Who has a chance to beat bottineau?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who has a chance to beat bottineau?

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:37 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I don't think I would go that far. Big upset....definitely. Biggest upset in region history...doubtful.

Agree. Region 2 is pretty good at producing upset games. I would say when Finley-Sharon in '86 lost to North Central would have to be up there as one of the biggest upsets in girls class b basketball. FS was the reigning state champs, #1 all season, and all starters returning.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 am

I've heard about that team. Didn't know they were undefeated and ranked #1 all year, tho. Plus to have all starters back from a state championship. That's a huge upset....definitely bigger than Grafton getting beat last year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:24 am

super10 wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
eastwood99 wrote:Also, how far did they get in the Regional Tournament.

Lost in the title game....one of the biggest upsets in region history

How do you figure? They were not supposed to win that game hands down.

They were definetly highly favored in last years region title game, and lost. I agree that it was one of biggest upsets in region history.

I don't think it was that big of an upset. Fordville returned 4 starters from the year before, which placed 2nd in the region. I think the entire gym knew it would be a close game.

It doesn't matter though because Botno will win their 4th state championship this year. If they do not, we can start calling for their loss to be the "biggest upset in state history."
Last edited by GoodO'LBoy on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Who does Bottineau have for post players?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndplayer10 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:43 pm

If they are all they say they are how about a show down with mandan?? They are a very good class B girls team but Kenmere might put up a fight.
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby ball23 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:21 pm

SDHoops wrote:I thought Shaunna Knife was going to the University of Mary. I was surprised that she wasn't part of the signing class. She already verballed so it seemed like she had her mind made up. Is she thinking of going elsewhere?

I know she was thinking else where, but she pretty much made her decision by verballing to UMary. She will most likely sign in the early signing period.
ball23

Postby ball23 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 pm

ndplayer10 wrote:If they are all they say they are how about a show down with mandan?? They are a very good class B girls team but Kenmere might put up a fight.

keyword: MIGHT!!!

unlikely though. The girls in bottineau lost to Kenmare in the region championship game during volleyball, and i was told they just said wait til basketball season.
ball23

Postby baller030 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 pm

ball23 wrote:
ndplayer10 wrote:If they are all they say they are how about a show down with mandan?? They are a very good class B girls team but Kenmere might put up a fight.

unlikely though. The girls in bottineau lost to Kenmare in the region championship game during volleyball, and i was told they just said wait til basketball season.

it will be a close game botno doesnt have much at post they lost it all and kenmare has some perdy good ones
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 pm

baller030 wrote:
ball23 wrote:

it will be a close game botno doesnt have much at post they lost it all and kenmare has some perdy good ones

All Bottineau lost from last year was Maribeth Geiszler. Of course Kayla Roemmich is gone as well but she wasn' t a significant contributor last year anyway because of her knees (although she played some important minutes in the state tournament). In Kayla's absence Erin Caroline stepped in and had a great year. She's back. For the last two years I've heard that Kenmare was going to give them a run and Bottineau still hasn't beaten them by fewer than 20 points. Not saying it couldn't happen but so far Kenmare hasn't proven they can live up to the hype.
We'll see!
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ball23 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

mplsfan wrote:
baller030 wrote:
ball23 wrote:

All Bottineau lost from last year was Maribeth Geiszler. Of course Kayla Roemmich is gone as well but she wasn' t a significant contributor last year anyway because of her knees (although she played some important minutes in the state tournament). In Kayla's absence Erin Caroline stepped in and had a great year. She's back. For the last two years I've heard that Kenmare was going to give them a run and Bottineau still hasn't beaten them by fewer than 20 points. Not saying it couldn't happen but so far Kenmare hasn't proven they can live up to the hype.
We'll see!

You don't really need a post prescence in girls class b basketball, its always nice if you do, but all you need is a legit scorer, who can takeover the game at anytime. Bottineau has this type of player, does Kenmare? Not to sure. Bottineau does. Her name is Shaunna Knife!
ball23

Postby basketball1427 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:51 pm

i agree bott should win it but i think the winner of region 4 would give them a good game
if its carrington they will have 2 girls that are 6 feet tall in emily thompson and katie klein plus good guards
if its new rockford they at some times this year will have five girls that are guards on the court at one time and should be tough to guard
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ball23 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:26 pm

basketball1427 wrote:i agree bott should win it but i think the winner of region 4 would give them a good game
if its carrington they will have 2 girls that are 6 feet tall in emily thompson and katie klein plus good guards
if its new rockford they at some times this year will have five girls that are guards on the court at one time and should be tough to guard

wow! two 6 footers. are they fundamentally sound? if they are they'll be tough. guard play does work in class b girls basketball because most of time. i still don't think these teams have a chance against bottineau who has guard play and a post presence if needed. Abbey Aide is a mosquito on defense n works hard every game, kelsey peltier can shoot the ball and has decent ball handling skills, shaunna knife can flat out play. inside outside, it don't matter.
ball23

Postby baseball » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Knife finally a senior this year? or just a junior? And everytime i see something with 2 6' girls i think of the Langdon team from 05 and how dominant they were.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby mplsfan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn' t Carrington get pummeled by Bowman I believe in the state championship a few years ago? Was that the year they had Sherri Kleinsauser (6'2") and another girl about 5'11" OR 6'. Height (even really good height like Kleinsauser) isn't alway the entire answer. Bottineau started 6'2" and 6'0" in 2005 along with Kelsey Aide, Sarah Neubauer and Kayla Roemmich. WOW you'd think. Yes they were ranked #1 and undefeated but lost the region championship to Mohall. Ouch!
Help me out if I got years mixed up on the Carrington thing.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby captain_caveman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Yes, Carrington lost big time in the state championship game to Beach in about 1990. Beach had some good size too that year.
captain_caveman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ball23 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 am

baseball wrote:Knife finally a senior this year? or just a junior? And everytime i see something with 2 6' girls i think of the Langdon team from 05 and how dominant they were.

Yep! Knife is a senior this year. She's been ballin varsity since she was in 8th grade haha.
ball23

Postby basketball1427 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:10 pm

ball23 wrote:
basketball1427 wrote:i agree bott should win it but i think the winner of region 4 would give them a good game

wow! two 6 footers. are they fundamentally sound? if they are they'll be tough. guard play does work in class b girls basketball because most of time. i still don't think these teams have a chance against bottineau who has guard play and a post presence if needed. Abbey Aide is a mosquito on defense n works hard every game, kelsey peltier can shoot the ball and has decent ball handling skills, shaunna knife can flat out play. inside outside, it don't matter.

ya klein is a good player but thompson is only a freshman who got some varsity time last year but they both should be tough
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grywyn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:43 pm

I dont beleive Grafton can win there Region as they will not get by a talented PR-Lankin Fordville team that is loaded up and down there bench
grywyn
NDPreps Starter

Postby Beston51 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 am

NR-S is a pretty good team and might have a chance if they were to play bottineau.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Beston51 wrote:NR-S is a pretty good team and might have a chance if they were to play bottineau.

Yeah with the addition of Bobbi Grann and with two double digit scorers in Engels and Wetzel, I definitely think NR-S could play with Bottineau. Should make things interesting coming tournament time...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:46 pm

toddjames wrote:
Beston51 wrote:NR-S is a pretty good team and might have a chance if they were to play bottineau.

Yeah with the addition of Bobbi Grann and with two double digit scorers in Engels and Wetzel, I definitely think NR-S could play with Bottineau. Should make things interesting coming tournament time...

Knife will cause problems offensively and defensively, she's simply unstoppable. Aide is a mosquito on defense and will cause problems. Peltier is a tough and doesn't quit. NR-S top 3 isn't close to Bottineau's top 3. Bottineau won't be touched this year
ball23

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:39 pm

ball23 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

Knife will cause problems offensively and defensively, she's simply unstoppable. Aide is a mosquito on defense and will cause problems. Peltier is a tough and doesn't quit. NR-S top 3 isn't close to Bottineau's top 3. Bottineau won't be touched this year

What about the other 9?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:16 pm

baseball wrote:
ball23 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

What about the other 9?

That might be the difference right there... Bottineau always has a deep bench and that helps make them so tough on defense... keeping players fresh is a big key to pressure defense...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:26 pm

toddjames wrote:
baseball wrote:
ball23 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

What about the other 9?

That might be the difference right there... Bottineau always has a deep bench and that helps make them so tough on defense... keeping players fresh is a big key to pressure defense...

They could probably go 6-7 deep, not a whole lot as in the past. Bottineaus first 5 is a tough group and if they do lose a game, big deal! Bottineau will come to play and not be tounched during tourney time. They already whooped Rolla by 50+ points and Rolla is picked to win there District. Uh Oh!
ball23

Postby bball_fan71 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:36 pm

NR-S just beat Maddock by 50pts. Maddock got beat by Rolla-Rock-Lake by 2pts. Bottineau beat Rolla-Rock-Lake by 50pts. .......hmm?
bball_fan71
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Girls