REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH-UPS

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH-UPS

Postby lionstigersandbears » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Saw this post on the boys forum. I know we're gonna see Boman and Steele-Dawson posted a zillion times (rightfully so). Who else is going to be standing at regional championship time??
lionstigersandbears

Re: REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH-UPS

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Region 1 - Central Cass (Fairmount and Hankinson are also possibilities but I had to pick someone)

Region 2 - Grafton

Region 3 - Steele Dawson

Region 4 - Leeds-Minnewaukan

Region 5 - Turtle Lake (This is the Region I know the least about)

Region 6 - Bottineau - I have rethought my position. Forget all that talk about picking against the favorite, overconfidence and injuries. After what Bottineau did to New Town it would be just plain reckless to pick against them. I will sleep better again knowing I now have them as my Region 6 pick.

Region 7 - Bowman, but Dickinson Trinity could give them a run for their money.

Region 8 - Newtown - Christine Miller wil lead her team back to the State Tournament.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby sportsmart » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Region 1 ..Didn't Central Cass just get killed by Northern Cass?
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:33 pm

sportsmart wrote:Region 1 ..Didn't Central Cass just get killed by Northern Cass?

Yup, by 21.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:12 pm

sportsmart wrote:Region 1 ..Didn't Central Cass just get killed by Northern Cass?

Yes they did! I was very surprised by that considering CC beat them earlier this season - especially by the size of the margin. It look like CC shot poorly - 31% from the field and 35% from the free throw line. I'm not sure if this is because they had a bad night or NC played good defense or a combination of the two.

I never did expect CC to go through the rest of the season unbeaten but the size of the margin does make me wonder a bit about what is going on with the team. CC, Fairmount and Hankinson are all capable of winning Region 1 but I do not consider any of them unbeatable. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when you make predictions - but that's what makes sports interesting. I will stick with my picks and see how they turn out in mid Feb.
pbhoopsters

Postby vballfan06 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 pm

I didn't see the game but C. Cass hadn't played since the beat Maple Valley before the break. I don't think it's a good indication of what's to come---rough night--tI think hey'll still be in the thick of things in the end. We'll see how they rebound the next few games, since they have alot of tough games coming up.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby LarryBirdFan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:Region 1 - Central Cass (Fairmount and Hankinson are also possibilities but I had to pick someone)

Region 2 - Grafton

Region 3 - Steele Dawson

Region 6 - Kenmare (Bottineau is too easy a pick - besides the fact that I like picking against favorites I think Bottineau is going to have injury problems and may have a touch of over-confidence in their Region. If I remember correctly they nearly lost their Region last year. Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't they lose in the District Championship game last year? From what I am hearing out west the Kenmare team has speed and athleticism. Perhaps it is their year to represent Region 6.

Region 8 - Newtown - Christine Miller wil lead her team back to the State Tournament.

Yes Bottineau did lose the District Championship Game to Velva by one point, however, Courtney Hahn and Kayla Roemmich did not play because of injuries. Yes, Bottineau has injury problems as Roemmich is hurt again this year. Last year Bottineau won all three region games by over 20 points. Even without Roemmich I pick Bottineau as the favorite of Region 6.
LarryBirdFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:48 am

vballfan06 wrote:I didn't see the game but C. Cass hadn't played since the beat Maple Valley before the break. I don't think it's a good indication of what's to come---rough night--tI think hey'll still be in the thick of things in the end. We'll see how they rebound the next few games, since they have alot of tough games coming up.

I was there. To say Central Cass had a rough game is an understatement. The first quarter was very ugly. Central Cass couldn't get anything going and Northern Cass couldn't miss... even their last second "throw the ball at the hoop" shot went in. Just goes to show you that anything can happen when you play your rival in their gym. Maybe they were getting us back for beating their boys the night before by 45. :?

Not that it's an excuse, but Central Cass had not played a game for 2 weeks and I think it showed. They did come back and beat Enderlin by 30 or so the next night. They will be OK, they just need to keep working. Tournament time will be interesting!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:26 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:Region 1 - Central Cass (Fairmount and Hankinson are also possibilities but I had to pick someone)

Region 2 - Grafton

Region 3 - Steele Dawson

Region 6 - Kenmare (Bottineau is too easy a pick - besides the fact that I like picking against favorites I think Bottineau is going to have injury problems and may have a touch of over-confidence in their Region. If I remember correctly they nearly lost their Region last year. Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't they lose in the District Championship game last year? From what I am hearing out west the Kenmare team has speed and athleticism. Perhaps it is their year to represent Region 6.

I see Shiloh coming out of Region 5. Might not be far from LMM out of Region 3
ICU

Postby lionstigersandbears » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:35 pm

ICU wrote:

Region 2 - Grafton

Region 3 - Steele Dawson

I see Shiloh coming out of Region 5. Might not be far from LMM out of Region 3

You might be right. Shiloh and TLM battled for 3rd in the region last year and Shiloh won in OT. I think both teams have good players back this year and they should be pretty equal but I see Shiloh more solid more consistently. TLM has a decent record but a lot of the wins are close scores to less then average teams.
lionstigersandbears

Postby jumpshot22 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Teams to look out for-
Region 1-I say Maple Valley is a team that people should watchout for. Yes Kristen Killoran is miss everything for that team but they are coming together just at the right time.

Region 3- Barnes County North has a pretty decent team this year-they have taken a few big losses to teams but this team is also undefeated in the district so far. Look for this team to reach Regionals for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

good luck to the raiders in region 1 and the bison in region 3
jumpshot22

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:48 pm

jumpshot22 wrote:Teams to look out for-
Region 1-I say Maple Valley is a team that people should watchout for. Yes Kristen Killoran is miss everything for that team but they are coming together just at the right time.

good luck to the raiders in region 1 and the bison in region 3

Gotta disagree with you on the Maple Valley thing. The best they are going to be ranked going into District 2 is 3rd... they've lost to Central Cass once, Northern Cass twice and LMM once. They've lost 4 of their last 5 games. How can you say they are coming together at the right time? They are completely one-dimensional. If Killoran gets hurt or in foul trouble, they will be lost.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 am

Region 2 - Grafton

Region 3 - Steele Dawson

Region 6 - Bottineau - I have rethought my position. Forget all that talk about picking against the favorite, overconfidence and injuries. After what Bottineau did to New Town it would be just plain reckless to pick against them. I will sleep better again knowing I now have them as my Region 6 pick.

I am making one more change on my Region Picks:

Region 1 - FCT - I like the Central Cass team but for some reason they are not playing "on all cylinders". Hankinson lost a tough game to Summit, SD (#1 in SD small school) and also lost to Central Cass. FCT is playing good ball with a lot of confidence at the right time of the season. They are my new pick for Region 1.

Region 2 - Grafton

Region 3 - Steel-Dawson

Region 4 - Leeds-Minn.

Region 5 - Turtle Lake

Region 6 - Bottineau

Region 7 - Bowman

Region 8 - New Town
pbhoopsters

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Is this the way the bracket would go for girls basketball year if these were the teams that made it from each region? (Teams could change I'm just using it as a example)

Steele Dawson vs Leeds-Minn.
Turtle Lake vs Bottineau
Bowman vs New Town
FCT vs Grafton
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:01 pm

NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 pm

ndfan wrote:Is this the way the bracket would go for girls basketball year if these were the teams that made it from each region? (Teams could change I'm just using it as a example)

Steele Dawson vs Leeds-Minn.
Turtle Lake vs Bottineau
Bowman vs New Town
FCT vs Grafton

If this scenario would play out my final four would be: Steele-Dawson; Bottineau; Bowman and Grafton. However, I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks after the District Tournaments.
pbhoopsters

Postby jumpshot22 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:10 pm

I am going to predict an upset in Region 3-everyone has put Steele-Dawson as the champion, but I am going to say that Steele-Dawson will not be making it out of Region 3 as the champion. Look at HMB and Linton from District 6-and you can not count out BCN and Lamoure from District 5. It should be a great Region 3 Tournament-I know I can not wait!
jumpshot22

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm

Region 2 it will be Grafton over FLPR.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Region 4 is pretty open considering ML has only one loss. Lots of 2-3 loss teams. It will come down to who is playing the best ball.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls