Bottineau

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bottineau

Postby Johhnyping » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 am

Congrats to Bottineau on their 3 Peat Great Accomplishment!!

Just want to throw this out for discussion,,,What if Knife had transferred to Minot Ryan or Dickinson Trinity??? How much of a stink would have been raised???????
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Re: Bottineau

Postby hp fan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:17 am

Johhnyping wrote:Congrats to Bottineau on their 3 Peat Great Accomplishment!!

Just want to throw this out for discussion,,,What if Knife had transferred to Minot Ryan or Dickinson Trinity??? How much of a stink would have been raised???????

Why did you even go there???????? You just woke up every private hater that will read this!!!!!!

I send out a challenge to not respond to transfers...... Instead lets talk about thier chances of a 4-peat

great Job Bottineu. Your hard work and dedication has paid off!!
hp fan

Postby Johhnyping » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:21 am

This board would have been filled with accusations from all the private haters,,,,,,,Nothing was said about her transfer to Bottineau........... It was strangely quiet.
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:29 am

Johhnyping wrote:This board would have been filled with accusations from all the private haters,,,,,,,Nothing was said about her transfer to Bottineau........... It was strangely quiet.

cause they were predicted to go as far without her... because no one knew the injury was going to keep reomich out most of the year... so everyone thought oh they would've been good with or without her but the truth is now looking back... if she wouldn't have went and the stars had to play without knife and reomich... they wouldn't have been there, but she went, they won again, they made history and deserve everything they earned... so like hp said... why even go there?
kobe4mvp

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:25 am

Johhnyping wrote:This board would have been filled with accusations from all the private haters,,,,,,,Nothing was said about her transfer to Bottineau........... It was strangely quiet.

that was a pretty big discussion earlier in the season.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 am

yea it was actually but it came out the transfer was for personal more than sports if I remember correctly I really don't feel like going through pages of posts to pin point it.

Regardless wow is she good though is there any other good soon to be sr.'s other than her in class B or could we crown her Ms. Basketball already. Very fun watching her play the few times i was able to
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndtaterman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:35 am

Was up at state on Thursday and heard from two very reliable sources that Bottineau is getiing two more transfers from two schools. Apparently the top player from each school. Don't remember the schools names though. Everybody wants to be on a state team..What do you do about it??
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:04 am

IF those players haven't left already, it's too late. The new rule is you have to sit out for one year. Anybody else want to comment on this?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:02 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:IF those players haven't left already, it's too late. The new rule is you have to sit out for one year. Anybody else want to comment on this?

Unless a parent moves into the district....then they don't have to sit out at all.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:18 am

Imagine what would happen if Mandan and Bottineau merged ! :P
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sports for life » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:49 pm

can you imagine how much better they would have been if roemmich was 100% man they would have been much better..........anyway i think botno has a very good chance at winning it all again next year......they only lose one starter and have a lot of underclassmen that can step up and do the job
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:54 pm

what is there record over the last 3 years??? i konw 2 of the 3 for sure they were undefeated but not sure on the record last year...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm

106-3 over the past 4 seasons
bbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:16 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:IF those players haven't left already, it's too late. The new rule is you have to sit out for one year. Anybody else want to comment on this?

Unless a parent moves into the district....then they don't have to sit out at all.

I believe the new rule applies to transferring within schools located in large cities...if you transfer its 180 days..so if you transfer from bismarck high to shiloh you have to sit out 180 days....don't believe the rule applies to moving from town to another town....
bigpoppakdog

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am

Its not just for schools within larger cities. I think that's what brought about the change, tho. If someone were to open enroll into a school, but their parents still live in another district they would sit out 180 days. If the parents moved into the district, they don't have to sit out at all.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HometownHigh » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:02 am

Isn't Bottineau (or Grafton for that matter) just a Valley City that remains Class B? Maybe...
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbb » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:40 am

Well, do you want to include Rugby and Minot Ryan too then?
bbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Botno has an enrollment of 280. The cutoff for Class A is 325, and the school has to stay above that for 3 years. It's not like Botno is choosing to play at a lower class. They are class B, get over it. Same with Grafton, Rugby, Minot Ryan, Dickinson Trinity, and any other Class B school that is always mentioned about going Class A because of their success.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:06 pm

HometownHigh wrote:Isn't Bottineau (or Grafton for that matter) just a Valley City that remains Class B? Maybe...

I don't care what enrollment, class or level of players for that matter. winning like Bottineau and Mandan is unbelievable.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:21 pm

Does anyone know which school is the largest Class B school? I believe it's Central Cass.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:24 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:Does anyone know which school is the largest Class B school? I believe it's Central Cass.

According to the NDHSAA's directory list its Bottineau. Here's the top 10:
BOTTINEAU HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 281
GRAFTON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 275
BEULAH HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 265
CENTRAL CASS HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 260
OAK GROVE LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (10-12) 188
HAZEN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 243
CARRINGTON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 226
LISBON HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 223
RUGBY HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 216
NEW TOWN HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (9-12) 208
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:32 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Its not just for schools within larger cities. I think that's what brought about the change, tho. If someone were to open enroll into a school, but their parents still live in another district they would sit out 180 days. If the parents moved into the district, they don't have to sit out at all.

Does this still apply if you open enroll by the deadline which I thought was early spring/late winter? I can see making a kid wait if they open enroll over the summer or in the fall of a year but if they get it in by the deadline in the previous spring, I can't see the logic behind it.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Actually, I think they state that is has to be 180 school days so basically if you transferred to a new school right after the bball season was done (March 15) you wouldn't be able to play until basically the next March 15th because that would be about 180 school days. If you transferred before your junior bball season, you would miss that season but be able to play for your senior season.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:02 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Actually, I think they state that is has to be 180 school days so basically if you transferred to a new school right after the bball season was done (March 15) you wouldn't be able to play until basically the next March 15th because that would be about 180 school days. If you transferred before your junior bball season, you would miss that season but be able to play for your senior season.

Yeah I just found the constituiton and read it and thats what is basically says. It seems to me that these rules a re very harsh in the transfer department. I know they want to stop people from transferring for athletics but to me, if you can open enroll at a school you should get to play, not matter what your intent on the transfer was.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:00 am

Stromer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Actually, I think they state that is has to be 180 school days so basically if you transferred to a new school right after the bball season was done (March 15) you wouldn't be able to play until basically the next March 15th because that would be about 180 school days. If you transferred before your junior bball season, you would miss that season but be able to play for your senior season.

Yeah I just found the constituiton and read it and thats what is basically says. It seems to me that these rules a re very harsh in the transfer department. I know they want to stop people from transferring for athletics but to me, if you can open enroll at a school you should get to play, not matter what your intent on the transfer was.

too many are doing it for athletic reasons.......if they transfer for academic, its not affected......only varsity eligibility......don't blame the NDHSAA because people want a shortcut to athletic success
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls