STATE

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: STATE

Postby SDHoops » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Any updates on the Shiloh-Bottno game?
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 pm

bottineau wins 73-55 shaunna knife with 22 points 7 rebs 7 assists kelsey peltier with 3 three's in the 3rd but not sure how many points she had in the game
kobe4mvp

Postby HometownHigh » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Bottineau by like 17 (50 something to 70 something?) i don't remember the Knife girl playing for Botno, did she move from somewhere? I just can't place her. Fun to watch, for sure
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm

transferred last year from tmchs in belcourt
kobe4mvp

Postby adriana » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Bottineau wasn't as fun to watch as i thought they'd be. I thought i'd be a little more impressed i guess.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Bottineau and their coach looked extremely confident this afternoon. Shiloh gave them a great run in the first half, but simply ran out of steam. Bearstail was never really able to hit a stride especially after she got her 3rd foul. I think a team with a little more depth will give Bottineau a tough time. HMB played great until the fear of losing kicked in.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vicarious » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Bowman Co 54
New Town 46 final
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:56 pm

I've seen enough....pretty clear to me....FPLR is a turnover machine....Hankinson will not beat bowman....HMB will not beat bott but will beat hankinson......lakota is the better of the remaining 4 teams...New Town was tougher than expected so I moved them up to 6....

1. Bowman/Bott..??? not sure yet
2.???
3. HMB
4. hank
5. lakota
6. New Town
7. Shiloh
8. FPLR
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 pm

How did the Bowman County/New Town game go? I missed it...anybody give me a run down?
project-pat

Postby hp fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 pm

project-pat wrote:How did the Bowman County/New Town game go? I missed it...anybody give me a run down?

Hey pat, I thought you would be up there cheering them on. I only got to listen on the radio. SOunded pretty good, very even scoring, Nasset/anderson 15, Tivis double figures, Palczewski 6.

Defense sounded pretty typical of BoCo. Very Solid

Thats about all i could tell from radio. Not a very complete rundown
hp fan

Postby Ginsbach » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:10 pm

project-pat wrote:How did the Bowman County/New Town game go? I missed it...anybody give me a run down?

HMB and Bottineau both looked impressive. Hankinson's defense, as always, was really fun to watch.

Bowman seemed like they just outran New Town, but neither of those two teams impressed me much.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm headin up tomorrow morning...I'm riding up with a few basketball players on the boys team, and they have practice tomorrow, so we are just going up after that...and I had to work tonight...
project-pat

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Bowman Co. had a very balanced attacked against New Town, but New Town's Miller seem to hold back until it was too late. Also, I can't tell if Hankinson has great defense, or if FLPR simply committed the turnovers on their own.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby adriana » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:27 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:Bowman Co. had a very balanced attacked against New Town, but New Town's Miller seem to hold back until it was too late. Also, I can't tell if Hankinson has great defense, or if FLPR simply committed the turnovers on their own.

I'm thinkin it's a little bit of both...they had nearly 40 turnovers. Hankinson's defense got them through a very good region 1..but FLPR definitely didnt take care of the ball well tonight

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:32 pm

project-pat wrote:I'm headin up tomorrow morning...I'm riding up with a few basketball players on the boys team, and they have practice tomorrow, so we are just going up after that...and I had to work tonight...

Well have fun and cheer them on!!! From the sounds of the 2nd game, Bowman County has a great shot to be in the title game!!!
hp fan

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:38 am

I agree bigpoppakdog. 36 turnovers might have been their worst turnover night of the year, with the exception of a regular season game against grafton(which matched their season low for points). Look at the rebounding advantage FLPR had!!! THat is how they got through the Regional tourney- outrebounding everyone. They nearly pulled it off with McMillan's determination in the 4th qtr. Hankinson took a while to get going, but they impressed me w/their defense. I don't think HMB will beat Hankinson for 3rd however. I think it will be similar, close in the first half, but the Pirate D will be the difference in the 2nd half. The 'ship will be Bowman vs. Bottineau. I think we might see a classic of a basketball game on Saturday if the teams play to their potential. Knife was impressive most of the game. Cool & confident, their defensive pressure is overpowering, without knife their offense would struggle i believe. I'm going to pick Bowman. Knife will try to win it for them by shooting too many 3pt shots in the 2nd half. The only way Bottineau wins is if they stay away from relying on the 3pt shot and pound it inside, getting to the free throw line. Bowman wants this one more. They'll have to hit more than 50% on free throws to do it, though.

Lakota will battle for 7th place with Newtown (they looked very slow, what did others think?)

FLPR will take Shiloh Christian for 5th

If Hankinson happens to get past Bowman, Bottineau prevails.

bigpoppakdog wrote:I've seen enough....pretty clear to me....FPLR is a turnover machine....Hankinson will not beat bowman....HMB will not beat bott but will beat hankinson......lakota is the better of the remaining 4 teams...New Town was tougher than expected so I moved them up to 6....

1. Bowman/Bott..??? not sure yet
2.???
3. HMB
4. hank
5. lakota
6. New Town
7. Shiloh
8. FPLR
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:34 am

"Lakota will battle for 7th place with Newtown (they looked very slow, what did others think?)"

Yes, New Town looked painfully slow. They were hard to watch. There's no jogging in basketball! A fast break is supposed to be fast! :wink:

Good Luck to Hankinson. Make Region 1 proud. Prove to everyone that we had a tough region with several great teams that would have competed well in Minot. You made it through Region 1 and the first round at state -- now make it through to the state finals!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:21 am

I thought Lakota looked the best out of the rest.....battled back against a team that is overlooked by most(not me). I don't think HMB can beat bott....but next to bowman I think they have the best shot...out of the rest, Miller is such a force I think she alone will keep new town from the sat. 1:30 game....knowing shiloh...I think they are done and will still be in the 1:30 game come sat....probably vs FPLR....what a turnover machine.....
bigpoppakdog

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 am

Good luck to Hankinson. It is tough to come out of Region 1. Although Region 1 may lack that "one powerhouse team", the teams in that region basically have to face a state ranked team or an all-state player every other week during the season and throughout the tournaments. Their defense were able to contain two possible all-staters (Killoran and Schmidt) in the Regional tournaments. Go Region 1!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tellmeaboutit » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:50 am

Bowman will prevail against Hankinson. They are just too smart, and too well coached not to win. I don't think we will see another night of 50% FT shooting from them either. Nassett will be the difference maker as well.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:09 pm

What's the word today? Can't find the games anywhere - update if you would, thnx
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDbballfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:24 pm

shiloh beats lakota 51-45
NDbballfan

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:48 pm

NDbballfan wrote:shiloh beats lakota 51-45

even though lakota wasn't that good to start w/ I think shiloh will win the consolation championship they played tough against bottineau but shaunna knife is just to much more most teams to handle
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:08 pm

SHOOTOUT!!!!!!
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby adriana » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 pm

How'd the game between FLPR and New Town go?

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls