Bottineau

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Bottineau

Postby SheWhoRawksDaCourt » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:19 am

Congradulations
Last edited by SheWhoRawksDaCourt on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SheWhoRawksDaCourt

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:11 pm

I believe when the Open Enrollment policy was established, it was to give parents/families the opportunity to choose a school that best met their expectations of a quality education regardless of their residence. I think a strong extra-curricular program is important in the overall quality of education whether its music, speech, or athletics. But with all of the federal laws imposed on the academic achievement of schools, it would be a nightmare to constantly have kids unexpectedly enter a school district and try to coordinate their academic needs. It could really cost the school if the new student is not up to par academically. At least the 180 days waiting period can make the parent think it through.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SheWhoRawksDaCourt » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Yes Congrats tew Bottineau there the bomb!!!!

There a very good team.... I really think KNife and Peltier are very good players and i think Kife is wut a Junior and she is really good and Peltier a wut a Sophmore and she already can play her heart out...
SheWhoRawksDaCourt

Postby Frogger_330 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:35 pm

bbb wrote:106-3 over the past 4 seasons

at what point can you call this team a "dynasty"
Frogger_330

Postby point/center » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 pm

about a year ago
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Unity77 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Deuce wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Does anyone know which school is the largest Class B school? I believe it's Central Cass.

According to the NDHSAA's directory list its Bottineau. Here's the top 10:
BOTTINEAU HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 281
GRAFTON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 275

I'm not sure as to where the NDHSAA gets its numbers, but Grafton's enrollment was 306 (9-12) at the beginning of the 07-08 school year.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 am

Although Bottineau will be very strong next year, I think there will be a switch back to eastern ND on the top teams in the state. I think the Region 1 teams with Hankinson, Central Cass, and Richland will be strong contenders, along with Grafton in Region 2. Richland especially finished strong with a very young team.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 am

scoobyx2 wrote:Although Bottineau will be very strong next year, I think there will be a switch back to eastern ND on the top teams in the state. I think the Region 1 teams with Hankinson, Central Cass, and Richland will be strong contenders, along with Grafton in Region 2. Richland especially finished strong with a very young team.

My guess is Bottineau will spend the better part of, if the not the whole season at #1. Eastern part of the state will have some pretty good teams. Region 4 will have NRS and Carrington who basically bring everybody back and were both in the top 10 this year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Biff » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:37 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Botno has an enrollment of 280. The cutoff for Class A is 325, and the school has to stay above that for 3 years. It's not like Botno is choosing to play at a lower class. They are class B, get over it. Same with Grafton, Rugby, Minot Ryan, Dickinson Trinity, and any other Class B school that is always mentioned about going Class A because of their success.

Why is Dickinson Trinity included in this post???

Again here are enrollments (From Deuce):
BEULAH HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 265
CENTRAL CASS HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 260
OAK GROVE LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (10-12) 188
HAZEN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 243
CARRINGTON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 226
LISBON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 223
RUGBY HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 216
NEW TOWN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 208

DT has like 160 students. Actually could play 9 man football if it wasn't for the co-op with New England.

DT is not even close to the cut off for Class A!!
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tellmeaboutit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Biff wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Botno has an enrollment of 280. The cutoff for Class A is 325, and the school has to stay above that for 3 years. It's not like Botno is choosing to play at a lower class. They are class B, get over it. Same with Grafton, Rugby, Minot Ryan, Dickinson Trinity, and any other Class B school that is always mentioned about going Class A because of their success.

Why is Dickinson Trinity included in this post???

Again here are enrollments (From Deuce):
HAZEN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 243
CARRINGTON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 226
LISBON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 223
RUGBY HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 216
NEW TOWN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 208

DT has like 160 students. Actually could play 9 man football if it wasn't for the co-op with New England.

DT is not even close to the cut off for Class A!!

I think DT was included because of their past success. They are not even close to the cut off.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Use2BfromND » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:19 pm

Hello. Congrats to Bottineau girls on their championships. It should actually be 4 in a row considering they were upset big time back in 2005. The only disappointing thing I want to express is the fact that there is absolutely nothing on the Bottineau school website about their girls or even much of anything about their sports programs in general. I don't think you can even find an email address to email someone at the school if I remember correctly. That's a shame. They should have the roster, schedule/results, pictures, etc., especially considering they are the biggest class B high school in the state! They should also have something about the girls on their city website. It's as if they don't exist or nothing ever happened! This is big news in a small community like this. I grew up in Bottineau county and basketball was "it"... I'm sure it still is. Winning one state championship is quite an accomplishment, let alone three!

Can't believe Bottineau now has a Walmart SuperCenter too as of March 5th! Lots happening in that little town these days and I would like to read about it online!
Use2BfromND

Postby Unity77 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Use2BfromND wrote:Hello. Congrats to Bottineau girls on their championships. It should actually be 4 in a row considering they were upset big time back in 2005. The only disappointing thing I want to express is the fact that there is absolutely nothing on the Bottineau school website about their girls or even much of anything about their sports programs in general. I don't think you can even find an email address to email someone at the school if I remember correctly. That's a shame. They should have the roster, schedule/results, pictures, etc., especially considering they are the biggest class B high school in the state! They should also have something about the girls on their city website. It's as if they don't exist or nothing ever happened! This is big news in a small community like this. I grew up in Bottineau county and basketball was "it"... I'm sure it still is. Winning one state championship is quite an accomplishment, let alone three!

Can't believe Bottineau now has a Walmart SuperCenter too as of March 5th! Lots happening in that little town these days and I would like to read about it online!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Bottineau isn't the biggest class B school.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:33 am

Unity77 wrote:
Use2BfromND wrote:Hello. Congrats to Bottineau girls on their championships. It should actually be 4 in a row considering they were upset big time back in 2005. The only disappointing thing I want to express is the fact that there is absolutely nothing on the Bottineau school website about their girls or even much of anything about their sports programs in general. I don't think you can even find an email address to email someone at the school if I remember correctly. That's a shame. They should have the roster, schedule/results, pictures, etc., especially considering they are the biggest class B high school in the state! They should also have something about the girls on their city website. It's as if they don't exist or nothing ever happened! This is big news in a small community like this. I grew up in Bottineau county and basketball was "it"... I'm sure it still is. Winning one state championship is quite an accomplishment, let alone three!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Bottineau isn't the biggest class B school.

According to the ndhssa member directory it is but I have no idea what year this is. http://www.ndhsaa.com/directory_list.asp

Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Makotifarmguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:08 am

Can't believe Bottineau now has a Walmart SuperCenter too as of March 5th! Lots happening in that little town these days

Nothing like running your mom and pop businesses out of the community. Just ask Crookston.

Walmart might be great for large towns, but for towns like Bottineau it creates a situation where the local hardware store, grocery store, etc. have to shut their doors. Sad to see businesses that have been supporting the local community and schools get shut down.

A Walmart does not mean the city/town is advancing.

Congrats to the girl's Bottineau team. They have been so much fun to watch over the last couple of years and they truely deserve the recognition.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Use2BfromND » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:31 am

I agree with MakotiFarmGuy that getting a Walmart in your town doesn't necessarily mean your town is advancing, however, I think it could be a positive in Bottineau's case. Most everyone from that area drives to Minot (80-100 miles each way) for their grocery shopping and other "big" shopping. Now maybe they'll shop in Bottineau at least some of the time which may actually benefit other merchants with more people in town, including the small Mom and Pop operations. There is a big population up that way. The Turtle Mountain reservation has over 8,000 people and is in nearby Rolette County with a total population of over 12,000. Bottineau County has 7,000 people and Pierce County has over 4,000....and don't forget the Canadian trade with their dollar now stronger than ever. (Bottineau is just 13 miles from the border) This could really be a plus for the community of Bottineau. I also heard that Walmart had said they would build in Rugby if it didn't work out in Bottineau. Which means a lot of folks from that area probably would have bypassed Bottineau and went to Rugby instead. I guess it remains to be seen how Walmart will affect Bottineau. It will be interesting. But my original point in my previous email was that I sure hope the school and town give the recognition to their girls basketball team that they deserve. They should have it plastered all over their school and city websites!
Use2BfromND

Postby Unity77 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:54 am

Deuce wrote:According to the ndhssa member directory it is but I have no idea what year this is. http://www.ndhsaa.com/directory_list.asp

The listed enrollment number for Grafton is wrong. I don't know if someone with NDHSSA messed up or if someone representing Grafton screwed up, but it's suspicious. As a matter of fact the number listed for Grafton looks more in line with their middle school enrollment (6-8).

These are Grafton's official start of the year 07-08 numbers:
Century Elementary (K-5): 338
Central Middle School (6-8): 261
Grafton High School: (9-12): 306
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tellmeaboutit » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Makotifarmguy wrote:
Can't believe Bottineau now has a Walmart SuperCenter too as of March 5th! Lots happening in that little town these days

Nothing like running your mom and pop businesses out of the community. Just ask Crookston.

Walmart might be great for large towns, but for towns like Bottineau it creates a situation where the local hardware store, grocery store, etc. have to shut their doors. Sad to see businesses that have been supporting the local community and schools get shut down.

A Walmart does not mean the city/town is advancing.

Congrats to the girl's Bottineau team. They have been so much fun to watch over the last couple of years and they truely deserve the recognition.

Wal-Mart isn't that great for bigger towns either. The SUPER Wal Mart came to Dickinson about 3 years ago. Since that time at least one grocery store and one hardware store have closed.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Makotifarmguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Unity77 wrote:
The listed enrollment number for Grafton is wrong. I don't know if someone with NDHSSA messed up or if someone representing Grafton screwed up, but it's suspicious.

You won't get an accurate number on Grafton high school numbers. The immigrants coming and going for seasonal work make that school go up and down faster than most change their underwear.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Local grocery store, hardware store, clothing store, etc. don't have the combined employees a Wal-Mart has. So, even IF those stores close, it will be a net gain in terms of jobs for Bottineau, probably better paying too! With Benefits! Most stores that close b/c of a Wal-mart coming to a town close up shop before Wal-mart even opens up, they just don't think they can compete before even trying. I hope they don't close, I will still shop at some of them for sure! My feeling is the only store closing in Bottineau is the good for nothing Pamida across the street.

This is a great girls basketball topic!
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 pm

This is about Bottineau's success in girls basketball not about Walmart. We should move it away from that topic.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ball23 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:26 pm

4 in a row?
ball23

Postby mplsfan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 pm

It's not out of the question. They return 4 starters from a state championship team and a pretty good 5th coming off of last years bench. The starting 5 will be very strong (Knife, Aide, Peltier, Caroline and I'm assuming Kierney Olson) but I wonder what their bench strength will be. That has always been a Bottineau hallmark. So much depth and the ability to wear teams down. Not sure how strong the bench will be this year. They will be ranked high early and will certainly be looked at for a potential 4peat.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballFather » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:22 pm

I guess we'll have to wait until the Hoopster comes out to find out who transfers where, but it just not only Bottineau that transfers. Check out Newtown and Parshall.
BasketballFather
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BasketballFather » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:34 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:IF those players haven't left already, it's too late. The new rule is you have to sit out for one year. Anybody else want to comment on this?

Sometimes they don't even have to move and still get to transfer to another school, but nobody wants to complain to the ND Association.
BasketballFather
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:03 pm

I HOPE THEY FOUR-PEAT!!!!! THEY HAVE THE TOOLS!!!!! THEY HAVE THE TALENT!!!!! THEY HAVE THE COACH!!!! THEY JUST HAVE A GREAT, GREAT PROGRAM. I WOULD SEND MY DAUGHTER THERE IF IT WAS CLOSE TO HOME. ANYONE WHO HATES ON THEM FOR THE TRANSFERS THEY GET AND THINK THEY RECRUIT IS JUST JEALOUS.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls