Who has a chance to beat bottineau?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who has a chance to beat bottineau?

Postby mplsfan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 pm

skeeter12 wrote:Apparently Kenmare!
THEY JUST BEAT BOTTINEAU
best upset EVER
Good job Kenmar!

No, I think a bigger upset, at least more upsetting to a Bottineau fan was the regional championship in 2005. Undefeated and ranked #1 (just like going into tonights game) and then losing to MLS for the right to go to state. They beat MLS by 20 a couple weeks before that. I'm sure Bottineau would rather lose this one than to lose one at regionals in a couple of weeks. None the less yes, it was an upset of magnitude just because of all Bottineau's recent success. However I don't think anyone in Bottineau (least of all the team) didn't believe this game or the upcoming one with MLS couldn't be close ones.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 am

When does Bottineau play Grafton??
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 am

Eminence wrote:When does Bottineau play Grafton??

They played Jan 31 with Bottineau winning 73-37
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theswami » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 am

How many in a row did Bottineau have?? they must have just missed the record.....
theswami
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:29 am

theswami wrote:How many in a row did Bottineau have?? they must have just missed the record.....

They had won 51 in a row. The record I believe is 56 by Williston in the 70's and Larimore 2002-04. So close. . . and yet so far.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby amm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:03 pm

mplsfan wrote:
theswami wrote:How many in a row did Bottineau have?? they must have just missed the record.....

They had won 51 in a row. The record I believe is 56 by Williston in the 70's and Larimore 2002-04. So close. . . and yet so far.

i cant wait to see how the game against MLS shakes out
amm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:52 pm

What was the score of the Kenmare game?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby amm » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Flip wrote:What was the score of the Kenmare game?

57-52
amm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbb » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:35 pm

amm wrote:
mplsfan wrote:

Game against MLS cancelled
bbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eggman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:01 pm

number33 wrote:i think dunseith has a chance with botno there doing excellent this year 5"11 junior tayla belgarde has been tearing it up this year ... i think its gonna be a close one.
Dunseith still has girls basketball? I thot they had all gone to botno
eggman

Postby amm » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 pm

bbb wrote:
amm wrote:
mplsfan wrote:

Game against MLS cancelled

darn... i was really excited to see how that game would end
amm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 am

eggman wrote:
number33 wrote:i think dunseith has a chance with botno there doing excellent this year 5"11 junior tayla belgarde has been tearing it up this year ... i think its gonna be a close one.

Can you name the girls from Dunseith that transfered to Bottineau? Or are you just talking smack?
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:18 am

amm wrote:
Flip wrote:What was the score of the Kenmare game?

57-52

Congrats to Kenmare on a big home win. If this game is played on a neutral court I think the outcome would have been in Bottineau's favor. The difference was 20 free throw attempts for Kenmare to Bottineau's two.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 am

It was actually 19-4 on the free throws attempts. Kenmare was 10-for-19 and Bottineau was 1-for-4.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eggman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:25 pm

GoodO'LBoy wrote:
eggman wrote:

Can you name the girls from Dunseith that transfered to Bottineau? Or are you just talking smack?

i don't know about this but i heard Knight was from dunseith and i heard they were getting like 2 or 3 more from there
eggman

Postby toddjames » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:44 pm

You mean Shaunna Knife? She wasn't from Dunseith, she went to school in Belcourt ...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rock83 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Sounds like bottineau needs to be more aggressive. When you stand and shoot jumpers thats what happens. And Bottineau has had more than knife come in and play for bottineau. Do we have short memories.
toddjames wrote:It was actually 19-4 on the free throws attempts. Kenmare was 10-for-19 and Bottineau was 1-for-4.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 pm

rock83 wrote:Sounds like bottineau needs to be more aggressive. When you stand and shoot jumpers thats what happens. And Bottineau has had more than knife come in and play for bottineau. Do we have short memories.
toddjames wrote:It was actually 19-4 on the free throws attempts. Kenmare was 10-for-19 and Bottineau was 1-for-4.

Apparently my memory is short. Let's see, there was Shaunna Knife and Mandee Keplin. You seem to be implying there were many, many more. Jog my memory!
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:30 am

eggman wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:
eggman wrote:

i don't know about this but i heard Knight was from dunseith and i heard they were getting like 2 or 3 more from there

First you said "I thot they had all gone to botno." Then you said "i don't know about this but i heard Knight was from dunseith and i heard they were getting like 2 or 3 more from there". It is clear. You were just talking smack. Clearly you do not know what you are talking about.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:44 am

rock83 wrote:Sounds like bottineau needs to be more aggressive. When you stand and shoot jumpers thats what happens. And Bottineau has had more than knife come in and play for bottineau. Do we have short memories.

Yes, you have a short memory. eggman and I were talking about transfers from Dunseith. Apparently, you either forgot that in the time you read what we were talking about and started typing or have poor reading comprehension. Either way, the only girl to transfer to Bottineau from Dunseith was the Peltier girl and she transferred as an eight grader. The Keplin girl is from Belcourt. She played briefly in Dunseith prior to transferring to Bottineau. Knife is neither from Belcourt or Dunseith. Bottineau has received 3 transfers. In my opinion they only received 2 because Peltier has played her entire career there.

Why is this such a big deal? Because of their success?
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Agreed on all points except Knife did come from Belcourt - her older brother played in Belcourt, and her younger brother Jacob plays their now.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:07 pm

BB11 wrote:Agreed on all points except Knife did come from Belcourt - her older brother played in Belcourt, and her younger brother Jacob plays their now.

But she is not from Belcourt. She may have attendend school there for a period of time but she is not from that community. My point is that she came to this part of the state and did not fit in at her first choice of school. Which is why she transferred to Bottineau. If she had gone straight to Bottineau instead of Belcourt would there still be all the fuss?

How long did she attend school in Belcourt?

Wow, this has gotten way off the topic.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Freshman and sophomore year for sure, maybe eighth grade too, but not sure... I do know she played varsity her entire time there...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eggman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:17 pm

GoodO'LBoy wrote:

Yes, you have a short memory. eggman and I were talking about transfers from Dunseith. Apparently, you either forgot that in the time you read what we were talking about and started typing or have poor reading comprehension. Either way, the only girl to transfer to Bottineau from Dunseith was the Peltier girl and she transferred as an eight grader. The Keplin girl is from Belcourt. She played briefly in Dunseith prior to transferring to Bottineau. Knife is neither from Belcourt or Dunseith. Bottineau has received 3 transfers. In my opinion they only received 2 because Peltier has played her entire career there.

No not because of their success it is just suspicious when u get 3 of them in a short period of time.
eggman

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 pm

eggman wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:

No not because of their success it is just suspicious when u get 3 of them in a short period of time.

Suspicious? Please explain that. Or are you still talking smack?
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls