District 3

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 3

Postby HometownHigh » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 am

It's almost tournament time - and looks like everyone has their work cut out for them. Who wants it more? More ties with a draw from a hat, like last year? Tough district!

DP wins remaining games GCC (3-5), Thompson (5-5) then Knights are 14-0

Larimore (6-6) versus Hillsboro (8-4) Two point game
Larimore win 8-6, Burros 8-6
Hillsboro win Burros 10-4, Larimore 6-8

HN (5-5) versus CV (3-8) and GCC (3-5) both two point games, if Hatton wins HN 9-5

Thompson (5-5) versus GCC (3-5) and DP (11-0) Both two point games, Thompson wins 9-5

CV (3-8) versus HN and MPCG, if CV win both games 6-8

I think this is accurate, but if I'm off - don't beat me up, okay? Enjoy the games
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Re: District 3

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 pm

Can any of these teams stay within 10 points for 4 quarters with grafton? Only team I think so far thats stayed within 10 is Bottineau and they beat them. They beat DP by 15, they beat Thompson, HN, and MPCG all by atleast 30 if not more i think. I see a DP vs Grafton for region championship.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HometownHigh » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:05 pm

I doubt any of them can - but of course that's the big picture of things :D
Not sure "regional championship" has ever (this year or prior years) been a goal for most of these teams.
My point is, there will be cat fights through districts, and possibly a regional appearance or two that wasn't expected earlier in the season. That's as good a season as any from a small town against the likes of Grafton or Bottineau!
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 pm

ndfan wrote:Can any of these teams stay within 10 points for 4 quarters with grafton? Only team I think so far thats stayed within 10 is Bottineau and they beat them. They beat DP by 15, they beat Thompson, HN, and MPCG all by atleast 30 if not more i think. I see a DP vs Grafton for region championship.

Yes they did beat DP by 15. That was due to the big 3rd quarter where Grafton out scored DP like 20 to 2. At half time DP was actually up by 7. DP out scored them the first half, and tied with them the 4th quarter. If it wasnt for the 3rd quarter, the game was pretty even. Graftons got a lot experience and Baldwin. DP's pretty young accept for Gillett and Lamb.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:49 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
ndfan wrote:Can any of these teams stay within 10 points for 4 quarters with grafton? Only team I think so far thats stayed within 10 is Bottineau and they beat them. They beat DP by 15, they beat Thompson, HN, and MPCG all by atleast 30 if not more i think. I see a DP vs Grafton for region championship.

Yes they did beat DP by 15. That was due to the big 3rd quarter where Grafton out scored DP like 20 to 2. At half time DP was actually up by 7. DP out scored them the first half, and tied with them the 4th quarter. If it wasnt for the 3rd quarter, the game was pretty even. Graftons got a lot experience and Baldwin. DP's pretty young accept for Gillett and Lamb.

During the first quarter with DP Grafton played awful. Just about any team could have played with them that quarter. In the second quarter, Houdek sat on the bench with foul trouble. When they came out in the third quarter and started playing ball with Houdek back in the line up the game was all Grafton. I don't think Grafton played the 4th quarter the way they would have had the game been on the line.

Houdek is the most athletic post player in ND HS girls basketball - Class B or A. I believe Baldwin is probably the smartest point guard in ND HS girls basketball - Class B or A. Dravland provides them with another strong front court player who will get you alot of rebounds. Adamsen and Thompson are also good contributors.

Are they beatable - certainly. However, if they play their A game I do not think anyone will beat them in Region 2.
pbhoopsters

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm

I really don't want to comment on who will make it out of district 3. There is a lot of parity. I think DP will make regionals along with 3 other teams that are playing there best basketball.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby playa10 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:24 am

Thompson just beat GCC by 20 last night and are moving up in the rankings after winning 6 straight games, with 4 or 5 of them being in the district. They took out CV, Hillsboro, Larimore, GCC, and H-N during that streak I believe. If they keep it up they could roll into the regional and make a good showing after struggling earlier this year against some teams, including Grafton.
playa10

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:47 pm

It appears most teams have beaten GCC by 20. Thompson needed to bounce back - five straight losses, now six straight wins. Otherwise, they'd have found themselves among MPCG and CV. Five of their six wins have been by single digits, only takes one point to win, but not sure they''re rolling anywhere..
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:38 pm

Just shows how even many of these teams are. Tournament time will be very unpredictable. Who's going to bring their A game?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:31 pm

CV beat MPCG tonight. MPCG played very badly and was still in it at the end.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls