Lion's All Star Team

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Lion's All Star Team

Postby bballqueen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Any Body hear or know who all made it on the Lion's All Star Team? Or any predictions?
JOHN 3:16
bballqueen
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Lion's All Star Team

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:27 pm

A good bet would be to look at the all-state team, pick out the seniors and I bet most, if not all have been invited to play.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:45 pm

I think Abby Nasset of Bowman County made the team, and Kent Harding will be coaching the team
project-pat

Postby Hawks » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 am

Bearstail, Gillette, Schmitt, Paige Anderson, Tana Trotter.
Bittner from Hebron is only all stater not on.
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Has anybody seen a complete roster?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:26 pm

Does anyone know the date??
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:54 pm

I don't know if this will help or not but in the Boys Class B Forum magic715 said that he thinks that boys games are in the second or third week of July.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 pm

Eminence wrote:Does anyone know the date??

At Bismarck on Tuesday, July 15 and at Fargo on Wednesday, July 16th - doubleheader with girls and boys playing the same nights. I assume girls play first.

Chosen by the "North Dakota High School Coaches Association's All Star Selection Committee." whatever that is?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballqueen » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 am

What gyms in fargo and bismarck will they be playing in?
JOHN 3:16
bballqueen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 am

bballqueen wrote:What gyms in fargo and bismarck will they be playing in?

Civic Center and Civic Center
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chevyman11 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:39 am

The games between the Class A and Class B squads are set for July 15 at the Bismarck Civic Center and July 16 at the Fargo Civic Center.

The Class A players are: Kylie Messer, Bismarck St. Mary's; Mara Paulson, Fargo Shanley; Lexi Braun, Wahpeton; Andi Wheeler, Grand Forks Red River; Sarah Smith, Grand Forks Red River' Lynn Messer, Dickinson; Lauren Carew, Fargo Shanley; Karli Gilberston, Bismarck; Alex Feeney, Bismarck; Marlee Finley, Mandan; Kristen Anstadt, Fargo South; Vittoria Poole, Minot.

The Class B players are: Samantha Baldwin, Grafton; Paige Anderson, Watford City; Kristin Bearstail, Bismarck Shiloh Christian; Jada Meiklejohn, LaMoure; Abby Nasset, Bowman County; Kristen Killoran, Maple Valley; Christine Miller, New Town; Brittany Wirth, Starkweather-Munich; Tanna Trotter, Killdeer; Brittany Anderson, Bowman County; Valerie Scherr, Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock; Samantha Dravland, Grafton.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hawks » Fri May 02, 2008 11:01 am

3 Miss BB not on Class B team ? Gillett, schmidt, Bittner. Anyone know why?
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri May 02, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm sure they were invited to play, but probably turned it down for some reason.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby vballfan06 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:35 pm

my guess is Sammi Schmidt chose to play in the optimist all-star volleyball match. unfortunately, you can only play one or the other.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ICU » Fri May 02, 2008 12:57 pm

vballfan06 wrote:my guess is Sammi Schmidt chose to play in the optimist all-star volleyball match. unfortunately, you can only play one or the other.

Anyone know the rosters for the Optimist All-Star Volleyball teams?
ICU

Postby GOBLUEHAWKS » Fri May 02, 2008 11:40 pm

I am not sure who decides on the Lion's Team, but I just think it is plain ridiculous that a Region Senior Athlete, Miss Basketball Candidate, 1st team All-State player, future college player not make the Lions All Star team. I was very disappointed to not see Kylee Bittner from Hebron-Glen Ullin on the team. Isn't it supposed to be top players in the state competing? She had some of the best stats overall and is a great player and has a great attitude on the court...very respectable. It would have been fun to see her play and compete with some of the other best players. I am beyond disappointed and frankly, very disturbed. I believe she has too great of love for Basketball that she wouldn't accept if she was ACTUALLY invited. She's GOOD, very talented, so the state is missing out on watching some great basketball and talent being brought on the court. She deserved it, that is my opinion. Well, at least I will get to watch her next year at DSU. Go Bluehawks!!
GOBLUEHAWKS

Postby The Schwab » Sat May 03, 2008 1:33 am

GOBLUEHAWKS wrote:I am not sure who decides on the Lion's Team, but I just think it is plain ridiculous that a Region Senior Athlete, Miss Basketball Candidate, 1st team All-State player, future college player not make the Lions All Star team. I was very disappointed to not see Kylee Bittner from Hebron-Glen Ullin on the team. Isn't it supposed to be top players in the state competing? She had some of the best stats overall and is a great player and has a great attitude on the court...very respectable. It would have been fun to see her play and compete with some of the other best players. I am beyond disappointed and frankly, very disturbed. I believe she has too great of love for Basketball that she wouldn't accept if she was ACTUALLY invited. She's GOOD, very talented, so the state is missing out on watching some great basketball and talent being brought on the court. She deserved it, that is my opinion. Well, at least I will get to watch her next year at DSU. Go Bluehawks!!

would she by chance be playing in the volleyball all star game instead?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hawks » Sat May 03, 2008 6:15 am

I was told today that Bittner was only chosen as an alternate. The coach for region 7 ranked Nasset, Anderson, and Trotter ahead of her when the team was put together. She finished 5th in miss BB voting but 4th in her region for lions all-star, and was chosen senior of the year in her region by all the coaches, something does not figure here. Which Coach from each region chooses this team?
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wahoo » Sun May 04, 2008 12:57 am

What are the botno girls up to that they (and the coach) aren't attending?
wahoo

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Sun May 04, 2008 9:56 am

All Star teams are great and wonderful PR, but the politics or outright favortism that is a huge part of the selection leaves a sour taste in many people's mouths. Of course, many folks believe that it's just "my kid didn't get on it" sour grapes from parents. But like in the case of Bittner, the selection or non-selection is odd enough that you wonder what's up.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun May 04, 2008 2:52 pm

to me anyway, it is why i appreciate having coaches, media and an outside entity recognizing the athletes. to me, anyway, in a year like this one you can see that the different groups look for different qualities/attributes/whatever in players. doesn't make one more right or legit than another, just goes to show the difference.
rep

Postby triplebbb » Sun May 04, 2008 3:03 pm

I believe the Lion's rep from each region is the coach that took his/her team to state the year before. They then get the recommendations from the region coaches but have the final say in how the players from their region are ranked. Coach Harding from Bowman was probably the rep...he got 2 of his players on and not Bittner?!?
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun May 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Each coach from each District nominates the top 5 players, compiled from both districts, and places them in order from 1(most deserving) to 5(least deserving of the 5 players).
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hawks » Mon May 05, 2008 8:09 am

that is how it used to be done, no longer. It is now by one coach from each region and the defending champ is that regions representative. I am not sure who it was for region 7, whomever won the region in 2007.
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon May 05, 2008 9:52 am

This must have just been changed in 07-08, as that was the format used on 06-07.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls