Region 2 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 Tournament

Postby rep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:FLPR 72
Dakota Prairie 57

Anyone got the story on this game?

flpr outscored dakota prairie 72-57 in the game's first 32 minutes. after that...it was all over.
rep

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 pm

I thought Jenny Heggen played really well down low for FLPR they just came out and got it done, they are going into the Championship game playing well. As for Grafton they beat Midway Minto by 8 but this game was pretty close for most of the game. Grafton didn't look good at all, if it weren't for Baldwin tonight I think Grafton easily could of lost.

Championship game is gonna be a heck of a game, Grafton better bring its A game or theres a good chance they could lose. I still see Grafton winning, hopefully after tonight's game they wake up and play the way they are capable.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby justbrowsing » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:43 am

HometownHigh wrote:Grafton will have no problem with MM. It will not be close. Hillsboro played early season ball, not tournament ball. Good for MM - made them look like the average team they are. Average will not likely take down Grafton. As far as the Betty - its an awesome spot - the fans aren't there because our schools continue to overlap sporting events that make a fan choose one sport or the other. When will they figure it out?

Figure what out? You want schools to not overlap any of their events? Let's take a look at that. You're saying that in order to increase the fan base at the girls regional, there should be no boys games on those days. So the boys teams should play their last game on Feb. 16, then take a week off from competition and start their district tourney on Feb 22? Then we'd have to listen to how sloppy all the boys teams were during first round action. Let's go even farther and include the schools that have wrestling. State wrestling was Thurs-Sat, so in order to increase our fan base there, no schools should schedule a boys game during that time either. So now a boys team is supposed to play their last game on Feb 12 and still be competitive during their first round game on Feb 22. And girls district tourneys were held Feb 8,9,11,12 so boys shouldn't play then. And wrestling regionals were on Feb 2 and Feb 9 so no boys games then. So boys should only be allowed to play in February on the 1st, 4th, 5th and 7th. Brilliant.

How about for the whole season? Schools should take their 19 boys games, 19 girls games, and on average 10 wrestling duals plus 4-5 tourneys and never play on the same night? That of course includes no Wednesday nights, lots of time off for families over Thanksgiving and Christmas, and sticking to the activity associations rules regarding number of contests per week. If you can get that all drawn up on a calendar for next year, I'm sure every school in the state would be very gracious to have a copy. Toss in separate nights for all the junior high games while you're at it - the schools would appreciate that too.
justbrowsing

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:36 am

justbrowsing wrote:
HometownHigh wrote:Grafton will have no problem with MM. It will not be close. Hillsboro played early season ball, not tournament ball. Good for MM - made them look like the average team they are. Average will not likely take down Grafton. As far as the Betty - its an awesome spot - the fans aren't there because our schools continue to overlap sporting events that make a fan choose one sport or the other. When will they figure it out?

Figure what out? You want schools to not overlap any of their events? Let's take a look at that. You're saying that in order to increase the fan base at the girls regional, there should be no boys games on those days. So the boys teams should play their last game on Feb. 16, then take a week off from competition and start their district tourney on Feb 22? Then we'd have to listen to how sloppy all the boys teams were during first round action. Let's go even farther and include the schools that have wrestling. State wrestling was Thurs-Sat, so in order to increase our fan base there, no schools should schedule a boys game during that time either. So now a boys team is supposed to play their last game on Feb 12 and still be competitive during their first round game on Feb 22. And girls district tourneys were held Feb 8,9,11,12 so boys shouldn't play then. And wrestling regionals were on Feb 2 and Feb 9 so no boys games then. So boys should only be allowed to play in February on the 1st, 4th, 5th and 7th. Brilliant.

How about for the whole season? Schools should take their 19 boys games, 19 girls games, and on average 10 wrestling duals plus 4-5 tourneys and never play on the same night? That of course includes no Wednesday nights, lots of time off for families over Thanksgiving and Christmas, and sticking to the activity associations rules regarding number of contests per week. If you can get that all drawn up on a calendar for next year, I'm sure every school in the state would be very gracious to have a copy. Toss in separate nights for all the junior high games while you're at it - the schools would appreciate that too.

I'm pretty sure the boys regular season did officially end on February 16th. Most teams wrapped up their seasons by the 14th/15th. I think you are getting a little worked up over that post. "justbrowsing" was just pointing out that sometimes it's tough for the fans to support your team/kids when there are multiple games on the same nights. There isn't much you can do about it just maybe don't schedule boys/girls games on the same night if they are playing in different locations.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 am

Thats tough to do. When a parent has a boy and a girl playing they could be gone 4 or 5 days week to travel for games.
toughregion2

Postby HometownHigh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:26 pm

scc wrote:wow... District 3 needs to emphasize offense a bit more. Defense is great, but you have to have the offense to go with it.

17games - Grafton, from 65-91pts, District 4
6 games - Hillsboro from 61-70 pts, District 3
5 games - Dakota Prairie 62-74 pts, District 3
3 games – FLPR 61-75pts District 4 (incomplete on NDHSAA)
1 game - NB 71 pts, District 4
1 game – MM 63pts, District 4
1 game – Thompson, 60pts, District 3
1 game – Larimore 60 pts, District 3
I don't see a big difference (comparing "scores" which are offense) between District 3 and District 4, with the exception of Grafton, this years run em up powerhouse.. who will represent Region 2. Each district has at least two teams with single games over 60 points...
I think its more what's already been stated, play your "A" game during tourney time. THose who didn't have gone home.
What came first, the chicken or the egg? Play defense.
It appears your comment is weak, and does not deserve a "wow"? IMO
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:17 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Thats tough to do. When a parent has a boy and a girl playing they could be gone 4 or 5 days week to travel for games.

Yeah I know that's a big factor and theres really no way to make people happy about it. I just don't think it makes sense to schedule games on the same night when the boys and girls play in different locations. Why not schedule games to have both teams play on the same night as much as you can? The way it is now the parents of boys and girls that have games have to decide who watches who what night and they are both driving on the same night 2 or 3 times a week.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballgirls » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Not sure what happened to Grafton during this tournament. They just didn't play the way they were all season. Not sure if it was nerves or not. I don't think Sammy gave up after 2000, she wanted to go to state more than making the 2000 mark. The Spoilers had a great season, but FLPR gave them a run for their money. Hats off to the Spoilers on their Terrific year and to the coaching staff for all their hard work.
bballgirls

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:21 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and pick F-L-PR to come out of Region 2. Nobody else will agree with me on this pick, but I usually root for the underdog. As poorly as the Flyers shot and as many turnovers as they had they only lost by 15 to a very good Grafton team, so I'm predicting an upset. F-L-PR missed something like 19 free throws in the game against Grafton, and Grafton was 23 for 27 from the line (not 100% accurate). Not to mention F-L-PR missed many layups in the game and Grafton shot very well in the first half and got out to a big lead that the Flyers couldnt overcome.

I gotta give ya props where props are due you picked them to win nice job. :) I gotta give FLPR all the credit they came to play when it counted. Congrats to Kirby Erickson what an excellent coaching job he's done and I hope he and his team represent Region 2 well. I don't know what happened to Grafton this week they just didn't play there best basketball, I don't know if it was nerves or what but they had a great season just couldn't get it done when i counted. Best of luck to those Seniors in the future. Again Congrats to FLPR and best of luck.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd_sports_fan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:24 pm

vizio wrote:After Sammy Baldwin got her 2000 it looked like she didn't care anymore...I picked the underdog to win!Park River diserves it they played way harder...Grafton didn't look like the team that I saw at the beggining of the season..

You can't even begin to say that she didn't care. I thought she played her heart out and left it all on the floor!!
nd_sports_fan

Postby NDsportwatcher » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:35 pm

Congratulations to the FLPR!!!! now that they have pulled off a big upset, lets see how they can do in the state tournament. Go Flyers!!!!

Does anyone know the score to the DP-MM game????
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vizio » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:35 pm

She didn't play as good as she did when she first started...And Grafton did come out cocky all season and thinking there going to state..Im glad that Park River steped up to them and beat them..Whats next is Grafton going to try and make Regionals in Grafton like the boy's regionals??
vizio

Postby vballfan06 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:11 am

Viz: quite a statement....!?!? Jealous of Grafton, much? Give 'em a break. They went the whole season as the team to beat in that region--that's something that's not easy to do by any means.

Here's my issue with fans/people in general. Why do we always hate the team to beat? Most of my experiences comes as a kid living in Region 8 (everyone hated Watford City...why? cuz they were always the team to beat). I now live in Region 1 and it's the same here--in volleyball everyone hated Lisbon...in basketball this year, it was Kindred (even though they struggled).
It'd be nice to finally see the casual fan admire teams like this instead of finding absolutely anything to cut them down. Admire the fact that they have talent, have put in the hours, and have the attitude that's conducive to winning.
Sammy Baldwin is a heck of a ball player. Don't rip on her because she's had success.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 am

Jenna Gillett, Dakota Prairie, was Region 2 senior play of the year

Steve Forde, Dakota Prairie, was coach of the year
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 am

Thanky you vballfan06! If a moderator is reading this, I ask that you remove anyone that makes comments so far from the truth. That is not what this site is about.

Last night two teams competed very hard, every player did their best from start to finish, FLPR was the
better team last night and persevered. They outplayed Grafton last night and that's all there is to it. If they play like they did the last 4-5 games, they will represent Region 2 extremely well. Good luck to them!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 am

vballfan06 wrote:Viz: quite a statement....!?!? Jealous of Grafton, much? Give 'em a break. They went the whole season as the team to beat in that region--that's something that's not easy to do by any means.

Here's my issue with fans/people in general. Why do we always hate the team to beat? Most of my experiences comes as a kid living in Region 8 (everyone hated Watford City...why? cuz they were always the team to beat). I now live in Region 1 and it's the same here--in volleyball everyone hated Lisbon...in basketball this year, it was Kindred (even though they struggled).
It'd be nice to finally see the casual fan admire teams like this instead of finding absolutely anything to cut them down. Admire the fact that they have talent, have put in the hours, and have the attitude that's conducive to winning.
Sammy Baldwin is a heck of a ball player. Don't rip on her because she's had success.

They dont hate the team to beat they hate the circumstances of why they were the team to beat. CONGRATS TO F/L-P/R COCKY DONT GET YOU TO STATE beleiving does and thats what F/L-P/R DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT WIN FOR THAT PROGRAM.......Better luck next year grafton.
toughregion2

Postby GLOMMER » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:01 am

I wonder if Vizo saw her play last night. When the fans held up the 2000 signs. She stayed focused on the game. Their was no jumping up and down, from the players, her or the coaches. Her focus was to win that game. She cried when lost, if she had given up after that 2000th point. She certainly wouldnt have cried.
If Vizo was at the game, and saw that it wasnt the game I watched. She played her heart out. Unselfish as always.
GLOMMER

Postby 4givethem » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 pm

vizio wrote:She didn't play as good as she did when she first started...And Grafton did come out cocky all season and thinking there going to state..Im glad that Park River steped up to them and beat them..Whats next is Grafton going to try and make Regionals in Grafton like the boy's regionals??

C'mon vizio, obvious

Grafton hater. Their were two teams on the floor doing their best to get to state, that's all. Grafton is "cocky" in your opinion, but call it what you want because they still were the best in the district and region, and yes, they did lose, but that's why they play the game as they say. Oh my god, there has never been an upset of the best team before, in any sport! We could argue all night about questionable calls, coaching down the stretch, and why we think either team lost or won for that matter, but the Spoilers shot themselves in the foot. If their coach could have gotten them to play "cocky" like you say they were they probably would have won. The ONLY thing that counts though, no matter what your opinion is, is that FLPR played great when it counts, so let's congratulate the FLPR Flyers and wish them well at state, they deserve to be there!
***Grafton did not pay anyone to vote for them to host the regional, and PR did not pay to switch the girls district - originally scheduled for Grafton, everyone voted. Of course the new Grafton administration would change their vote from when they were elsewhere, as you would in the same situation, so don't make such stupid comments. And last, I want to pay $7.00 admission and $6.25 for a 16oz. COKE and nachos, just so my kid can play on the UND floor, go Betty!
4givethem

Postby vizio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:04 am

I am not a grafton hater..its just funny how she transfered to Grafton because the girl's basketball team was suppose to be so good...At the begining of the season I honestly thought they were the team to make it to state...But when they got to regionals the first day they looked okay but the next 2 they werent the team that I saw at the begining of the season..And cockyness doesn't win games! I know that for a fact! And I also think the boy's regionals should be in the betty!
vizio

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:57 am

I guess we are not going to see the new uniforms Grafton ordered for state until next year.
toughregion2

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:26 am

HAHA its just funny, nobody rips on them for being cocky all year but BAM they lose and ya got people who feel obligated to rip on them only then. I wish people would just support there teams and not have to make stupid comments about other teams. If you wanted to say they were over confident, heck i could give ya that but who wouldn't be when they are winning by 30 and 40 points a night? I'd have to say out coached, which I say Congrats to Kirby Erickson class act in my book. To say Baldwin quit was the stupidest thing I have ever heard, if thats all she really cared about she would have just stayed in St Thomas where she could have scored 30 pts a game and had gone over that mark half way through the season.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 am

time to give ms. baldwin a rest guys

topic locked*
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Girls