All-state team?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All-state team?

Postby bball_fan71 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Who do you think will be on the all-state team?
bball_fan71
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All-state team?

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Abby Nasset - Bowman County
Christine Miller - New Town
Shaunna Knife - Bottineau
Kelsey Peltier - Bottineau
Kylee Bittner - Hebron/Glen Ullin
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:06 am

Kristin Killoran
Bobbie Gran
Sammi Baldwin
Sammi schmidt
Jenna Gillette

Just to add a few more
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:34 am

Abby Nasset
Kristin Bearstail
Shauna Knife
Kristen Killoran
Samantha Baldwin
Samantha Schmidt
Bobbi Grann
Kylee Bittner
Paige Anderson
Christine Miller
Jenna Gillette
Brittany Wirth

Sam Fettig?
Valerie Scherr?
Katie Ralston?
Courtney Thingstad?
Heather Carlson?
Kelsey Peltier?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 pm

when is the team announced?
project-pat

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Should be Tuesday night??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Here are my picks:

1st Team:
Christine Miller
Kristin Killoran
Sam Baldwin
Sam Schmidt
Shaunna Knife

2nd Team:
Jenna Gillette
Kylee Bittner
Kristin Bearstail
Abby Nasset
??Open

I don't know if they will go with 2 from the same team.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mplsfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Sad to see Bindas (Kindred) and Roemmich (Bottineau) not being a part of the list this year. They are both two time 2nd teamers I think. I know Roemmich is for sure and believe Bindas is as well. So much promise, then a knee injury.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:54 pm

I like your list.

scoobyx2 wrote:Here are my picks:

1st Team:
Christine Miller
Kristin Killoran
Sam Baldwin
Sam Schmidt
Shaunna Knife

2nd Team:
Jenna Gillette
Kylee Bittner
Kristin Bearstail
Abby Nasset
??Open

I don't know if they will go with 2 from the same team.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Brittany Anderson? Was that an auto pick for making it last year? I don't see how she's on there.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:30 pm

project-pat wrote:Brittany Anderson? Was that an auto pick for making it last year? I don't see how she's on there.

I bet it was well deserved.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 pm

ndfan wrote:
project-pat wrote:Brittany Anderson? Was that an auto pick for making it last year? I don't see how she's on there.

I bet it was well deserved.

:shock: ....wow...
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:36 pm

How does she not deserve it?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 pm

I don't think her stats were all-state worthy, and I'd get them for ya but the site I get stats from isn't working at the moment.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Well when you get them you put them up :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:42 pm

I think you have to consider Houdek...Would have gotten more recognition had they made it to state. Was she too overshadowed by Balwin??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Brittany Anderson season stats (including post season)

FG 102 for 273 (37.4%)

3PT 29 for 102 (28.4%)

Points 282

PPG 10.4

RPG 4.04

Assists 74

Turnovers 61

Blocks 8

Steals 46
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Baller wrote:I think you have to consider Houdek...Would have gotten more recognition had they made it to state. Was she too overshadowed by Balwin??

Maybe in a way, But if Grafton didn't have Baldwin this year I don't think they would have been as good as they were this season. So Katie may have had the all state kinda stats if Baldwin wasn't there, but they would of had a lot less chance of making it to state this year without Samantha.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 pm

project-pat wrote:Brittany Anderson season stats (including post season)

FG 102 for 273 (37.4%)

3PT 29 for 102 (28.4%)

Points 282

PPG 10.4

RPG 4.04

Assists 74

Turnovers 61

Blocks 8

Steals 46

hmmmmm I got nothing Project
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:07 pm

I guess I just don't see how 10 points and 4 rebounds a game is all state worthy...is that the types of numbers all of them are putting up?
project-pat

Postby wahoo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:11 pm

ndfan wrote:

FG 102 for 273 (37.4%)

3PT 29 for 102 (28.4%)

Points 282

PPG 10.4

RPG 4.04

Assists 74

Turnovers 61

Blocks 8

Steals 46

I think what you are saying is that when you play as a team your stats look like a team. A good defensive team doesn't have a lot of stats. Interesting Project, you are from Bowman, I would take 2 girls from there being named all state and run whether they derserve it or not.
wahoo

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:13 pm

project-pat wrote:I guess I just don't see how 10 points and 4 rebounds a game is all state worthy...is that the types of numbers all of them are putting up?

I'm guessing that she being all state last year basically gave her a free pass on being all state last year if your going by just stats. I'm sure there a ladys out there that had better stats then that.. But i guess thats the way it goes.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:25 pm

wahoo wrote:
ndfan wrote:

FG 102 for 273 (37.4%)

3PT 29 for 102 (28.4%)

Points 282

PPG 10.4

RPG 4.04

Assists 74

Turnovers 61

Blocks 8

Steals 46

I think what you are saying is that when you play as a team your stats look like a team. A good defensive team doesn't have a lot of stats. Interesting Project, you are from Bowman, I would take 2 girls from there being named all state and run whether they derserve it or not.

I could care less if we were related...I don't think she deserved it...all I'm saying
project-pat

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:04 am

From the Forum:

BISMARCK, N.D. – Christine Miller was a first-team all-state selection as a junior in the 2006-07 girls basketball season. But that recognition didn’t mean the New Town standout was leaving well enough alone.

“Up to this year, Christine was more of an inside player,” New Town High School girls basketball coach Orville Drosdal said. “Last year, she developed the ability to beat people off the dribble. This year, she worked on her perimeter shooting and led our team in 3-point shooting (with 43 percent accuracy).”

Miller’s all-around game was recognized when she won the North Dakota Miss Basketball award, given by the media to the outstanding senior in the state. Miller also has been named a repeat first-teamer on the Class B all-state team chosen by the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

Joining Miller on the all-state first team are guard Samantha Baldwin of Grafton, center Jenna Gillett of Dakota Prairie, guard Kylee Bittner of Hebron-Glen Ullin and guard Shaunna Knife of state champion Bottineau.

The 5-foot-10 Miller averaged 19 points and 7.5 rebounds in leading New Town to fifth place in the Class B state tournament.

Other members of the first team:

- Bittner was the top scorer among the Miss Basketball finalists. The 5-8 guard averaged 22 points, hitting 58 3-point shots. She also averaged 6.5 rebounds, six assists and three steals and had 1,053 points for her career.

- Baldwin transferred from nearby St. Thomas to Grafton for her senior season and led the Spoilers to a 22-2 record and a runner-up finish in the Region 2 tournament. The 5-6 guard averaged 16.7 points, seven assists, seven rebounds and four steals. She finished her career with 2,013 points.

- Gillett averaged 18 points and eight rebounds while blocking 42 shots. She led Dakota Prairie (21-4) to a third straight District 3 title and third place in the Region 2 tournament. The 6-foot center had 1,326 points and 702 rebounds in her career.

- Knife paced the Bottineau team (28-0) that won its third consecutive state title. She averaged 15 points, two blocks and two assists. The 5-10 junior guard, a transfer from Turtle Mountain High School, also was second on the team with 6.1 rebounds and 2.7 steals a game.

Members of the second team:

- Brittany Anderson, Bowman County: The senior, a repeat second-team selection, was a solid all-around contributor for the Bulldogs, who finished 25-2. She averaged 10 points and four rebounds a game and had 74 assists.

- Paige Anderson, Watford City: Anderson paced the Wolves (16-8) with a 17.7 scoring average. Anderson also led Watford City with 65 assists and 61 steals. She had 1,351 career points. She’s a repeat second-team selection.

- Kristin Bearstail, Shiloh Christian: The senior standout led Shiloh Christian to a sixth-place finish at the state tournament. Bearstail averaged 18 points, five rebounds, seven assists and four steals.

- Bobbi Grann, Minnewaukan-Leeds: Grann is the lone underclassman on the second team. The junior led Region 4 runner-up Minnewaukan-Leeds with averages of 19 points, five steals and five assists per game.

- Kristen Killoran, Maple Valley: The senior was one of the state’s top scorers, averaging 25 points a game. Killoran, a repeat second-team selection, also averaged eight rebounds, four steals and two assists.

- Abby Nasset, Bowman County: The senior was a standout for the state runner-up Bulldogs. Nasset paced Bowman County with averages of 14 points and seven rebounds per game. She piled up 89 assists and 77 steals.

- Samantha Schmit, Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah: A Miss Basketball finalist, Schmit averaged 15 points, 11 rebounds, four blocks and three steals per game. She finished her career with 1,532 points and 1,337 rebounds.

- Valerie Scherr, Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock: The senior was the leader on the H-M-B team that finished fourth at the Class B state tournament. Scherr averaged 12 points and five rebounds while pacing the team with a four-assist average.

- Courtney Thingstad, Velva: The senior had team-leading averages of 14 points and eight rebounds per game, and led the Aggies (20-5) with 83 steals.

- Brittany Wirth, Starkweather-Munich: The senior was a defensive and offensive force. She averaged seven blocked shots per game, as well as a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds per game and was a 56 percent shooter from the field.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tellmeaboutit » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:23 pm

project-pat wrote:
wahoo wrote:
ndfan wrote:

FG 102 for 273 (37.4%)

3PT 29 for 102 (28.4%)

Points 282

PPG 10.4

RPG 4.04

Assists 74

Turnovers 61

Blocks 8

Steals 46

I could care less if we were related...I don't think she deserved it...all I'm saying

How will Brittany react when she reads your post? I hope you're not hoping for a prom date or anything.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls