All District Players

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All District Players

Postby dakota » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 pm

What players will make the all district team at the upcoming district tournaments?
dakota
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All District Players

Postby ndcommentor » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 am

dakota wrote:What players will make the all district team at the upcoming district tournaments?

well i am not sure about anyother districts but i think for District 8 itll be the following:

Ashley Korn
Kacie Beattie
Haley Breyer
Brittany Wirth
Bobbi Grann
Heather Carlson
Sarah Pederson
Adrianne Thomas
Kathryn Kram
Kay Krahn
Krystyn Nelson
Jordan Callahan
Christine Knudson
ndcommentor

Postby sportsmart » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 am

These teams are just a popularity contest and a joke most of the time. They should just eliminate the teams.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 am

All-District team should have a 1st-team & 2nd-team, like state. Or just limit it to 5 players. Each region could have a full roster of all-region. Most teams don't deserve 2 or 3 players. Or don't do it at all, it just creates jealousy and arguments, especially among parents!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Vicarious » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:43 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:All-District team should have a 1st-team & 2nd-team, like state. Or just limit it to 5 players. Each region could have a full roster of all-region. Most teams don't deserve 2 or 3 players. Or don't do it at all, it just creates jealousy and arguments, especially among parents!

As a sports parent, I would have to say that if the fact that your kid didn't make an all-district team is making you jealous and argumentative; you need to step back and look at your priorities.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Vicarious wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:All-District team should have a 1st-team & 2nd-team, like state. Or just limit it to 5 players. Each region could have a full roster of all-region. Most teams don't deserve 2 or 3 players. Or don't do it at all, it just creates jealousy and arguments, especially among parents!

As a sports parent, I would have to say that if the fact that your kid didn't make an all-district team is making you jealous and argumentative; you need to step back and look at your priorities.

well said
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:13 am

I'm not saying it's the norm, i'm just saying it happens.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wahoo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:13 pm

I agree that the all district team has become a joke. Is there a rule that says each school in the district has to have a member on it? Many of the kids that are awarded this honor wouldn't even make it off the bench on the one or two (or even the three of four)team in the region. Either have a smaller number of kids that earn this or as has been posted earlier, have a first and second team.
wahoo

Postby ndcommentor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:03 pm

wahoo wrote:I agree that the all district team has become a joke. Is there a rule that says each school in the district has to have a member on it? Many of the kids that are awarded this honor wouldn't even make it off the bench on the one or two (or even the three of four)team in the region. Either have a smaller number of kids that earn this or as has been posted earlier, have a first and second team.

I agree that some people who are on it won't make it on other teams in the district.. at least one person form each team will make it just to represent their team.. unfortunately some of those people form smaller towns/teams wouldnt compare to kids on a team that should have 3 or 4 people on the all district team... this year in volleyball i looked at all of the all districts team stats, and i can say that they only put some people on there to represent their teams.... while 1 team already had 3 people on the all district team they deserved more cuz people on their team had 3 times as many kill, 4 times they amount of digs, and so on(aces, blocks) more than that one kid that was from that small town/team on the all district team ... i wish they gave it to people who down right deserve it rather than giving it to people who dont..
ndcommentor

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Not every team gets a player on all district. The coaches vote on all the players nominated (can't vote for your own player) and the top 10-15 vote getters (whatever they set the cutoff at) get on the team. There's not a set amount for finishing 1st, 2nd, etc. either like making all region in fball. I know this because I was a coach of a last place team for a few years and I never had an all district player, even tho I thought one deserved it.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby wahoo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:28 pm

I do believe that even the last place team may have a deserving person and should be on the team. However I have a hard time believing that since you can't vote for your own team that the other coaches will have a hard time voting for 5 or more very good players all from the same team. Do you even see more than three from one team? I think that the coaches have a bit of jealously and have this instinct to protect their own kind (meaning average players).
wahoo

Postby wahoo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:31 pm

I think it is called "good sportsmanship". You don't really qualify but it will look good on a scholarship someday.
wahoo

Return to Girls