Undefeated Teams

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Undefeated Teams

Postby Vicarious » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:25 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Vicarious wrote:
project-pat wrote:Minnewaulkan/Leeds is 8-0 so far.

They're 9-0 after a 86-56 win over St. John last night. Bobbi Grann scored 39 points; 25 in the first half.

Is anyone going to stop her this year? She has to have the highest scoring average in the state....I don't think I've seen her under 25 yet this year. Can Mwkn/Leeds get back to state relying so heavily on just one player?

Bobbi is obviously getting noticed for her prolific scoring, but they do have other weapons. Callahan and Erickson can both score inside, and Thompson is a definite threat from outside. It should be a fun season.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:37 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Vicarious wrote:

They're 9-0 after a 86-56 win over St. John last night. Bobbi Grann scored 39 points; 25 in the first half.

Is anyone going to stop her this year? She has to have the highest scoring average in the state....I don't think I've seen her under 25 yet this year. Can Mwkn/Leeds get back to state relying so heavily on just one player?

The have 3 other girls who average right around 10ppg with Callahan going over 20 the last 2 games. Their toughest tests will be coming in January, they close out with Maddock, Langdon, NRS, Stark-Munich, Carrington and Harvey. But, even if they lost every one of those games.....anything could happen at tourney time.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby vballfan06 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:41 pm

Grann won't be pumping up numbers like that later in the season. She does an outstanding job of running the floor, picking off passes, and just flat out beating everyone down the court. The two games I watched her play at the Hoopster Classic, I thought she has two weaknesses (an outside shot, and no right hand). Once teams get a little more experience and break the press, and recognize that she flies on the rebound, she won't be scoring 30 points a night.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby lionstigersandbears » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:42 pm

vballfan06 wrote:Grann won't be pumping up numbers like that later in the season. She does an outstanding job of running the floor, picking off passes, and just flat out beating everyone down the court. The two games I watched her play at the Hoopster Classic, I thought she has two weaknesses (an outside shot, and no right hand). Once teams get a little more experience and break the press, and recognize that she flies on the rebound, she won't be scoring 30 points a night.

Sounds like a clone of Lindy Anderson from Turtle Lake...weaknesses too. I feel sorry for the kid. Loads of talent and scoring capabilty but too busy running the floor for her team. It's easy to stop a team when ther is only one 2 stop and that has to be the report on this team. She was covered the entire game - ran the show and still managed to score in double digits. If she had some help i could see her getting lots more attention and her team doing pretty well. Hope they get it together. Anderson is fun to watch and hope to see her again playing in Feb. in Mandan.
lionstigersandbears

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:21 am

Steele Dawson lost to HMB last night. 9 undefeated teams left so far?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Subtopic:

When will each of the remaining undefeated teams go down? State your case, or if you think someone will not lose, let's hear why.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:40 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:Subtopic:

When will each of the remaining undefeated teams go down? State your case, or if you think someone will not lose, let's hear why.

If Bowman continues to play the way they are playing, and improve in the little things that they need to...I don't see them losing until the state tournament. Looking at their schedule...there is really no team that can keep up with them at their best. Bowman County has yet to play their best basketball, which is kinda scary. Their closest game this year was a 6 point win against trinity, who has also been their hardest opponent, but I felt that was one of the sloppiest games I've seen them play in a while.
project-pat

Postby rkmt » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:17 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Vicarious wrote:

Her numbers are impressive, but actually Maple Valley's Kristen Killoran averages 31.1 on a 6-1 team. Both players have good numbers across the board both averaging over 5 steals and 4.1 turnovers. Gran gets more assists and Killoran gets more rebounds. 2 very good players and good teams
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:06 pm

project-pat wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:Subtopic:

If Bowman continues to play the way they are playing, and improve in the little things that they need to...I don't see them losing until the state tournament. Looking at their schedule...there is really no team that can keep up with them at their best. Bowman County has yet to play their best basketball, which is kinda scary. Their closest game this year was a 6 point win against trinity, who has also been their hardest opponent, but I felt that was one of the sloppiest games I've seen them play in a while.

Sloppiness goes both ways on that one. My cousin saw the game and said neither team played very well. I do believe though, Bowman will be hard to beat.
ICU

Postby project-pat » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Bowman lost by 3 tonight to Harding County...which is greatly needed. I feel all teams should get at least one tough loss in their systems, or else they are going to go in with their heads up high come tourney time, which always makes you prone for an upset.
project-pat

Postby ddn4tcom » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:15 pm

project-pat wrote:I feel all teams should get at least one tough loss in their systems, or else they are going to go in with their heads up high come tourney time, which always makes you prone for an upset.

I agree with pat completely...teams such as bowman need to realize that this state titles is not going to be easy to get to...i think this loss put the fire back in bowman and at 9-1 they are still fully capable of getting to state. Remember last year, they had their first loss only 2 games into the season against steele-dawson and that made them realize that same thing. Trust me, i have gotten the joy as being the only guy (i'm the computer stat) on the girls basketball bus for bowman county for the past 3 years.

Now to the Harding County Game:

Whenever Bowman goes down to South Dakota to play a game, they always have a hard time winning the game. They have a lot of different rules that we arent used to. Such as that dang coaches box, that was part of the cause of Coach Harding's technical. It wasnt just the rules though, bowman only shot a lack-luster 11/42 from the field. Outside of the arc, they only shot 1/9. Abby Nasset was 6/11 from the field and hit all 6 of her free throws for 18 points and for the first time this season fouled out. Bowman Also had a suprising game from the junior Megan Naico. She played 18 minutes and was 2/4 from the field and hit Bowman's only 3 pointer from past NBA range for a total of 7 points. Look for Bowman to do tons better when they take on Richardton-Taylor at home on saturday January 5th.
ddn4tcom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Yeah...I believe bowman lost their 2nd game to Steele-Dawson...and then didn't put another L in the loss column until state
project-pat

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:43 am

IF Fordville-Lankin-Park River can get by Grafton Tuesday night, I think they can run the table, their only tough opponent after that is probably Starkweather-Munich, which appears to be very beatable. Maybe Langdon, who seems to be playing better. All FLPR will have to do on Tuesday is get either Houdek or Baldwin in early foul trouble and I think they stand a very good chance of handing Grafton their 2nd loss.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:IF Fordville-Lankin-Park River can get by Grafton Tuesday night, I think they can run the table, their only tough opponent after that is probably Starkweather-Munich, which appears to be very beatable. Maybe Langdon, who seems to be playing better. All FLPR will have to do on Tuesday is get either Houdek or Baldwin in early foul trouble and I think they stand a very good chance of handing Grafton their 2nd loss.

I mean on THURSDAY NIGHT!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:23 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:IF Fordville-Lankin-Park River can get by Grafton Tuesday night, I think they can run the table, their only tough opponent after that is probably Starkweather-Munich, which appears to be very beatable. Maybe Langdon, who seems to be playing better. All FLPR will have to do on Tuesday is get either Houdek or Baldwin in early foul trouble and I think they stand a very good chance of handing Grafton their 2nd loss.

I mean on THURSDAY NIGHT!

This is going to be an awesome game. Can't wait to watch this one.
ICU

Previous

Return to Girls