Region 2

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2

Postby NDsportwatcher » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:38 pm

This region i think would be a hard one to pick, because there are a lot of good teams.

What do you think?
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 2

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Not even close, Grafton should walk away from this region easily they just beat the other two ranked teams in region 2 by 15+points. If you mean boys region 2 I would agree with you then.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDsportwatcher » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Yes, Grafton is a HUGE favorite in the region, but i just see that there could be some upsets here.
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:37 pm

I would have to agree w/ndfan right now. Anything can happen, but from the latest action, it looks as if Grafton is too deep and too talented compared to the rest of the Region 2 teams this year (They're avg winning margin is 31!). One thing to look at though, Grafton beat DP and FLPR on their home court. THings could be very different at the Betty later this year. If there's anything I've learned watching class B, is that tournament time brings out the best in every team, and I doubt we''ve seen the best yet.

Grafton looked to have met their match in the first half of the DP game Saturday, down 7 at HT. But outscored DP 22-2 in the third.

FLPR is struggling to get offense right now, too 1 dimensional. They've played 2 very good teams in a row now and will have to get much better if they want to challenge for the region title IMO.

Hillsboro had to fight to squeak by a 1pt win over Hatton-Northwood, which leads me to believe they
will have a tought time w/Grafton if they were to meet in the regional tournament.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Yeah all go with anything can happen come tournament time no disagreement there. I just don't believe there are A lot of talented teams in region 2 that will make it interesting. There are probably a few teams that could make it interesting in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:47 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:I would have to agree w/ndfan right now. Anything can happen, but from the latest action, it looks as if Grafton is too deep and too talented compared to the rest of the Region 2 teams this year (They're avg winning margin is 31!). One thing to look at though, Grafton beat DP and FLPR on their home court. THings could be very different at the Betty later this year. If there's anything I've learned watching class B, is that tournament time brings out the best in every team, and I doubt we''ve seen the best yet.

Grafton looked to have met their match in the first half of the DP game Saturday, down 7 at HT. But outscored DP 22-2 in the third.

FLPR is struggling to get offense right now, too 1 dimensional. They've played 2 very good teams in a row now and will have to get much better if they want to challenge for the region title IMO.

Hillsboro had to fight to squeak by a 1pt win over Hatton-Northwood, which leads me to believe they
will have a tought time w/Grafton if they were to meet in the regional tournament.

I saw the Grafton/DP game and I was not concerned at halftime. Coach S. sat Katie Houdek down with 2 fouls in the second quarter and when she is not in the line-up things don't go as smoothly for Grafton. When she got back into the line-up in the third quarter things immediately changed. Grafton is the team to beat in Region 2.
pbhoopsters

Postby HometownHigh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 am

pbhoopsters wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:I would have to agree w/ndfan right now. Anything can happen, but from the latest action, it looks as if Grafton is too deep and too talented compared to the rest of the Region 2 teams this year (They're avg winning margin is 31!). One thing to look at though, Grafton beat DP and FLPR on their home court. THings could be very different at the Betty later this year. If there's anything I've learned watching class B, is that tournament time brings out the best in every team, and I doubt we''ve seen the best yet.

I saw the Grafton/DP game and I was not concerned at halftime. Coach S. sat Katie Houdek down with 2 fouls in the second quarter and when she is not in the line-up things don't go as smoothly for Grafton. When she got back into the line-up in the third quarter things immediately changed. Grafton is the team to beat in Region 2.

IMO - Hillsboro "squeaking by" Hatton Northwood was more Hillsboro starting uncharacteristically "off" but having the heart to come back and win. Northern Cass handled Hatton Northwood last night. And we remember Hillsboro handling Northern Cass. Possible that the Hatton Northwood "threat" has diminished. The fact that Grafton can sit down one player and affect the game is unfortunate for them. Lots of District games before regionals. Enjoy!!.
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4givethem » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I saw the Grafton - DP game, and believe me one player out and then the turnaround when back in was not the only factor in the scoring of the 3rd period. DP seemed to get tired somewhat, and Grafton for a while went with more speed on the court, played together as a team too. They can only get better which is scary, they may even have more potential with the other players also. But, as mentioned before this by someone, any high school team come Region time can disappear when nerves etc. at the big show sometimes appear.
4givethem

Postby basketball » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:16 pm

HometownHigh wrote:
pbhoopsters wrote:

IMO - Hillsboro "squeaking by" Hatton Northwood was more Hillsboro starting uncharacteristically "off" but having the heart to come back and win. Northern Cass handled Hatton Northwood last night. And we remember Hillsboro handling Northern Cass. Possible that the Hatton Northwood "threat" has diminished. The fact that Grafton can sit down one player and affect the game is unfortunate for them. Lots of District games before regionals. Enjoy!!.

And If I remember right, Hatton Northwood handled Hillsboro the first time they played. Correct me if I am wrong.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Yes, HN handled Hillsboro by 10 or so the first meeting.

Hillsboro suffered a loss in that game - Joelle Evenson tore her ACL in that game and will have surgery. Hillsboro has players to step in, but they will miss her court presence and smarts. A thin bench gets even thinner....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketball » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for the answer. I thought they beat them pretty easily but I wasnt sure because the way that HometownHigh put it. They made it seem that Hillsboro was just having an off night their 2nd meeting, but obviously Hatton Northwood can stick with Hillsboro and beat them.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDsportwatcher » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Hillsboro is on an 8-game winning streak after their win tonight against Griggs County. Their last loss was AT H-N. That streak includes teams like Park Christian, and very good Northern Cass and Norman County West teams. I think that Hillsboro is gaining some confidence back
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby adriana » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Hinsa wrote:Yes, HN handled Hillsboro by 10 or so the first meeting.

Hillsboro suffered a loss in that game - Joelle Evenson tore her ACL in that game and will have surgery. Hillsboro has players to step in, but they will miss her court presence and smarts. A thin bench gets even thinner....

She may not have tore it. She finds out tomorrow.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:30 pm

ndfan wrote:Not even close, Grafton should walk away from this region easily they just beat the other two ranked teams in region 2 by 15+points. If you mean boys region 2 I would agree with you then.

That's what everyone said about DP the last two years...
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls