Who are the best players from all regions?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who are the best players from all regions?

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 pm

rock83 wrote:
bestinthewest wrote:hey what do you guys think about the girls from Region 5? Shiloh again? or will someone deny them a retrn trip? i know region 5 is is usually one of the weakest regions in the state besides 2 years ago when the NS girls dominated but what are your opinions?

Not sure what you are talking about with how weak Region 5 is year after year. But if you look up the record for regions, region 5 is usually has one of the top teams in the state. Garrison, Washburn and New Salem has always done very well in the state tournament. Washburn alone finished in the top 4 how many times?

New Salem went to state 3 years in a row and won 3 games in state total. Wouldn't consider that doing very well. Garrison was to state once about 12 years ago, and Washburn never made it to the big game since 93' or so? 4th place in state is only better than 8th place.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Standing Rock will win this region, like I said 6 weeks ago.
bigpoppakdog

Postby alexanderthegreat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Logyn Bloms from Berthold out of Region 6... only a sophomore but one of the strongest girls bball players you're going to find...
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Postby rock83 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:44 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:
rock83 wrote:
bestinthewest wrote:hey what do you guys think about the girls from Region 5? Shiloh again? or will someone deny them a retrn trip? i know region 5 is is usually one of the weakest regions in the state besides 2 years ago when the NS girls dominated but what are your opinions?

Not sure what you are talking about with how weak Region 5 is year after year. But if you look up the record for regions, region 5 is usually has one of the top teams in the state. Garrison, Washburn and New Salem has always done very well in the state tournament. Washburn alone finished in the top 4 how many times?

New Salem went to state 3 years in a row and won 3 games in state total. Wouldn't consider that doing very well. Garrison was to state once about 12 years ago, and Washburn never made it to the big game since 93' or so? 4th place in state is only better than 8th place.

You dont know what you are talking about. Up until the last 5 years region 5 was always top 4. Washburn was back to back runner up in the state two years in a row. 6 or 7 years ago. Lately the teams in the region have not done that well, although new salem was in the state championship game as well, werent they. When garrison was in it they were top 3. So your facts are coming from somewhere but they are not accurate.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:36 am

I think this topic is about who are the best players from all regions, so since it has gotten a little sidetracked,I will throw Lindsey Sand from Kidder County, best in the region and probably top 2 or 3 in the state! Anyone disagree?
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:51 pm

I will agree with Sand.

I haven't heard a lot about Church from FCT but she seems to be putting up some nice numbers.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportfan2007 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Region 1/District 1:
Kali Luick from FCT: She's big on the boards and is definitely a catalyst on the FCT team. She really gets things going for them.
sportfan2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:33 pm

the schindler girl from shiloh would be the top player healthy. Shauna Long and Ryan white bull(I believe that is her last name) from Standing Rock have been putting up impressive numbers lately. After that nobody else in the region has been putting up any numbers that are remotely impressive.
bigpoppakdog

Postby starter21 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 am

From region 1 i would have to say shelby kruegar and courtney titus , kenzie church , jenica bohenkamp
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stoaxc2004 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:53 am

starter21 wrote:From region 1 i would have to say shelby kruegar and courtney titus , kenzie church , jenica bohenkamp

Mariah Smith from Maple Valley
stoaxc2004

Postby ndsportsnut » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:17 am

bigpoppa, Christina Jacobson from Max is avg. 18pts and 9rpg. That's just about a double/double. She put up 32pts against Berthold, 24 against Tioga, and had a triple/double against Glenburn. (11pts 16rbs, 12 asst). She is argueably the best all around player in Dist. 10. I would say that's remotely impressive.
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:10 pm

sorry, haven't heard of her? Max. How are they doing? Sorry, just never heard of her.
bigpoppakdog

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 am

stoaxc2004 wrote:
starter21 wrote:From region 1 i would have to say shelby kruegar and courtney titus , kenzie church , jenica bohenkamp

Mariah Smith from Maple Valley

Agree. Maple Valley has moved her out of the paint from last year, and she is a seriously talented shooter. Smith and Shelby Kruegar have to be the top players to watch in District 2.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bob Holiday » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Lindsey Sand and Eli Benz have to be the best or among the best in Region 3
Bob
Bob Holiday
NDPreps Reserve

Postby amm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:44 pm

from region 6- katie king out of kenmare
only a soph and needs to figure out a way to finish but very good at getting offensive rebounds and wont give up untill that ball goes in the hoop
amm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Lindsey Sand is the best in region 3 if not one of the top playersin the state!
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:47 pm

i would agree and put eli benz a close 2nd.
bigpoppakdog

Postby LittleWillie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:24 am

Definately from Region 1 Courtney Titus and Kenzie Church. Courtney is one of the best defenders in the state and fun to watch. She can also shoot 3's and handle the ball. She is going to VCSU next year and will step right into the program. Kenzie is good all around. She can handle the ball ok, but is deadly from anywhere on the floor. Numbers don't always tell the whole story. Kenzie missed a game recently and it looked like FCT was lost out there. Yes they won, but it was to a far less team and the game shouldn't have been close. Kenzie will be ready for the tournament and will lead them deep into the regions.
LittleWillie
NDPreps Rookie

Postby oneshot » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:29 pm

a few from dist. 10(reg. 5):

Christina Jacobsen - Max
Jenna Bayless - TL-M
Samantha Schell - Washburn
Kayla Horst - Underwood
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby real_sports08 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 pm

LittleWillie wrote:Definately from Region 1 Courtney Titus and Kenzie Church. Courtney is one of the best defenders in the state and fun to watch. She can also shoot 3's and handle the ball. She is going to VCSU next year and will step right into the program. Kenzie is good all around. She can handle the ball ok, but is deadly from anywhere on the floor. Numbers don't always tell the whole story. Kenzie missed a game recently and it looked like FCT was lost out there. Yes they won, but it was to a far less team and the game shouldn't have been close. Kenzie will be ready for the tournament and will lead them deep into the regions.

First, Courtney Titus *Edited by Mod - it's easy to take shots at players when you are anonymous. Please keep your comments to objective comments about on court performance.* She'd be a lot better player if she'd keep her head in the game and not let the refs affect her so much. Second, yes Kenzie is a great player, but she's slacking horribly on defense. She lets girls drive right around her and shoot a lay-up. She's looking to be the big offensive player and big scorer when she really needs to be focusing on defense and playing team ball. I was at the game she missed and yes F-C-T was missing a valuable part of their team, but they certainly didn't look lost out their and they held their own just fine. It was a good experience for them! What would happen if Kenzie get's into foul trouble in the Regionals?? At least this way the girls know they'll be able to hold their own. Also, last year the Rebels had one of the lowest or THE lowest defensive average in the Region and one of the lowest in the state. Now, they've completely lost their focus on the defensive aspect of the game. They'll do just fine if they play hard on defense and play together, all around, as a team and have good balanced scoring like they did when they played Oakes in the district semi-finals. They need to follow their motto from last year!! EVERY PLAYER, EVERY PLAY!!!
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby redinstant » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:i would agree and put eli benz a close 2nd.

Sand is a definite All-state, Think benz is?
redinstant
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:the schindler girl from shiloh would be the top player healthy. Shauna Long and Ryan white bull(I believe that is her last name) from Standing Rock have been putting up impressive numbers lately. After that nobody else in the region has been putting up any numbers that are remotely impressive.

Sam Schell from Washburn has to be avg. around 20 a game.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls