Region 4 Tournament Pairings

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4 Tournament Pairings

Postby dakota » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:55 pm

What are the pairings and times for Region 4 Tournament. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks
dakota
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 4 Tournament Pairings

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am

District 8 championship round is tonight. District 7 semifinal round starts tonight. Games were postponed on Sat.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Region 4 Tourney

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on this tournament? Because of upsets in Dist 7, the regular season #1 and #2 seeds of each district will meet in the quarterfinals - ML vs Carrington and Langdon vs NRS. One would think these would be the 4 teams playing on semifinal night, but two will be going home after the first day. Carrington handed ML one of its two losses on the season.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:36 pm

I think ML is playing good ball, so is Langdon. They could definetely meet again in the title game. But, with a week off, who knows what could happen. Lakota seems to be playing pretty well also.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 am

Langdon(Dist. 8 # 2) vs New Rockford-Sheyenne(Dist. 7 #3)

Rolette-Wolford(Dist. 8 #4) vs Lakota(Dist. 7 #1)

Minn-Leeds(Dist. 8 #1)vs Carrington(Dist. 7 #4)

Rolla-RL(Dist. 8 #3) vs Harvey(Dist. 7 #2)
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:29 am

I'm going to take NRS in a close one, Lakota, ML, and Harvey in the first round games. Langdon and Carrington ended up with bad draws in the first round and the Dist 7 teams are playing well right now. I think ML will beat Harvey in the semis, but don't know who to take with Lakota and NRS. I think it will be a great championship game, but ML will pull it out in the end and make a return trip to state.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:17 pm

i like the harvey vs ml game, earlier in the year ml beat them by 6 or somethin like that...could possibly be the game that is the team that goes to state
baseball1981

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:54 pm

Actually, I think ML beat Harvey by 12 or 14 in the regular season. However, Harvey and Lakota are probably playing the best ball right now and are getting hot at the right time. If teams look past them in the semis they could end up playing for 3rd/4th instead of the big prize.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Just looked up the Harvey/ML score and it was a 9 pt victory....right in the middle of both of our guesses.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:09 pm

I like ML. They are playing good. Like I have said, if ML shoots 40% or better they will win. ML shot 40% or better at the sportscenter during the ramsey and won that. They have a lot of experience on that floor and a wide open court to get out and run, I'll take ML for the title. They do have a tough time getting there though. Carrington first round and then possibly RRL who shoots the ball really well, and tough when they do. Still take ML. 2 straight.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDbballfan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:29 am

I also like Minn-Leeds...I think they are playing good right now...but i think 6 out of the 8 teams in region 4 have a good chance at making state. Lakota..NRS..Carrington..Harvey..and Langdon are all playing good. Region 4 is going to be tough but ill take either ML or Langdon coming out of the region.
NDbballfan

Postby Stromer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:14 pm

I will take NR to win this region. I have been on the ML bandwagon all year but I am having my doubts about their recent play. Harvey didn't look good when I saw them play early in the season. Langdon is shooting the ball very well but I think if they have a cold night they will be in trouble. Lakota would be my dark horse.

My picks:
NR, Lakota, ML, Harvey, then NR and ML with NR taking the title.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Stromer wrote:I will take NR to win this region. I have been on the ML bandwagon all year but I am having my doubts about their recent play. Harvey didn't look good when I saw them play early in the season. Langdon is shooting the ball very well but I think if they have a cold night they will be in trouble. Lakota would be my dark horse.

My picks:
i think harvey improved a lot over the season from what i heard, i only saw a few games, but new rockford and ML are very good and i think this region is up for grabs to be honest
baseball1981

Postby Stromer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:12 pm

Langdon 57
NRS 48

I guess Langdon had a big 2nd Q. Both teams have 28+ turnovers. Way to break my bracket on the 1st game.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Stromer wrote:I will take NR to win this region. I have been on the ML bandwagon all year but I am having my doubts about their recent play. Harvey didn't look good when I saw them play early in the season. Langdon is shooting the ball very well but I think if they have a cold night they will be in trouble. Lakota would be my dark horse.

My picks:

What bandwagon are you going to be on now after ML hit Carrington for 10+?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:28 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:

My picks:

Maybe back on the ML wagon, if they take me back. Even when I jumped off, I still had them in the finals. I really thought NR would put together a string and then they lose on the first day. I hope ML does take it because I like the style they play but I will be happy with Lakota too. Anybody but Langdon.
Last edited by Stromer on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Langdon 57
NR 48

Lakota 47
RW 36

ML 39
Carrington 26

Harvey 60
Rolla 28
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:12 am

Stromer wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

My picks:

Maybe back on the ML wagon, if they take me back. Even when I jumped off, I still had them in the fianls. I really thought NR would put together a string and then they lose on the first day. I hope ML does take it because I like the style they play but I will be happy with Lakota too. Anybody but Langdon.

I know, I just had to get at you after NRS lost. :lol:
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:05 am

I think Lakota will upend Langdon tonight and ML will take care of Harvey. Lakota is playing really well right now and I think they'll get by Langdon in a close one. Harvey is also playing very well, but I don't think they have the speed or the guard play to keep up with ML. Grann has a big game tonight because of all the steals she'll have on the Harvey guards.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:46 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I think Lakota will upend Langdon tonight and ML will take care of Harvey. Lakota is playing really well right now and I think they'll get by Langdon in a close one. Harvey is also playing very well, but I don't think they have the speed or the guard play to keep up with ML. Grann has a big game tonight because of all the steals she'll have on the Harvey guards.
ill take harvey and lakota, harvey coming off a 60 point game and a 32 point win...come on bro, momentum
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:44 pm

harvey 31
ml 32

with minutes left in the 4th
baseball1981

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:43 pm

ML got the win. It wasnt very pretty but at this point of the year its all about the W. Good push by Harvey in the second half. ML just didnt want to shoot the ball, played hot potatoe and had trouble against the press. Too much dribbling not enough passing. Lakota could cause major problems with their full court press if ML doesnt come ready to play. A day of practice should help ML.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Lakota 55
Langdon 43

ML 37
Harvey 34

I will take ML but I am happy with either team advancing. Thank you Lakota for your win tonight.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:50 pm

Lakota leads ML by about 8 with 2 min to go.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Lakota wins 65-53.....congrats to the Raiders and coach Wiberg. They put it together at the right time and made a great postseason run. Good luck to them at state.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls