Carrington Girls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Carrington Girls

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:50 pm

They bring back tons talent next season think they will be at top of region or maybe one best in state? They return all there best players!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Re: Carrington Girls

Postby ICU » Wed May 14, 2008 11:41 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:They bring back tons talent next season think they will be at top of region or maybe one best in state? They return all there best players!

And great size and super coach. Should be top 3 team in state all year
ICU

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 pm

NRS returns everyone as well. It will be a battle between these two teams in Dist 7 and Reg 4. I give an edge to NRS, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:02 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:NRS returns everyone as well. It will be a battle between these two teams in Dist 7 and Reg 4. I give an edge to NRS, tho.

I dont think NRS can stick with them this coming year!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mod Bot » Tue May 27, 2008 8:10 pm

For what it's worth, New Rockford-Sheyenne defeated Carrington 57-48 in New Rockford last season according to the results on the NDHSAA site.

That was on Dec. 20, 2007 - one of five losses the Cardinals had in the season. It was Carrington's first loss of the season, and the only loss in the Cards' first 15 games.
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Mod Bot wrote:For what it's worth, New Rockford-Sheyenne defeated Carrington 57-48 in New Rockford last season according to the results on the NDHSAA site.

That was on Dec. 20, 2007 - one of five losses the Cardinals had in the season. It was Carrington's first loss of the season, and the only loss in the Cards' first 15 games.

That Was Last Season!!Carrington will have all there best players back an will play them at home this year NR is always a hrad place to play so guess we will have t osee what happens!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mod Bot » Thu May 29, 2008 7:24 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Mod Bot wrote:For what it's worth, New Rockford-Sheyenne defeated Carrington 57-48 in New Rockford last season according to the results on the NDHSAA site.

That Was Last Season!!Carrington will have all there best players back an will play them at home this year NR is always a hrad place to play so guess we will have t osee what happens!

Which may very well be why I started my post with "For what it's worth..."
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Mod Bot wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:

Which may very well be why I started my post with "For what it's worth..."

so you think Carrington an NR will be among the state next season?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mod Bot » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:59 am

It is tough to say. Both should be good. It could very well come down to both teams in the region tournament. But until someone knocks off Bottineau, I think they are going to be the one team everyone is chasing.

Knife is as unstoppable a weapon as there is in the state and I don't really think any team will have an answer for her.

I would guess thank Hankinson would be solid, they are so tough defensively. I thought Region 2 had a young team or two that could be threats. LLM will have a lot of seniors and Linton and Steele will make it interesting in Region 3. Don't know that much about Regions 5, 7, and 8.

And of course in the Class B world, with the volleyball season, a basketball team is one blown knee away from looking radically different in an instant.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 am

Mod Bot wrote:It is tough to say. Both should be good. It could very well come down to both teams in the region tournament. But until someone knocks off Bottineau, I think they are going to be the one team everyone is chasing.

Knife is as unstoppable a weapon as there is in the state and I don't really think any team will have an answer for her.

I would guess thank Hankinson would be solid, they are so tough defensively. I thought Region 2 had a young team or two that could be threats. LLM will have a lot of seniors and Linton and Steele will make it interesting in Region 3. Don't know that much about Regions 5, 7, and 8.

And of course in the Class B world, with the volleyball season, a basketball team is one blown knee away from looking radically different in an instant.

ya it will be fun season to watch
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:09 am

There has been talk that Bobbi Grann is possibly transferring out of Minnewauken to NR. Is there any truth in this? If it is you could probably pencil NR-S in for the state championship.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:36 am

Look in the topic "Best players from all regions" for more information on Grann. Most people seem to be sure that she is staying in Mwkn.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Look in the topic "Best players from all regions" for more information on Grann. Most people seem to be sure that she is staying in Mwkn.

She will be sporting a rockets jersey this season, end of discussion.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Look in the topic "Best players from all regions" for more information on Grann. Most people seem to be sure that she is staying in Mwkn.

She will be sporting a rockets jersey this season, end of discussion.

My source has told me she will be playing for NR.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:There has been talk that Bobbi Grann is possibly transferring out of Minnewauken to NR. Is there any truth in this? If it is you could probably pencil NR-S in for the state championship.

Be that as it may........wasn't that said about Grafton last year with the transfer of Samantha Baldwin

that's why they play the games......
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan10 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:48 pm

yes it's official that Grann is a New Rockford-Sheyenne Rocket. she decided to take the challenge and go to NRS and now she will likely be implemented into a two-guard system, with both Grann and Wetzel bringing up the ball. look for a more up-tempo game from the Rockets as they take Bobbi into the team
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 pm

sportsfan10 wrote:yes it's official that Grann is a New Rockford-Sheyenne Rocket. she decided to take the challenge and go to NRS and now she will likely be implemented into a two-guard system, with both Grann and Wetzel bringing up the ball. look for a more up-tempo game from the Rockets as they take Bobbi into the team

I wouldn't necessarily say that she took a challenge by transferring to NR, considering they were already one of the front-runners in region 4. It's more like she avoided a challenge in leading a less talented team in M-L.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say that she took a challenge by transferring to NR, considering they were already one of the front-runners in region 4. It's more like she avoided a challenge in leading a less talented team in M-L.

My thoughts exactly...
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 am

Yet another student transferring schools because of athletics....
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsfanatic » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:41 pm

From what I hear it was a family decision. I think the decision was made because of her siblings in NR school already.
Sportsfanatic
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Still, if that is what the reason was they could have done that in previous years.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball_fan71 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Gran's sister is a 7th grader this year, meaning her games will be in the same nights. Her younger bother will be a kindergardener meaning he will be in full-time school. It isnt possible for the family to be 40 miles apart anymore.
bball_fan71
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan10 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:36 pm

Bobbi saw that her sister and brother will BOTH now be going to school in NRS plus her mom has a job in the area. she has a lot of friends in NR-S as well so i think that she decided it was a good move for herself, she wants another try for state after it was taken away from her VERY good team last year.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:16 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Still, if that is what the reason was they could have done that in previous years.

Evidently that probably wasn't the real reason she left. The reality of it is that the tide is turning in the Minnewauken school system, and parents from Minnewauken and the surrounding area are pulling their kids as a result of it. I believe this was more of a poor ethical decision more so than a family one.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 am

If NRS had lost everyone last year and ML returned most everyone and was expected to win the district/region, I guarantee this isn't even a topic to be discussed right now. People can give many reasons why she decided to transfer, but when it all comes down to it the main reason is bball.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls