Region 5 Predictions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 5 Predictions

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Well, I guess now is as good of time as ever to make predictions....here is my prediction

Region
1. Standing Rock
2. Turtle Lake/Mercer
3. Shiloh
4. Center

Haven't seen Turtle lake play except for volleyball.... I believe Standing Rock is the best out of the other 3 teams....
bigpoppakdog

Re: Region 5 Predictions

Postby oneshot » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 am

district 10 is a toss up, i would say tl-m is the favorite based on their record in the district, but any team in the dist. could win it...tl-m goes to velva tonite, should be a good test...district 9 probably has the edge in region 5 because of a tougher reg. season schedule, with rock and shiloh the front runners...looking forward to a good tourney!
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oneshot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 am

opening round:

shiloh over sheridan cty.
standing rock over washburn
tl-m over new salem
underwood over center

agree/disagree?
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:57 pm

pretty safe predictions....New Salem hasn't lost a region game since Washburn and ruthie docktor beat them...so I wouldn't count them out completely...
bigpoppakdog

Postby old lineman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 am

Underwood has a nice spot in the brakets. If they don't have a shooting slump they will do well. TLM looks pretty solid too.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsfan21 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am

Reviewing scores on NDHSAA i'll make my predictions

New Salem over TLM - New Salem coach knows how to win in this tournament
Shiloh over Sheridan County - Bearstail girl is the real deal
Center over Underwood - Center lost early to Underwood, looks to be playing better
Standing Rock over Washburn - SR has too much firepower
hoopsfan21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:34 pm

I have to agree about Slagg in New Salem he has a great regional record But, it will be tough. Have they played TLM before?

SHiloh will have no problem with Sheridan

I like Underwood over Center, but yes, The Comets better play four good quarters of bb

I don't think Washburn can stay with Standing rock unless both the Sams play tougher than tough (they are only freshman!)
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old lineman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 pm

HEre are the last four teams in REgion five

Underwood/Shiloh
TLM/Washburn

Tuesday night in Manday the first one should be a great game. The second game will depend on which Washburn team shows up. Sounds like they were up for the game tonight. Didn't see it but they won in ot. Good job Cards and coach Jaeger. It would be great to have the Region winner come out of Distrcit 10. Pretty good odds.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:26 am

Region 5 finals Thursday TlM vs Shiloh top seed from districts 10 and 11
rematch for the 3rd place game between Underwood and Washburn They have played three times already (I think) reg season, McLean County tourney and district semis. both games should be good ones.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 am

I'm going w/ shiloh against TLM
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ticket0115 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Ill offset your vote and go with TLM in a close one.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:28 pm

can't stand shiloh, but bearstail can take a game over...you have one player that can light it up for 30 in girls your going to win....tlm doesn't look like they have the strength to handle shiloh's size...
bigpoppakdog

Postby old lineman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Washburn looked like the left everything out on the floor the night before when they played TLM. W was the surprise of the dist. Bearstail score 16 points in a row for Shiloh. She was guarded by underwoods bes defensive player and took over the game. TLM is much more physical than Shiloh, but can Anderson stop Bearstail?? If TLM doesn't go cold and if Anderson can keep out of foul trouble TLM will win. Bearstail is as quick as any guard that I have seen play. All in all good showing for Underwood, Washburn and TLM and SC. Good luck TLM
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby powerade » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 pm

TLM doesn't have a player that can stop Bearstail and Shiloh has to many offensive threats for TLM to handle. TLM has really no outside game and Shiloh is a decent size team so they should be able to stop the drives and post play. Anderson is a decent player haven't seen her hit to many from the 3 point land, Shiloh is a 3 point powerhouse in this region.
Shiloh had also played a much tougher schedule than TLM so I think that will show in the game tomorrow.
powerade

Postby bluedevils_4 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:13 pm

this is a tuff game to call.. shiloh has played a much more difficult schedule then tlm. that should give them the edge. but with they way tlm has been playing it should be a good game. i don't think the game comes down to anderson and bearstail. they are both good players who will get thiers and do thier thing like they have been all year. what the game will come down to is the X-factor. who will step up and have that big game they have been saving all year to push them to state. it will be interesting to watch.
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Agreed. Bearstail will go for 20 to 25 just like she always does and Anderson will have 17 to 20 like always. The X factors you speak of would be Shindler for Shiloh and Bayless for TLM, whoever plays better will determine the outcome of the game. Anderson is 17 points away from 1000 has a sidenote.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby usedtowearajock » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:23 pm

17 points from a 1000? Let's hope a personal scoring goal does'nt get in the way of smart basketball for the TLM Trojans. The Trojans will have to play some good defense to get thru this one. Bearstail is a very good ball handler and could draw fouls from Anderson who likes to steal the ball. The girls in the paint will have to be on their toes as Shiloh seems to move the ball around pretty well.

Girls B-ball is a tough thing to predict, anything could happen. Congrats and good luck to the Trojans!
usedtowearajock
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Well 1000 points is quite an achievement for a career. But anyone that knows basketball or has played before would now that when the game starts all records are off and all you want as a player is a big W and state berth.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:12 am

usedtowearajock wrote:17 points from a 1000? Let's hope a personal scoring goal does'nt get in the way of smart basketball for the TLM Trojans. The Trojans will have to play some good defense to get thru this one. Bearstail is a very good ball handler and could draw fouls from Anderson who likes to steal the ball. The girls in the paint will have to be on their toes as Shiloh seems to move the ball around pretty well.

Girls B-ball is a tough thing to predict, anything could happen. Congrats and good luck to the Trojans!

The Trib states she had 23 points so she did surpass the 1000 mark. Too bad nobody stopped any said anything. Hate to stop the flow of the game, i guess. She did her best to help her team get the W just wasn't enough.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby usedtowearajock » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes, Congrats to Ms. Anderson witih her 1006 pts. She played very well against Shiloh. If the Trojans could have the first quarter back I think the outcome may have been different. The Trojans have nothing to hang their head for, no other girls Trojan team has had the oppurtunity to play in a region championship game.

Now we have to wait for next year and make a run at it again!
usedtowearajock
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oneshot » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:19 pm

First of all, congrats to Shiloh and Kristin Bearstail for receiving Region 5 player of the year...well deserved...As for TL-M, Awesome year! 19-5, Mclean Cty. champs, Dist. 10 champs, and Region 5 runner-up...Congrats to Lyndi Anderson for hitting the 1000 pt. mark...someone said she's in the area of 400 career steals as well...Also, would like to recognize the Trojan seniors...Marissa Rahauser, Andrea Lee, Danelle Blotter, and Jen Binstock...great year!

Good luck to the Skyhawks at state!
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:26 pm

A great showing from District 10 in the girls' region 5 tourney. nice to see some upsets and surprises coming out of McLean County! 3 of 4 teams in the final four. Pretty nice. yes...great job Shiloh, bearstail. Hats off to the district 10 teams, Washburn, Underwood and TLM for making us fans proud at the regionals.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Congrats to Shiloh Region 5 champs. A very deserving champ. Good luck against Bottineau.

Congrats to Lyndi Anderson for going over a 1000 points on her career. A lot of years of success to get that kind of number.

Next year the Underwod Comets are returning an exciting team and have to be in the driver seat for the Region title. Everyone returning from a 3rd place finish team.

Washburn has some freshman that might get in the way though. Very impressive group themselves.

Dont count out defending champ Shiloh because of their tradition.

TL-M returns a solid front court in Bayless, Sondrol and Belise that will allow them to compete with alot of teams. Need some guards to step up for the girls that graduated and they will be respectable.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:57 pm

What I found most interesting was the fact that Shiloh girls lost to DT something like 45-70 right at about the midway point of the season and then they win their region, yet Dickinson Trinity girls lose by 28 to Bowman...maybe their are just two dominate teams in ND Class B girls basketball in Bowman and Bottineau
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:08 pm

All of these teams are really good and i cant come up with one that i think is going to win the region 5 championship. i think standing rock has the best chance because they love to shoot and are scrappy on defense. i cant wait for a great tournament.
Stormtrooper

Next

Return to Girls