carrington

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

carrington

Postby brockstar41 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Just wondering what people think about Carrington.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Re: carrington

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 pm

what do you think about carrington?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:27 pm

I had some pretty reliable sources at the ML-Carrington game. Heard that ML played terrible, maybe because it was a 2 o clock game, who knows. I am not a believer of refs blowing games, but I have heard from numerous sources that ML met up with some refs who had to ref a game in Minot by 6pm. I wasnt there, so cant give first person view but like i said pretty reliable sources. Oh well, good fuel for ML's fire going into tourney play.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:38 am

There is always an exuse for a lost game just face it they lost
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:19 am

I said I wasnt there, I have heard from numerous sources that it was a badly called game. So I in fact didnt make an excuse. ML scored 31 pnts, averaging 55+ if not more, thats just a guess. Something wasnt right, whether it was in fact how badly ML played, or else how the officiating was.....you make the call. Like i said I wasnt there, just going on what I have heard.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby goodsport » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Someone who blames the refs for Minn/Leeds losing this game IS NOT a reliable source. I was at the game scouting both teams as they are in our region. It was obvious from the get go that Carrington came to play ball. Their defense not only shut down Grann, but it shut down the entire team.

To blame the refs in this game, or in any game is just uncalled for---definitely a sign of poor sportsmanship. The refs that day are very well respected refs. Its ridiculous to insinuate they lost the game for Minn/Leeds.

Did your "reliable source" mention the "T" that Grann got for using unexcusable language and throwing an elbow. Carrington captilized on this foul by scoring both freethrows. Final Score---33-31. You do the math.

Final thoughts...find a new source before posting excuses for Minn/Leeds.
goodsport

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:18 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:I had some pretty reliable sources at the ML-Carrington game. Heard that ML played terrible, maybe because it was a 2 o clock game, who knows. I am not a believer of refs blowing games, but I have heard from numerous sources that ML met up with some refs who had to ref a game in Minot by 6pm. I wasnt there, so cant give first person view but like i said pretty reliable sources. Oh well, good fuel for ML's fire going into tourney play.

Don't worry man it was a close game, they can beat Carrington lets just hope it happens when it counts :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:00 pm

goodsport wrote:Final thoughts...find a new source before posting excuses for Minn/Leeds.

My sources about the reffing was by people from both Carr. and M/L. I said I wasn't there, I never saw the game, just going on what I had heard, and it was all the same story. I didn't post an excuse, I never made judgement. I would guess that it was more about M/L not being ready to play. Oh well, like I said, more fuel for M/L's fire going into tourneys.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby goodsport » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:28 pm

No doubt, come tournament time-EVERYONE will be ready to play! Region 4 looks to be a good one with lots of talented players. Good luck to all.
goodsport

Postby captain_caveman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:26 pm

I was at that game and was a neutral person watching these two teams. I know that some ML people blamed the refs and said the refs were trying to get rid of their best players. That is an automatic response for a lot of teams when things don't go their way, which I agree is poor and lacks class. I know the one ref has done state tournaments for years and to think that high school refs blow games is just ludicris. These are 2 good teams and at this time of the year it should not be reffed like a JH game. Without a doubt ML is a quality team, but I was not impressed with some of their players skills. An athletic but extremely one- handed point guard and post players that shoot flat footed was not impressive. How an state experienced top rated team can not be ready to play another highly rated team shows lack of preparation. ML literally walked out of the locker room at half. I hope to get to watch ML play again and hopefully I will see a better showing. I have seen Carrington play a few games this year think they have potential to go far if things click for them.
captain_caveman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball_fan71 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 am

Sweet revenge for ML when it counted.
bball_fan71
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls