it was going to turn out the complete opposite. So, I really can't do the "I told you so" thing, because I didn't think this would happen in the first round. But, I do now believe, that Standing Rock has to be the favorite. I'm trying to think of any ND that beat them? I know their few losses were too South Dakota teams.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 am

Yes, missing a starter would have an impact. But, 3 out of the 4 teams had records at .500 or below. One team was lobbying for state rankings and could not beat a team with a record of .500? The #1 seed could not beat a team with what 7 or 8 wins? I guess what I am really trying to say, is that this region is not very strong this year(overall) and come tourney time anything can happen. I am now even more confident that the Rock will win this region.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Dockter10 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:02 am

I"m sorry but I've come to learn that you never blame a loss on the refs, that's just dumb. And I was at the game, get over it. Washburn is an excellent team! They deserved to win this year
Dockter10
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls