Bottineau

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bottineau

Postby King OF Kings » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:34 am

Will bottineau take state again?
King OF Kings

Re: Bottineau

Postby King OF Kings » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:35 am

There Key players Shaunna Knife, Kelsey Peltier, kayla Roemmich, Abby Aid
King OF Kings

Postby Baller » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:24 am

King OF Kings wrote:There Key players Shaunna Knife, Kelsey Peltier, kayla Roemmich, Abby Aid

I am interested to see they Grafton/ Bottineau game this weekend...I think those are your premiere teams in the state!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ball23 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:29 am

It should be a good game. Since I'm a bottineau fan, I have them by 11.
ball23

Postby Roughrider » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:12 pm

they certainly have a great shot at repeating the state championship, but there are a few teams out there that could give them a run for their money during the state tournament
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Roughrider wrote:they certainly have a great shot at repeating the state championship, but there are a few teams out there that could give them a run for their money during the state tournament

Who are your picks for teams that might give them trouble...I day Grafton and maybe New Town.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Roughrider » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:03 pm

yeah i would go with those two, but i would honestly put Bowman in there as well. Im not saying this just because im from there but after watching them girls play for a long time and then watching them two play at the state tourney last year, i think that Bowman could beat them this year. depending on if the both get into the tourney which they should
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:30 pm

as far as i could tell, the only team bottineau had any trouble with at state last year was steele-dawson. everyone else they just sort of dominated. pirates are a little different team this year though...haven't seen them play yet, but from everything i've seen they look to be a little more balanced scoring-wise and a little deeper. haven't seen bot play either this year, but i'm assuming they are as tough as ever.
rep

Postby ndfan » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:20 am

Grafton will keep it within 5 and if they win it will be within 5 points.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Baller wrote:
Roughrider wrote:they certainly have a great shot at repeating the state championship, but there are a few teams out there that could give them a run for their money during the state tournament

Who are your picks for teams that might give them trouble...I day Grafton and maybe New Town.

Another team that is going to give them trouble will be No. 4 ranked Kenamare, a team that is also in their Region... With Knife, Bottineau is the better team, but Kenmare has good size and a scoring machine in Kendra Miller and they have one of the toughest full court presses in the state... that probably won't make a difference when they play Bottineau, because they have Aide to bring the ball up, but their size might be a problem, especially when Roemmich is out of the lineup... she has a bad knee and she hurt on Friday again in their game against Dickinson Trinity...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:57 pm

I really don't see Bottineau losing this season...w/o roemmich they beat the no.3 team it was a close game but they seemed to always have control. Very impressed w/ shaunna knife a stat keepers nightmare.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Rankings don't mean a thing as far as judging teams this early in the season. For all we know Grafton could lose a bunch of times this year and not even be a contender at the end of the season. Now if they beat the #3 team in Feb then it means something.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 pm

BBall dominator wrote:I really don't see Bottineau losing this season...w/o roemmich they beat the no.3 team it was a close game but they seemed to always have control. Very impressed w/ shaunna knife a stat keepers nightmare.

16 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 blocks... a nightmare to say the least... she would have had at least 20 points and a double-double if she wouldn't have fell and hit her face in the third quarter...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ICU » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Bottineau to winn Class B again this year. Someone should line them up to play BHS or something. That would be an interesting game.
ICU

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:06 am

I noticed Bottineau only beat Langdon by one point, does anyone have a story of the game?
I'm curious- must have been some serious foul trouble?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:56 am

BOTTINEAU 53,

LANGDON 52
Bottineau 22 31 53
Langdon 28 24 52
Langdon - Ashley Hall 8, Janae Klindt 12, Kay Krahn 13, Haley Breyer 7, Courtney Becker 12
Bottineau - Brooke Marquardt 5, Erin Caroline 2, Marybeth Geiszler 11, Shaunna Knife 15, Kelsey Peltier 11, Abbey Aide 5, Kierney Olson 2, Kelzey Artz 2

From the Grand Forks Herald...Looks like Roemmich is still out.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball11 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:33 pm

It was a really good game. Langdon had a chance to tie at the end of the game when they got fouled during a three point attempt. Made the first two, missed the last one.
baseball11

Postby Ballin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:13 pm

The Stars are going to win state again, without a doubt. What people don't realize is that its not just the players, its the COACH. Not to take anything away from the girls, they are great athletes! Not only in basketball, but volleyball and track & field as well. Forsberg just knows how to get the best out of his girls every year. So as long as Forsberg is the front man in Bottineau, the Stars are going to be a force. Definitely a dynasty.
Ballin

Postby ICU » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Just curious, where does -----------------------

*Edited by the Administrator*

Come on now, lets leave stuff like this off of the message board. Please don't use this as a tool for gossiping about kids personal lives or their families. We are here to promote our state and draw attention to the hard working athletes who play high school sports.

NDSportsFan
ICU

Postby Dragon32 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 pm

That center Beston for Dunseith will give Bottineau problems with her post play. I'm not saying their going to win state i'm just saying watch out.
Dragon32

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Dragon32 wrote:That center Beston for Dunseith will give Bottineau problems with her post play. I'm not saying their going to win state i'm just saying watch out.

Is Roemmich back from her injury...with her I don't see them having issues. Without her, Beston could get the best of them.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby VolsFan3 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Kayla is not back from her injury yet and I do think Bottineau could still handle the post play b/c Bottineau still has Erin Caroline and Maribeth G. Erin C. has been doing a good job in the post since Roemmich went out. Who is the Beston girl?
VolsFan3

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:47 am

VolsFan3 wrote:Kayla is not back from her injury yet and I do think Bottineau could still handle the post play b/c Bottineau still has Erin Caroline and Maribeth G. Erin C. has been doing a good job in the post since Roemmich went out. Who is the Beston girl?

Beston is solid shes not a bad player but not one that could single handedly take down bottineau I see her getting hers but dunseith not getting the best of bottineau
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Bottineau just simply has too many weapons, inside and outside...
ball23

Return to Girls