STATE

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: STATE

Postby bbjay » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Knife has taken over.....amazing pass on a drive! Bottineau looks like a different team out there the second half.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:01 pm

bbjay wrote:Knife has taken over.....amazing pass on a drive! Bottineau looks like a different team out there the second half.

because it is a different team....everyone had 2 fouls in the first half
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rains32 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Anyone have a run down of scores today?
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:25 pm

bottineau has way too many weapons for all 7 of these teams in state.... when you have 4 with 2 fouls each in the first half and your bench can go in and hardly give up anything.... that's how you know you're a great team.... 3 in a row for the stars i'm predicting.... and this one will mean the most for foresburg and the players who have been a part of this team for not only this year but the last two as well
kobe4mvp

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 pm

i wish i wouldve gotten to see roemich at 100%. shes talked about a ton during the games and she was on the team as an 8th grader. if she had good knees she was probably something special. the last 3 years theyve been there i dont remember her being healthy

and Anderson just did something to her ankle and limping quite a bit and if she cant go tommorow i might have to take away the small chance Bowman wouldve had to get past Bottineau, provided they get by Hankinson...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:52 pm

Anybody else see Project-Pat on TV tonight - Hey Pat - where was the plug for ND preps?
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 am

BB11 wrote:Anybody else see Project-Pat on TV tonight - Hey Pat - where was the plug for ND preps?

I saw Project PAT!!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDbballfan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:29 am

i'm hoping tomorrow's championship game is a good one. I think the two best teams in state made it to the championship game, but I'm gonna be pulling for bowman. I haven't seen them play until the state tournament, but I really like the way they play and I think they have what it takes to beat bott. So best of luck to the bowman county bulldogs...you have my support from region 4!
NDbballfan

Postby gfhockey » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:36 am

go bowman!
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ranger » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:26 am

Anderson from Bowman has a bad sprained ankle. The team will need to rally and win without her. :wink:
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby captain_caveman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:54 pm

One thing I have noticed about the differences between the Botno and Bowman teams is that all these girls seem physically bigger and stronger than the other teams. Height wise maybe the same size overall, but it seems that the two teams in the championship game must put some time in the weight room. Hankinson girls are great players but they just don't have the "weight" as the other teams do. Does anyone know how much importance these teams have in the weight room? I am assuming alot.
captain_caveman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Didn't see the games, but have been taking them in on KSJB. Good Job guys.

Sounds like HMB really did themselves in with turnovers. They had quite a few on Semi final night and Kindof sounded like that sealed thier fate tonight. Any insight as to if it was good defense, sloppy play, or was it not as bad as it sounded on radio.
hp fan

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:01 pm

Who won the Shiloh game this afternoon?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:17 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Who won the Shiloh game this afternoon?

new town by 10 or 11...something like that. miller finished 3 assists shy of a triple double
rep

Postby rep » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:21 pm

hp fan wrote:Didn't see the games, but have been taking them in on KSJB. Good Job guys.

Sounds like HMB really did themselves in with turnovers. They had quite a few on Semi final night and Kindof sounded like that sealed thier fate tonight. Any insight as to if it was good defense, sloppy play, or was it not as bad as it sounded on radio.

honestly, i don't know. against hankinson, let me first just say that the pirates have tremendous defense on the perimeter...that can't be overlooked. they communicate well and are pretty tenacious. it might be a depth issue...i think hmb used the shortest rotation in the tournament and so that might have factored into it some. having just one senior, that probably factored into it some, too. they are young and inconsistant play is a hallmark of young players/teams.
rep

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:01 pm

rep wrote:
hp fan wrote:Didn't see the games, but have been taking them in on KSJB. Good Job guys.

honestly, i don't know. against hankinson, let me first just say that the pirates have tremendous defense on the perimeter...that can't be overlooked. they communicate well and are pretty tenacious. it might be a depth issue...i think hmb used the shortest rotation in the tournament and so that might have factored into it some. having just one senior, that probably factored into it some, too. they are young and inconsistant play is a hallmark of young players/teams.

Very true, I just couldn't see the games so perspective from someone who saw them is always appreciated
hp fan

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:01 am

Congratulations to Bottineau on the 3-peat!!! They showed why they're the best, they're very deep (8 players scoring) and Knife deserved tourney MVP. Abby Aide is very fun to watch, I always like "the little engine that could" players. Bowman did their best, I was hoping they could pull it out, Anderson's injury hurt them obviously, but I don't think her being healthy would've been enough. With Roemmich being able to contribute like she did, I think that gave Bottineau even more strength.

Hankinson has a very good chance to be back next year-actually I expect them to be back next year. They are fun to watch and with a little more offensive punch they would be scary. I said New Town was slow earlier, but I have to give them credit, winning 2 games at state is no easy task. Congrats to Miller as the Senior Athlete of the Year. I thought FLPR would have represented Region 2 a little better, they played very good ball the last 2 games at Regions and it just didn't follow through to state. They have a good chance to get back next year also.

Looking forward to next year already, can't wait!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:11 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:Congratulations to Bottineau on the 3-peat!!! They showed why they're the best, they're very deep (8 players scoring) and Knife deserved tourney MVP. Abby Aide is very fun to watch, I always like "the little engine that could" players. Bowman did their best, I was hoping they could pull it out, Anderson's injury hurt them obviously, but I don't think her being healthy would've been enough. With Roemmich being able to contribute like she did, I think that gave Bottineau even more strength.

Hankinson has a very good chance to be back next year-actually I expect them to be back next year. They are fun to watch and with a little more offensive punch they would be scary. I said New Town was slow earlier, but I have to give them credit, winning 2 games at state is no easy task. Congrats to Miller as the Senior Athlete of the Year. I thought FLPR would have represented Region 2 a little better, they played very good ball the last 2 games at Regions and it just didn't follow through to state. They have a good chance to get back next year also.

Looking forward to next year already, can't wait!

Congrats to Bottineau as well - I'm predicting the 4 peat - still have Knife, Peltier, Aide, Caroline, and others back next year.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:12 am

The 4 peat is a good chance. They return great girls and who will match up with them? I think Hankinson will put a push towards the title. They played well this weekend and have a lot of underclassmen returning. Bottineau vs Hankinson for the title next year?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby kobe4mvp » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:25 am

2009 class B girls basketball championship....
Bottineau vs. H-M-B
kobe4mvp

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:07 pm

I cannot believe how overlooked HMB has been. They had only 1 senior(although in girls that can be a little misleading compared to boys.) I cannot remember if Linton was young or not...steele's run is likely over...but with as much fire power as HMB had this year they have to considered a favor...as well as bott. no doubt....guess I don't know much about the east teams so I cannot compare to them...just think they are a top team for next year.
bigpoppakdog

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Baller wrote:
BB11 wrote:Anybody else see Project-Pat on TV tonight - Hey Pat - where was the plug for ND preps?

I saw Project PAT!!!

oh dear...haha
project-pat

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:09 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I cannot believe how overlooked HMB has been. They had only 1 senior(although in girls that can be a little misleading compared to boys.) I cannot remember if Linton was young or not...steele's run is likely over...but with as much fire power as HMB had this year they have to considered a favor...as well as bott. no doubt....guess I don't know much about the east teams so I cannot compare to them...just think they are a top team for next year.

But, you have to remember HMB only played 6 girls basically the whole tournament. Losing that one senior could hurt them more. Will they have a bench at all next year?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:32 pm

its hard to say steele's run is over. they return Sand and Benz and will have solid support from Ziech and Martin. they wont be as good as years past but will still be in the mix come tourney time.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:34 pm

beach will be the region 7's "bowman county" for the next couple years....
project-pat

PreviousNext

Return to Girls