"B" Sqaud? Whos the best?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

"B" Sqaud? Whos the best?

Postby sportsgirl2829 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:29 pm

I just wanted to know which teams out there have one of the best "B" squad teams?

Carrington went undeafeated this year for the season 2007-2008
sportsgirl2829
NDPreps Reserve

Re: "B" Sqaud? Whos the best?

Postby Bison09 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Central Cass went 19-0. I expect them to finish somewhere around there again.
Bison09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sporty Girl #1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:53 pm

North Sargent B-squad is goin to dominate...but Varsity will to! :)
Sporty Girl #1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sporty Girl #1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:54 pm

someone i know from gwinner, North Sargent thinks Cetral Cass will do bad this year.
Sporty Girl #1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby shoelace » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:36 pm

Well Central Cass will have a strong B squad once again because of their extreme numbers. They went undefeated last year, and they only lost two juniors who weren't a big contribution, the rest were young. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat.
shoelace
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketball1427 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 pm

carrington's put up 84 agaisnt dakota prairie in their first game im sure DP is down but thats still pretty impressive
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tyler21s » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Definitely HMB. We took 4th in state last year, and are ranked number 2 in state.
tyler21s

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:22 pm

kiddeer county didn't go to state last year, and weren't ranked number two this year. I think it is very clear the distinct difference between HMB and Kidder county. 30 points down by half. New Salem also had an undefeated "B" squad, only to win 9 games last year on the varsity level. "B" squad doesn't mean squat now days in Class B.
bigpoppakdog

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:39 am

shoelace wrote:Well Central Cass will have a strong B squad once again because of their extreme numbers. They went undefeated last year, and they only lost two juniors who weren't a big contribution, the rest were young. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat.

So far, so good. I think they've beaten everyone so far this year by at least 20, maybe 30. And I wouldn't say we have "extreme" numbers. There are only 17 girls out in grades 9 - 12. Two 8th graders are currently playing JV, so 19 girls total. I wouldn't call that "extreme."
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:38 am

basketball1427 wrote:carrington's put up 84 agaisnt dakota prairie in their first game im sure DP is down but thats still pretty impressive

Carrington would certainly get my vote out of our region. They beat us (meaning NR-S) by 30, and we usually can hold our own with any B-squad we play. They seem to have a very high collective basketball "I.Q." for their skill level (which comes from great coaching.) Also, they have a fairly substantial amount of numbers to draw from the junior high ranks. I'm not saying that's the main reason they succeed, but it certainly helps.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby shoelace » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:17 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
shoelace wrote:Well Central Cass will have a strong B squad once again because of their extreme numbers. They went undefeated last year, and they only lost two juniors who weren't a big contribution, the rest were young. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat.

So far, so good. I think they've beaten everyone so far this year by at least 20, maybe 30. And I wouldn't say we have "extreme" numbers. There are only 17 girls out in grades 9 - 12. Two 8th graders are currently playing JV, so 19 girls total. I wouldn't call that "extreme."

"Extreme" as in the total number of girls in 9-12 at Central Cass. When you have a coach like Barb Kraft only the best in each grade go out (meaning she is quite intimidating to anyone not up to par on their ball skills). Sure there are only twenty girls out, but look how deep their JV bench is because they have no one permanently only on C squad. It's bigger than a lot of other girls teams around the region, which is unfortunate, but true. Hankinson and Northern Cass both only have 12 or 13 girls out total. Anyway, the Central Cass JV is looking good 25-0 I believe- best of luck to them.
shoelace
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bulls=Dynasty » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Sporty Girl #1 y would u think north sargent would have a good jv they dont even a have a good varsity!!! Wow u must go there or something
Bulls=Dynasty
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:52 pm

I think that that is pretty obvious now!!
stoaxc2004

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:01 pm

shoelace wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:

"Extreme" as in the total number of girls in 9-12 at Central Cass. When you have a coach like Barb Kraft only the best in each grade go out (meaning she is quite intimidating to anyone not up to par on their ball skills). Sure there are only twenty girls out, but look how deep their JV bench is because they have no one permanently only on C squad. It's bigger than a lot of other girls teams around the region, which is unfortunate, but true. Hankinson and Northern Cass both only have 12 or 13 girls out total. Anyway, the Central Cass JV is looking good 25-0 I believe- best of luck to them.

After the holiday break, I think some of the girls will move down to "permanently" be on C-Squad. Although it seems a lot of teams don't have C-squads anymore, which is too bad. Back in my day, there was no JH season - the JH was the C-squad. Maybe it should go back to that?? And yes, I agree, Mrs. Kraft is can be quite intimidating. :?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:44 am

Bulls=Dynasty wrote:Sporty Girl #1 y would u think north sargent would have a good jv they dont even a have a good varsity!!! Wow u must go there or something

I have no idea how good North Sargent's varsity or jv is, but just because a school's varsity isn't that good does not mean their JV is poor too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:38 pm

Thompson's JV may not be the best now, but they are really good. considering they play 4 7th graders and a freshman and have only lost game.....
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby mathlete110 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 pm

web17 wrote:Thompson's JV may not be the best now, but they are really good. considering they play 4 7th graders and a freshman and have only lost game.....

Even when your 7th and 8th graders are good, you take away a lot of their potential when you move them up. They would get better if they were playing junior high then moving up after the season ended. Just like when people need to play jv to get better before playing on varsity. They might be good, but they might not get a whole lot better once they get moved up so far.
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:49 pm

mathlete110 wrote:
web17 wrote:Thompson's JV may not be the best now, but they are really good. considering they play 4 7th graders and a freshman and have only lost game.....

Even when your 7th and 8th graders are good, you take away a lot of their potential when you move them up. They would get better if they were playing junior high then moving up after the season ended. Just like when people need to play jv to get better before playing on varsity. They might be good, but they might not get a whole lot better once they get moved up so far.

Are you serious? They will get much better playing against better competition. No one gets better playing against people who are 2 or 3 levels behind them.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby mathlete110 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Uh..yeah I'm serious..Usually it depends. You don't get better if you get blown out either..Finley Sharon used to have 7th and 8th graders even play on varsity and some of them are still about at the same level they were then because they always got beat so bad and couldn't compete what so ever. That's what I mean when I say sometimes they won't get a whole lot better..
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Oh. I thought you were looking at it in a different way. I was assuming this Thompson team was good, just from looking at the previous posts and the topic's name.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:28 pm

mathlete110 wrote:Uh..yeah I'm serious..Usually it depends. You don't get better if you get blown out either..Finley Sharon used to have 7th and 8th graders even play on varsity and some of them are still about at the same level they were then because they always got beat so bad and couldn't compete what so ever. That's what I mean when I say sometimes they won't get a whole lot better..

Umm what 7th and 8th graders are you referring too? interested to hear your reply
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby mathlete110 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:32 pm

I believe it was back when like Katie Hansen played..and the girls she played with.
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:34 pm

mathlete110 wrote:I believe it was back when like Katie Hansen played..and the girls she played with.

Ok Katie Hanson has since transfered to GCC so i don't know how much better she is....Taylor Palmer and Amber Montag both play significant time/start on one of the best teams in the state...so i think your theory is wrong.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby mathlete110 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:36 pm

The Schwab wrote:
mathlete110 wrote:I believe it was back when like Katie Hansen played..and the girls she played with.

Ok Katie Hanson has since transfered to GCC so i don't know how much better she is....Taylor Palmer and Amber Montag both play significant time/start on one of the best teams in the state...so i think your theory is wrong.

I don't think so. I think that they had to have definetly benefited from the co-op. I think that had they not gone with HP they wouldn't be at the same level they are at now. But that's my opinion, and you have yours.
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:39 pm

mathlete110 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I don't think so. I think that they had to have definetly benefited from the co-op. I think that had they not gone with HP they wouldn't be at the same level they are at now. But that's my opinion, and you have yours.

Then what about the co-op has made them better? I know playing with a player of the Caliber of Kruger has helped....but that doesn't help their skill set.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls