HMB

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

HMB

Postby twoadays » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:01 am

how does Hazleton-Moffit-Braddack match up in their dist and who are the big guns for them this year?
twoadays

Re: HMB

Postby ICU » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 pm

twoadays wrote:how does Hazleton-Moffit-Braddack match up in their dist and who are the big guns for them this year?

They are in the top four. They struggled against Steele-Dawson in the New Salem tournament. Linton is always strong and they have Napoleon that is playing well according to the papers.
ICU

Postby rep » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:21 pm

if hmb can run-and-run a little bit, they will be fine. which makes for an interesting matchup against linton, because linton seems to be more comfortable in the halfcourt.

as far as i can tell both teams are trailing steele at this point in the season.

napoleon and strasburg are probably a touch below linton and hmb, battling it out for the no. 4 slot. of course, once they get into the district it'll be a little easier to form a more concrete opinion on the teams.
rep

Postby twoadays » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Can someone tell me how the NDHSAA Polls votes work? I'm confused that HMB has beat Steele who was rated 1st and Turtle Lake-Mercer who is still rated 10th in the same week and HMB is just getting votes. I realize both TL and and Steele have better records but I think HMB beat TL by like 20 (they had a great game). anyway...what gives?
twoadays

Postby philshometown » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:21 pm

You are right, this doesn't make much sense to me, either!!

:?
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 pm

twoadays wrote:Can someone tell me how the NDHSAA Polls votes work? I'm confused that HMB has beat Steele who was rated 1st and Turtle Lake-Mercer who is still rated 10th in the same week and HMB is just getting votes. I realize both TL and and Steele have better records but I think HMB beat TL by like 20 (they had a great game). anyway...what gives?

steele was rated 4th, not 1st, even so...a team wont fall from 4th to NR after a 2 point loss. i was suprised that they werent in the poll too and just receiving votes. i dont think they should be above steele since they were 4 but should definately be in the top 10 at either 9 or 10, right behind steele
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ICU » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:52 pm

twoadays wrote:Can someone tell me how the NDHSAA Polls votes work? I'm confused that HMB has beat Steele who was rated 1st and Turtle Lake-Mercer who is still rated 10th in the same week and HMB is just getting votes. I realize both TL and and Steele have better records but I think HMB beat TL by like 20 (they had a great game). anyway...what gives?

All 3 only have one loss and Steele and Hmb are to each other and Turtle Lake lost to Hmb by 20. Must have to do with having to represent all regions in the state poll or something.
ICU

Postby twoadays » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:21 pm

ICU wrote:

All 3 only have one loss and Steele and Hmb are to each other and Turtle Lake lost to Hmb by 20. Must have to do with having to represent all regions in the state poll or something.

That would make sense except I don't think any class b boys teams from Region 5 made the poll this week or even got votes. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure nothing for this region (in boys).
twoadays

Postby Nodak Guy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:09 pm

rep wrote:if hmb can run-and-run a little bit, they will be fine. which makes for an interesting matchup against linton, because linton seems to be more comfortable in the halfcourt.

as far as i can tell both teams are trailing steele at this point in the season.

napoleon and strasburg are probably a touch below linton and hmb, battling it out for the no. 4 slot. of course, once they get into the district it'll be a little easier to form a more concrete opinion on the teams.

HMB has some talent to work with, and they should easily get out of the District. However, when it comes to crunch time against teams like Linton, Steele-Dawson, Stasburg, and LaMoure in the Regionals, I wouldn't bet on them because the HMB coaching staff will be outcoached by the others in a tight game with the season on the line. Linton is still Linton, and Steele-Dawson is still Steele-Dawson....a majority of the games will be tight, and I don't see HMB having the knowledge on the bench to get it done....jmo
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:
rep wrote:if hmb can run-and-run a little bit, they will be fine. which makes for an interesting matchup against linton, because linton seems to be more comfortable in the halfcourt.

HMB has some talent to work with, and they should easily get out of the District. However, when it comes to crunch time against teams like Linton, Steele-Dawson, Stasburg, and LaMoure in the Regionals, I wouldn't bet on them because the HMB coaching staff will be outcoached by the others in a tight game with the season on the line. Linton is still Linton, and Steele-Dawson is still Steele-Dawson....a majority of the games will be tight, and I don't see HMB having the knowledge on the bench to get it done....jmo

how do you figure Strasburg in that mix?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:39 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:

How would you describe the play of Samantha Fettig? Does she like to play with her back to the basket or does she like to face the basket? Is she mostly in the low post or high post? Is she the type of player that runs the floor well? Does she postion well for rebounding or is she easily pushed out of rebounding position?
pbhoopsters

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:

I don't doubt that Linton and Steele-Dawson coaching staff have the experience in regionals as HMB coaching staff does. Last year was the first year HMB even made it to the top 4 in the region. Must have had a good bunch of seniors or strong senior leadership last season to carry them to regionals. I think the hoopster said that HMB is half the size of the other two school also. I think talent pool might have something to do with not performing well or making it to the big games....jmo
ICU

Postby basketballer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 pm

ICU wrote:
Nodak Guy wrote:

I don't doubt that Linton and Steele-Dawson coaching staff have the experience in regionals as HMB coaching staff does. Last year was the first year HMB even made it to the top 4 in the region. Must have had a good bunch of seniors or strong senior leadership last season to carry them to regionals. I think the hoopster said that HMB is half the size of the other two school also. I think talent pool might have something to do with not performing well or making it to the big games....jmo

HMB didnt have a senior. One junior, and i am pretty sure the rest were underclassmen.
basketballer

Postby CHS » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:49 am

We played against the Fettig girls, she gets alot of putbacks and garbage points so she is active around the basket, keep her away from the basket and you should be fine. They play well together that for sure.
CHS

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:27 pm

CHS wrote:We played against the Fettig girls, she gets alot of putbacks and garbage points so she is active around the basket, keep her away from the basket and you should be fine. They play well together that for sure.

Paper said she had 27 pts and 13 boards. Must have been ALOT of garbage points..
ICU

Return to Girls