Bottineau vs Kenmare - Who is going to win and Why

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bottineau vs Kenmare - Who is going to win and Why

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:16 pm

We all know that Bottineau is the team to beat in Class B Girls Basketball. However, they have had a few close games of late and look like they could be vulnerable for a defeat. It looks like Kenmare is the other team doing well in Region 6. Are they the team that may defeat Bottineau on Thursday?
pbhoopsters

Re: Bottineau vs Kenmare - Who is going to win and Why

Postby BBall dominator » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Bottineau...They've proven to beat other good teams I think they've played a fairly tough schedule. But region games are always a little different.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Bottineau - why? - Shauna Knife
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:56 am

Ok talked to a friend who went to see this game....and from what I took from the little tidbit he told me about it is that Shaunna Knife is a heck of a player. Forgot to ask is she a jr. or sr.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

in my opinion DLB is the only team that can possibly contend with Bottineau. Is it any truth that Kayla Roemmich is done for the year because of her knees? If so that is a huge loss for Bottineau.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Roemich has only played in 5 games this entire season. They have went undefeated without her and who knows about chemistry if or when she comes back?
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:57 pm

BBall dominator wrote:Ok talked to a friend who went to see this game....and from what I took from the little tidbit he told me about it is that Shaunna Knife is a heck of a player. Forgot to ask is she a jr. or sr.

She is a junior - one of the better female basketball players I have seen. I'm not a big follower of girls basketball - but she is something special to watch. - Can do it all - and is very smooth.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:08 am

bottineau. its simple. they have more talent
whocares?

Postby vballfan06 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:30 am

where does velva fit into the picture? they've played bottineau close twice now. could they pull the upset?
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ball23 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:34 pm

didn't bottineau already play kenmare and win by double digits?

or is this topic referring to the regional tournament
ball23

Postby kobe4mvp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:00 am

bottineau will win this region again.... why? Shaunna Knife, Their Experience, and Their Confidence
kobe4mvp

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:37 am

I believe Kenmare plays Bottineau again in the first round of Regionals. If Bottineau goes to state, they will have worked for it, I think it's a tough region.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:46 am

The first round match-ups are huge - they pit the regular season #1 and #2's against each other.
REGULAR SEASON - not District Tournament seedings. - They pit #2 Kenmare vs. #1 Bottineau and #2 Velva vs. #1 DLB. Should be interesting. Whoever gets out of this bracket should easily win the championship. Just my opinion. More than likely Bottineau - but not a given - depends on Shauna Knife. If she decides she wants to dominate - no one will come close.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:52 am

BB11 wrote:The first round match-ups are huge - they pit the regular season #1 and #2's against each other.
REGULAR SEASON - not District Tournament seedings. - They pit #2 Kenmare vs. #1 Bottineau and #2 Velva vs. #1 DLB. Should be interesting. Whoever gets out of this bracket should easily win the championship. Just my opinion. More than likely Bottineau - but not a given - depends on Shauna Knife. If she decides she wants to dominate - no one will come close.

I hope I get to see Shauna Knife in person at the state tournament, i've heard nothing but good things about her game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:01 am

ndfan wrote:
BB11 wrote:The first round match-ups are huge - they pit the regular season #1 and #2's against each other.

I hope I get to see Shauna Knife in person at the state tournament, i've heard nothing but good things about her game.

She's the real deal - kind of lanky - doesn't look like she can be an athlete by looking at her - but has a beautiful shot - Not a forced push like a lot of girls have - can hit anywhere inside 25 feet very accuarately and can drive-rebound and have seen her throw some sweet Jason Kidd like no looks right on point. I hope I'm not talking her up too much. I have no affiliation with her or their team at all - but she is just really fun to watch - and I'm not a girls bb fan by nature - but it's fun to watch the really special ones.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby VolsFan3 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:47 pm

shaunna knife is like a gift sent down from heaven to botno...she can do anything on the court...and kelsey peltier is sweet too.
VolsFan3

Postby ballaholic#3 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Shauna Knife can hit from 25 feet? I don't know if you realize this but the three point line is 19'9'' and the NBA 3 point line is 23'9'' from its farthest point. i'm sure she's good but she's not exactly reggie miller.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby ball23 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 am

ballaholic#3 wrote:Shauna Knife can hit from 25 feet? I don't know if you realize this but the three point line is 19'9'' and the NBA 3 point line is 23'9'' from its farthest point. i'm sure she's good but she's not exactly reggie miller.

No one said she was Reggie Miller, but i've played against Shaunna Knife, and she can hit from 25 ft. she so smooth with her game, she can go right around you if you try to deny her shot. She can block shots and for a girl she can leap for being 5' 10".
ball23

Postby BB11 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:55 am

ballaholic#3 wrote:Shauna Knife can hit from 25 feet? I don't know if you realize this but the three point line is 19'9'' and the NBA 3 point line is 23'9'' from its farthest point. i'm sure she's good but she's not exactly reggie miller.

Don't exactly appreciate the shot at my knowlege of the game - considering I probably have a few decades on you. I'm guessing you have never seen her play, so I'll take your comment as such. Go measure the vollyball line from the rim - I will believe you will find it is 25 feet. If that is wrong - I'll admit it - but it isn't.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 am

I think what BB11 is saying is she CAN hit from 25 feet. Sure, many players CAN do it. But what ballaholic#3 is trying to say is "can she do it consistently". It is so easy to read comments on this site and jump to conclusions about what someone is trying to say. I think a lot of comments get taken out of context. I would guess her shooting % would go way down if all of her 3pt attempts were taken from 25 feet. However, she would most likely retain a higher shooting % from that distance than almost all other girls in ND Class B. So I would say you are both correct in your comments. What do you two think, does this make sense?

BB11 wrote:

Don't exactly appreciate the shot at my knowlege of the game - considering I probably have a few decades on you. I'm guessing you have never seen her play, so I'll take your comment as such. Go measure the vollyball line from the rim - I will believe you will find it is 25 feet. If that is wrong - I'll admit it - but it isn't.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:34 am

who she being recruited by and has she made her mind up where she wants to go yet?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 am

ndfan wrote:who she being recruited by and has she made her mind up where she wants to go yet?

She's only a junior
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Baller wrote:
ndfan wrote:who she being recruited by and has she made her mind up where she wants to go yet?

She's only a junior

Does that that stop colleges from recruiting her?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 am

i see your point that she has the "ability" to hit from 25 feet and she is a really good shooter but since i'm relatively young compared to other so for them i'll use the reference that she isn't as good a shooter as let's say rick barry or mark price or john paxon or "the logo." ( that's Jerry West for if you didn't know that ). I guess I don't know much basketball, since a certain someone is older than me. With all that being said Shauna Knife is a really good basketball player and shooter and occassionally she can hit those much needed 25 footers which are shot so often in girl's basketball.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls