New Salem Invitational.

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

New Salem Invitational.

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Kidder County(steele/dawson) big win versus flasher bulldogs.

Shiloh Christian(minus schindler) win against glen ullin hebron.

Napolean win versus New Salem.

Tonight

HMB vs Center/Stanton
Flasher vs Glen Ullin/Hebron

Kidder county did not receive a single vote in the rankings. They looked very good. Shiloh Christian vs gu/hebron was terrible. 68 turnovers. That's right now a misprint. I know Shiloh was w/o the schindler girl, but wow, what a difference a year makes. Shiloh had 3 girls with 4 fouls in the first half and gu could not score at all. Napolean was young(no seniors, two 8th graders) and very aggressive. Jumped out to an early lead and hung on. NS tied it with under a minute left, napolean scored at the end an ns missed.

curious to see HMB play. Not often you get to see the 2nd ranked team in action.
bigpoppakdog

Re: New Salem Invitational.

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:33 pm

HMB by 30 over center/stanton. HMB was less than impressive for #2 ranked team, but its early and they did win by 30 against a center/stanton team that I thought had nothing, but will actually give everyone a tough game. Fettig didn't miss a shot from the field and missed only one free throw I believe. Early opinion is kidder county(steele/dawson) is better. We'll see come saturday because shiloh will not come within 50 of kidder county tomorrow and HMB will have no problem with napolean.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:07 pm

As predicted steele/dawson destroyed shiloh. HMB beat Napolean, but were not very impressive in the process.

Prediction: HMB will lose their second place ranking(not that it matters anyway) by a margin of 25 points. Steele/dawson has it all. Elli Benz is far superior to fettig, steele guards are superior to hmb's guards in ball handling and definitely shooting. Sheets is a solid player for HMB and so is weiser, but you don't get a lot of consistent scoring from the two of them. HMB tries to press, but won't be able to stop steele/dawson. HMB should be able to handle the pressure with their main players, but as soon as their bench players come in they will be at a disadvantage. I really hope this will be a good game, but my gut feeling is something like steele/dawson 60 HMB 30. We'll have to see.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:03 pm

well, my prediction was right on until the last 40 seconds. Steele/dawson absolutely destroyed HMB from the start. Lindsey sand came to play and fettig could do nothing against eli benz. HMB cannot generate any points from the outside and fettig is not good enough to generate a lot on her own. Steele/dawsons bench is probably as strong majority of teams starters. I think steele/dawson is a legit state contender. Eli Benz was very fun to watch as she can do EVERYTHING on the court. She even played point guard against HMB.

Napolean is a very fun team to watch also, as they come at you from the tip-off to the final buzzer regardless if they are up by 20 or down by 20. This team is scrappy. Only weakness is not having a major threat at the post, especially in that region. The mistakes they make are young mistakes, which is ok because they are a very young team.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:27 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:well, my prediction was right on until the last 40 seconds. Steele/dawson absolutely destroyed HMB from the start. Lindsey sand came to play and fettig could do nothing against eli benz. HMB cannot generate any points from the outside and fettig is not good enough to generate a lot on her own. Steele/dawsons bench is probably as strong majority of teams starters. I think steele/dawson is a legit state contender. Eli Benz was very fun to watch as she can do EVERYTHING on the court. She even played point guard against HMB.

Napolean is a very fun team to watch also, as they come at you from the tip-off to the final buzzer regardless if they are up by 20 or down by 20. This team is scrappy. Only weakness is not having a major threat at the post, especially in that region. The mistakes they make are young mistakes, which is ok because they are a very young team.

So what was the score of the Championship game?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:11 pm

i believe it was 62 to 32.
bigpoppakdog

Postby abcdefg » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:44 am

(Elli Benz is far superior to fettig,) <------i strongly disagree on that one .... and benz did not shut down fettig of cores she helped the other 2 players that were helping triple team fettig... closer to the end of game fettig was playing man to man on benz and shut her down and may i add fettig was suffering from the flu as well you could even see fettig was vary winded ..
abcdefg

Return to Girls