FCT - Central Cass

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

FCT - Central Cass

Postby philshometown » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Is this game on the radio? Should be a good one....
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Re: FCT - Central Cass

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:01 pm

I was there... Central Cass lost by about 12. I don't remember the exact score. FCT is a very impressive team. Hopefully we'll get another chance at them at regionals.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: FCT - Central Cass

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:37 am

Rebels pass by Squirrels
Brian Kimmes, The Forum
Published Tuesday, January 29, 2008

CASSELTON, N.D. – Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah used an efficient passing attack to defeat the Central Cass Squirrels 58-46 on Monday night in a North Dakota girls basketball game.

“They take a lot of pride in their passing,” F-C-T coach Dan Schmit said of his team. “Our frontline is just outstanding at that. They know each other so well, their moves; they look for each other. They just read opportunities and they usually capitalize.”

The 7th-ranked Rebels’ frontline, consisting of Kenzie Church, Kali Luick and Samantha Schmit, capitalized frequently in the paint, combining for 49 points.

Schmit said each of the players average more than 13 points a game and shoot better than 50 percent from the field.

“It’s a front line that is just hard to stop,” Dan Schmit said. “They work hard. They’re athletes.”

The Rebels had 10 assists on their 11 first-half field goals en route to a 29-19 halftime lead.

“We just didn’t adjust to their passes very well the first half,” Central Cass coach Barb Kraft said. “After the halftime, I thought we adjusted much better.”

The Rebels finished the game with 18 assists on 23 field goals.

“This is just a typical game for us,” Dan Schmit said.

Central Cass closed to within six points in the fourth quarter when Terese Boeder nailed consecutive 3-pointers. But back-to-back baskets by Luick, who finished with a game high 23 points, sealed the deal for F-C-T.

“It was just tough for us to get over the hump,” Kraft said.

Dan Schmit said the win was good for his team, who will play some tough teams down the stretch.

“We knew it’d be a battle. I’m pleased we won by as much as we did,” he said. “I actually thought it was going to be a two or four point game.”

F-C-T (16-1): Church 5 2-2 13, Luick 10 2-3 23, K. Campbell 1 2-4 4, J. Campbell 2 1-2 5, Schmit 5 2-2 13, Rydell 0 0-0 0. Total 23 9-14 58.

CENTRAL CASS (13-4): Kraft 6 1-2 13, Sprunk 3 4-4 10, Boeder 3 0-0 8, Samuelson 5 0-0 10, Nesemeier 1 1-2 3, Gegleman 0 2-2 2. Total 18 8-10 46.

Halftime F-C-T 29. Centrall Cass 19. Rebounds: F-C-T 26 (Schmit 13), Central Cass 25 (Samuelson 7). Assists: F-C-T 18 (J. Campbell, Schmit 5), Central Cass 8 (Sprunk 2). Steals: F-C-T 10 (J. Campbell 5), Central Cass (Boeder 3). Team Fouls: F-C-T 10, Central Cass 16.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls