Who has a chance to beat bottineau?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who has a chance to beat bottineau?

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Carrington beat Number 9 team state Steele at one pt was up by 21
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsgirl2829 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Carrington has a chance. All the starters are over 5'8". With two 6' girls. It'll be a good game vs. NR and Cgtn and i am rooting for Cgtn to come out on top.
sportsgirl2829
NDPreps Reserve

Postby number33 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:17 am

i think dunseith has a chance with botno there doing excellent this year 5"11 junior tayla belgarde has been tearing it up this year ... i think its gonna be a close one.
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsportwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Hillsboro!!!
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sport » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:47 pm

NDsportwatcher wrote:Hillsboro!!!

Hillsboro is going to win their share of games this year, but beating Bottineau, not likely. Will see if they can get past Cooperstown Thursday after the big win on Tuesday.
sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:07 pm

number33 wrote:i think dunseith has a chance with botno there doing excellent this year 5"11 junior tayla belgarde has been tearing it up this year ... i think its gonna be a close one.

Tonight-Bottineau-69
Dunseith-32
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 am

I think New Rockford has a legit chance to beat Bottineau because if you havent seen them play yet they play great pressure defense and have a couple really good gaurds in Wetzel and Grann and I think Engels could atleast slow down Knife. Not saying she can shut her down but I dont think she would blow up and win the game by herself. This would be a great matchup I think.
basketball10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:50 pm

basketball10 wrote:I think New Rockford has a legit chance to beat Bottineau because if you havent seen them play yet they play great pressure defense and have a couple really good gaurds in Wetzel and Grann and I think Engels could atleast slow down Knife. Not saying she can shut her down but I dont think she would blow up and win the game by herself. This would be a great matchup I think.

New Rockford-Sheyenne would have a puncher's chance against Bottineau if, and ONLY if, their shooting percentage is relatively high. In the last two games NR-S has played, against Wells County and Midkota, they didn't appear as if they came out firing with both guns blazing on the offensive end, with a lot of poor shot selection and inefficient possessions. I think I actually saw Engels try to put up a shot against a quadruple-team last night... This team still has much to learn when it comes to breaking zone defenses, which they will probably be seeing the majority of the time for the rest of the season. However, their defense alone could keep them in the thick of things even on off-shooting nights, from what I've seen so far. Whomever comes out of Region 4, whether it be NR-S or Carrington (who would also be a tough out for Bottineau due to their height and clutch guard play) would definitely give the Stars a run for their money.

I think, if indeed it comes to pass, that it could have the makings of a great matchup on several levels (all the more better if you consider the rematch of the 2005 boys' title game angle...) Tournament time is coming up soon... Anything can happen, and probably will. :D
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Josh » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Photoguy have you seen Bott play yet? I am wondering how you know so much about them? You are obviously a rocket fan. i would love to see the Rockets and Stars meet up. There is a lot of season left though. So don't get your hopes up.
rocketsphotoguy wrote:
basketball10 wrote:I think New Rockford has a legit chance to beat Bottineau because if you havent seen them play yet they play great pressure defense and have a couple really good gaurds in Wetzel and Grann and I think Engels could atleast slow down Knife. Not saying she can shut her down but I dont think she would blow up and win the game by herself. This would be a great matchup I think.

New Rockford-Sheyenne would have a puncher's chance against Bottineau if, and ONLY if, their shooting percentage is relatively high. In the last two games NR-S has played, against Wells County and Midkota, they didn't appear as if they came out firing with both guns blazing on the offensive end, with a lot of poor shot selection and inefficient possessions. I think I actually saw Engels try to put up a shot against a quadruple-team last night... This team still has much to learn when it comes to breaking zone defenses, which they will probably be seeing the majority of the time for the rest of the season. However, their defense alone could keep them in the thick of things even on off-shooting nights, from what I've seen so far. Whomever comes out of Region 4, whether it be NR-S or Carrington (who would also be a tough out for Bottineau due to their height and clutch guard play) would definitely give the Stars a run for their money.

I think, if indeed it comes to pass, that it could have the makings of a great matchup on several levels (all the more better if you consider the rematch of the 2005 boys' title game angle...) Tournament time is coming up soon... Anything can happen, and probably will. :D
Josh
NDPreps Reserve

Postby captain_caveman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:32 pm

I am not from the Bottineau area so I only see them play at state. How is this years team compared to their teams from past?

Also, even if there are some teams that match them talent wise, the Stars have the state experience and I am assuming the tremendous desire to win another championship. Other teams may have that same desire, but beating a team that has been so dominate and has that tradition is hard to do. Especially if it is a teams first time at state for many years.
captain_caveman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mplsfan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Nothing scientific here just some opinions. I think Bottineau is as tough as they have always been at the top of their line-up. However I don't believe their bench is as deep as in past years. Shaunna Knife is a great player but by no means a one person team. She was out ill for two or three games and they were still winning by 30 and 40 points. She doesn't have an extremely high scoring average which to me says more about team balance than it does about her ability to score. She can score at will but they don't need her to. There are other capable scorers on the team as well. Bottineau is averaging over 70 points a game and defensively holding teams to 32. They haven't lost a game since the district championships two years ago (three starters hurt or ill) and IF their winning streak continues they are on track to break what I believe is the state record of 56 straight wins set by Williston from 1975-78. Ironically Bottineau is the team that stopped that Willistion steak in the semi's of the then Class "A" NW Region semi's in 78'
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Guess I was almost right. I'll correct that. If Bottineau's winning streak continues they are on track to break the 56 game winning streak of Williston 1975-78 and Larimore 2002-04. Thanks for the heads up scc. Quick question. Did Larimore lose the first game of the 04-05 season or did they extend the winning streak a few games into that season?
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Josh wrote:Photoguy have you seen Bott play yet? I am wondering how you know so much about them? You are obviously a rocket fan. i would love to see the Rockets and Stars meet up. There is a lot of season left though. So don't get your hopes up.
rocketsphotoguy wrote:

Ok Josh, you got me. I will confess that I am indeed a Rocket booster (no pun intended, though not in the monetary sense...) However, working in the journalism field, I make every attempt to maintain a sense of impartiality when I post to this site. Everything that I write re: anything New Rockford-Sheyenne that appears on here is based on my observations of covering both the boys and girls on a nightly basis (when travel is convenient, of course.) Never in my previous post did I ever make any indication of knowing ANYTHING about Bottineau, as they are kind of hard to follow from 150 or so miles away and you can't learn very much from reading box scores in the daily of your choice. I just felt the need to put my personal thoughts on the topic, since NR-S (along with several other teams mentioned on this thread) seem to be a popular answer to the question posed here.

And believe me, I will not put the cart before the horse when it comes to immediately anointing NR-S as a state-tournament bound team. We've had contending teams before in the past few years that seem to peter out at the wrong time come tournament play. Until the last buzzer sounds at the Region 4 in Devils Lake, I am making NO assumptions whatsoever. End of story.

(Sorry to strike the negative and defensive tone here... I apologize to anyone who might take offense to it. This is a great site, and we all should keep it that way.)
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Johnny » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Detroit Lions
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm still sticking with kidder county. They are better than Hazen. Haven't seen bott. play, so i don't know if this is a hypothetical question or a realistic question. I would put money on Kidder County over the other 8 teams ranked in the top 10 or the remainder teams getting votes like beach, underwood etc...
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm

rocketsphotoguy wrote:
Josh wrote:Photoguy have you seen Bott play yet? I am wondering how you know so much about them? You are obviously a rocket fan. i would love to see the Rockets and Stars meet up. There is a lot of season left though. So don't get your hopes up.
rocketsphotoguy wrote:

Ok Josh, you got me. I will confess that I am indeed a Rocket booster (no pun intended, though not in the monetary sense...) However, working in the journalism field, I make every attempt to maintain a sense of impartiality when I post to this site. Everything that I write re: anything New Rockford-Sheyenne that appears on here is based on my observations of covering both the boys and girls on a nightly basis (when travel is convenient, of course.) Never in my previous post did I ever make any indication of knowing ANYTHING about Bottineau, as they are kind of hard to follow from 150 or so miles away and you can't learn very much from reading box scores in the daily of your choice. I just felt the need to put my personal thoughts on the topic, since NR-S (along with several other teams mentioned on this thread) seem to be a popular answer to the question posed here.

And believe me, I will not put the cart before the horse when it comes to immediately anointing NR-S as a state-tournament bound team. We've had contending teams before in the past few years that seem to peter out at the wrong time come tournament play. Until the last buzzer sounds at the Region 4 in Devils Lake, I am making NO assumptions whatsoever. End of story.

(Sorry to strike the negative and defensive tone here... I apologize to anyone who might take offense to it. This is a great site, and we all should keep it that way.)

There are too many babies on here. If I had to apologize for every time I hurt someone's feelings I'd have a book written. Don't worry about it. You thoughts are grammatically correct and clear. I don't like arguing with people who spl lke ths and call out other players from other teams. I talk players up to support arguments, but hate to call out other players. But either way, what else is this forum for? Posting stats? A guy can read that stuff in the paper. Keep it up!!
bigpoppakdog

Postby skeeter12 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm

I don't know why hazen is ranked.
ya they have a good season record but who have they played that is hard?
Kidder Counties aswome. They're two main girls just have to stay out of foul trouble and they could beat whomever they want.
skeeter12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 am

skeeter12 wrote:I don't know why hazen is ranked.
ya they have a good season record but who have they played that is hard?
Kidder Counties aswome. They're two main girls just have to stay out of foul trouble and they could beat whomever they want.

I've been reading your posts and you have to be full of sarcasm. Anyone who would say that about Hazen has to be using sarcasm. Funny.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Hazen should be ranked. They are tall and play a very good run and jump defense. I question if they are good enough offensively, but most definitely a top team in the state.
bigpoppakdog

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:47 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:
rocketsphotoguy wrote:
rocketsphotoguy wrote:

There are too many babies on here. If I had to apologize for every time I hurt someone's feelings I'd have a book written. Don't worry about it. You thoughts are grammatically correct and clear. I don't like arguing with people who spl lke ths and call out other players from other teams. I talk players up to support arguments, but hate to call out other players. But either way, what else is this forum for? Posting stats? A guy can read that stuff in the paper. Keep it up!!

Thanks for the support, bigpoppakdog. Very much appreciated. :D
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:24 pm

What can anyone tell me about Grafton this year. They are playing Bottineau right now.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Looks like this question was finally answered... Kenmare beat Bottineau 57-52 tonight in Kenmare... big, big win for the Honkers, tough, tough loss for the Stars... I'd hate to be team that has to play them next!
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mplsfan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 pm

big, big win for the Honkers, tough, tough loss for the Stars... I'd hate to be team that has to play them next!

That would be MLS. I had this feeling (nothing but a hunch) that if they won both the Kenmare and the MLS games they would struggle come tournament time. If they lost one of them they would end up better for it. I guess time will tell.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:08 pm

mplsfan wrote:big, big win for the Honkers, tough, tough loss for the Stars... I'd hate to be team that has to play them next!

That would be MLS. I had this feeling (nothing but a hunch) that if they won both the Kenmare and the MLS games they would struggle come tournament time. If they lost one of them they would end up better for it. I guess time will tell.

I thought the same thing when I found they lost, might be for the better... better to lose a regular season game than to fall at the Region tournament or at state....
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skeeter12 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Apparently Kenmare!
THEY JUST BEAT BOTTINEAU
best upset EVER
Good job Kenmare!
skeeter12
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Girls