Region 2 Tournament

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2 Tournament

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:40 pm

Region 2 Tournament

1.Dakota Prairie vs.4. North Border

2. FLPR vs. 3. Thompson

1. Grafton vs. 4. Larimore

2. Hillsboro vs. 3.Midway Minto

My prediction

Dakota prairie over North Border

FLPR over Thompson

Grafton over Larimore

Midway Minto over Hillsboro

Semi's

DP over FLPR

Grafton over MM

Championship

Grafton over DP
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region 2 Tournament

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:54 pm

I'll second all your picks but one - Hillsboro over MM in the first round. Hillsboro is playing much more consistent now - witness the close game with DP tonight. Game was close until 2 minutes to go when Hillsboro started to foul and DP made free throws. Hillsboro actually had a 7 point lead at the half.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Hinsa wrote:I'll second all your picks but one - Hillsboro over MM in the first round. Hillsboro is playing much more consistent now - witness the close game with DP tonight. Game was close until 2 minutes to go when Hillsboro started to foul and DP made free throws. Hillsboro actually had a 7 point lead at the half.

Yeah that MM-Hillsboro game to me could go either way, I think it will be a close game and just gonna go with MM with the upset. Hillsboro could easily win it to but thats my upset pick of the tournament i guess.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 pm

OK, I'll give you your upset pick. I'll stick with the Burros.

I can't wait to see Grafton in person and see just how good they really are.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 am

scc wrote:DP
Thompson
Grafton
Hillsboro

we shall see...

I'd be shocked if Thompson beat FLPR, but that must be your upset pick :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:14 am

From what I heard, FLPR put up a heck of a fight, the score says 15, but it sounded like it easily could have been closer. 3-point buckets were the difference as FLPR held the big girls down for the most part.
Should be a very fun atmosphere at the Betty, can't wait!

I'll just agree with others that DP & Grafton will meet in the 'SHIP, with Grafton getting to the line at the end to pull out an 8-10pt win.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 pm

I saw at the end of the FLPR-Grafton game that a trainer was checking on a FLPR girls knee I don't know which player it was but she already had a knee brace on. I remember seeing she came down on it awkwardly so I was just wondering if anybody knew who it was and if she'll be fine for the regional tournament? If healthy I could see this team making some noise next week.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:12 pm

someone correct me if I'm wrong...

FLPR knocked out Dakota Prairie last year- yes or no (I'm pretty sure on this one)

FLPR knocked out Dakota Prairie the year before? (not so sure about this one)

If things pan out, they could be the ones to take them out again. I would say there is pressure
on two teams, obviously Grafton- for being the #2 team in the state polls

and probably more so on DP, who has had a tough time the last two years.

Comments?

More on the upcoming games,

Midway-Minto plays Hillsboro, now I would personally put Hillsboro as the favorite, although they've lost two games that make me wonder how consistent they are- (one game to Hatton-Northwood early in the year and one to Thompson not that long ago. the loss to thompson they avenged easily, and some would say Hatton-Northwood is a good team, although I disagree. That loss to H-N was early in the year and I tend to not put so much weight on games early in the year, because things usually change. They gave DP a better run the 2nd time around but still seem to be a few notches under them.
Throw in M-Minto's experience and slow-it-down approach and I think they have a chance to knock off Hillsboro in the first round. It will be interesting. What does everyone think?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Luke_J32 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Last time Dakota Prairie played Grafton ( which I think will be the championship) DP had a 6 point lead at half and came out really flat in the 3rd making no FG and only 2 points If they would have had a normal 3rd Dakota Prairie would have beaten them.... just something to keep in mind. This time the younger players that DP play will be better and I think they will win.
Luke_J32

Postby Hinsa » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:someone correct me if I'm wrong...

FLPR knocked out Dakota Prairie last year- yes or no (I'm pretty sure on this one)

FLPR knocked out Dakota Prairie the year before? (not so sure about this one)

If things pan out, they could be the ones to take them out again. I would say there is pressure
on two teams, obviously Grafton- for being the #2 team in the state polls

and probably more so on DP, who has had a tough time the last two years.

Comments?

More on the upcoming games,

Midway-Minto plays Hillsboro, now I would personally put Hillsboro as the favorite, although they've lost two games that make me wonder how consistent they are- (one game to Hatton-Northwood early in the year and one to Thompson not that long ago. the loss to thompson they avenged easily, and some would say Hatton-Northwood is a good team, although I disagree. That loss to H-N was early in the year and I tend to not put so much weight on games early in the year, because things usually change. They gave DP a better run the 2nd time around but still seem to be a few notches under them.
Throw in M-Minto's experience and slow-it-down approach and I think they have a chance to knock off Hillsboro in the first round. It will be interesting. What does everyone think?

Hillsboro has a stretch every game when they go flat. It will be up to MM to see how well they can take advantage of that flat stretch and how long they can make it last.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Luke_J32 wrote:Last time Dakota Prairie played Grafton ( which I think will be the championship) DP had a 6 point lead at half and came out really flat in the 3rd making no FG and only 2 points If they would have had a normal 3rd Dakota Prairie would have beaten them.... just something to keep in mind. This time the younger players that DP play will be better and I think they will win.

Grafton didn't have there best first half of basketball that game just like DP didn't have a good third period. If Grafton comes out and plays 4 qtrs of basketball it will be the same result as the last time they met in my opinion. I also think DP won't have an easy match up with FLPR in the Semi's.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 pm

ndfan wrote:
Luke_J32 wrote:Last time Dakota Prairie played Grafton ( which I think will be the championship) DP had a 6 point lead at half and came out really flat in the 3rd making no FG and only 2 points If they would have had a normal 3rd Dakota Prairie would have beaten them.... just something to keep in mind. This time the younger players that DP play will be better and I think they will win.

Grafton didn't have there best first half of basketball that game just like DP didn't have a good third period. If Grafton comes out and plays 4 qtrs of basketball it will be the same result as the last time they met in my opinion. I also think DP won't have an easy match up with FLPR in the Semi's.

The last time they played Houdek was in foul trouble in the second quarter. In the third quarter with Houdek back in the game, Grafton took over the game. I have players on both teams that I like but Grafton creates real match-up problems for DP. Gillett simply cannot offset the strength of Houdek and Dravland in the front court. If one of those players gets in foul trouble again, DP may have a chance - if not - I think it will be a long night for DP.
pbhoopsters

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 pm

DP
FLPR
Grafton
Hillsboro
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball06 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick F-L-PR to come out of Region 2. Nobody else will agree with me on this pick, but I usually root for the underdog. As poorly as the Flyers shot and as many turnovers as they had they only lost by 15 to a very good Grafton team, so I'm predicting an upset. F-L-PR missed something like 19 free throws in the game against Grafton, and Grafton was 23 for 27 from the line (not 100% accurate). Not to mention F-L-PR missed many layups in the game and Grafton shot very well in the first half and got out to a big lead that the Flyers couldnt overcome.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby GLOMMER » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 am

M-M has the ability, and one of the best coachs I have ever seen. If the girls follow his direction, they will be in the ball game.

F-L-PR will be outcoached, those girls play with out structure,or disciplne. It will be the same sceniro as last year for them.

Grafton, is awesome.
DP, Hillsboro are tournament teams.
Should be a great tourney. I think the title game is up for grabs. Depends on who wants it the most.
GLOMMER

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Should be a couple good games tomorrow night I think FLPR and MM could give the #1 seeds all they can handle tomorrow. Should be a great night of basketball, I just hope that the fans will come out in better numbers tomorrow. The Betty is a great facility but it stinks for class B atmosphere in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballgirls » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 am

Grafton is going to have to step up their defense and rebounding to stay on top of the Mustangs!!
GO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
bballgirls

Postby HometownHigh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Grafton will have no problem with MM. It will not be close. Hillsboro played early season ball, not tournament ball. Good for MM - made them look like the average team they are. Average will not likely take down Grafton. As far as the Betty - its an awesome spot - the fans aren't there because our schools continue to overlap sporting events that make a fan choose one sport or the other. When will they figure it out?
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:06 pm

I'll take Grafton by 20+.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby GLOMMER » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Any discussion on the DP vs. FLPR?
GLOMMER

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:13 pm

FLPR in a close one, and as I said earlier, Grafton by 20.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby GLOMMER » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Oh for sure Grafton to win tonight. So your thoughts on the Championship game?
GLOMMER

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:15 pm

If the score stays close im gonna go with FLPR, if it gets outta hand i see DP winning.. Grafton will win by 13.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:32 pm

FLPR 72
Dakota Prairie 57
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 pm

cubsfan wrote:FLPR 72
Dakota Prairie 57

Anyone got the story on this game?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls