NDAPSSA poll - week 1

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: NDAPSSA poll - week 1

Postby rep » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:13 pm

that bowman county got two first-place votes...

in all seriousness, i'm surprised new rockford-sheyenne didn't break the top 10...they are 4-0 (they are only listed as 2-0 in the poll, that might have hurt them?) and they beat maddock in the cndc tournament championship which i thought might have given them enough cred to make it as high as 8 or 9.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 pm

New Rockford really struggled in the CNDC tourney, but they definitely showed their potential in 2 of the quarters. They played terrible in the first game against St John, but put up 33 in the 4th to turn it into a lopsided game. Then they struggled against a so-so Rugby team and won by about 5. In the championship, Maddock had a 15 pt lead at one point in the first half but NR outscored them something like 25-5 in the 3rd and were able to hang on in the end. Like I said, they showed great potential and have a shot to get in the polls if they put a few good games together one week. I think Mwkn/Leeds is kind of a surprise being ranked so high so early. They were picked 3rd in their district, but no one else in their district even received any votes.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:39 am

ndlionsfan wrote:New Rockford really struggled in the CNDC tourney, but they definitely showed their potential in 2 of the quarters. They played terrible in the first game against St John, but put up 33 in the 4th to turn it into a lopsided game. Then they struggled against a so-so Rugby team and won by about 5. In the championship, Maddock had a 15 pt lead at one point in the first half but NR outscored them something like 25-5 in the 3rd and were able to hang on in the end. Like I said, they showed great potential and have a shot to get in the polls if they put a few good games together one week. I think Mwkn/Leeds is kind of a surprise being ranked so high so early. They were picked 3rd in their district, but no one else in their district even received any votes.

did someone make bobbi gran angry or something...chick is going off for 21, 27, 25 and 31 points in ML's first four games. while i didn't think she was a bad offensive player at state last season, i certainly didn't think she was capable of that kind of production. yikes.
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:48 am

Nobody on the court has yet to match her speed or strength and it will be hard to find someone that can in all of class B.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 am

I saw New Salem got beat by Steele Dawson last night 58-20. Is that a misprint cause I saw that New Salem was receiving votes. Thought it would be a closer game I guess.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:55 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I saw New Salem got beat by Steele Dawson last night 58-20. Is that a misprint cause I saw that New Salem was receiving votes. Thought it would be a closer game I guess.

was steele really just 6-20 from the line??? wow
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby jumpshot22 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:44 pm

Hey congrats to the Barnes County North girls basketball team for being ranked #8 in the first girls class b poll of the year. This marks the first time in school history for the girls team to be ranked in a class b poll. Congrats girls and best of luck to you this season!
jumpshot22

Postby Stromer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 pm

ndlionsfan wrote: I think Mwkn/Leeds is kind of a surprise being ranked so high so early. They were picked 3rd in their district, but no one else in their district even received any votes.

Umm, how bout Rolette-Wolford? But then, that is a joke in itself. Whoever picked ML to finish 3rd was crazy. It is a very weak district and ML is at the top of the class.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:42 am

scc wrote:Any surprises this week?

http://kmav.com/?page=sports_polls&id=108

Here is the entire poll results;

BISMARCK (AP) - The first North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Class B girls basketball poll of the season, with teams followed by first-place votes, record and points.

1. Bottineau (6) 2-0 78

2. Bowman County (2) 1-0 60

3. Grafton 2-0 51

4. Kenmare 4-0 40

5. Steele-Dawson 2-0 36

6. Minnewaukan-Leeds 4-0 35

7. Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah 2-0 25

8. Barnes County North 3-0 20

9. New Town 3-1 19

10. (tie) Hazleton-Moffit-Braddock 2-0 12 Heart River 1-0 12 Kindred 2-0 12 Rolette-Wolford 3-0 12

Others receiving votes: Lakota 2-1; Hillsboro 2-0; Stanley 3-1; New Rockford-Sheyenne 2-0; Watford City 1-1; Shiloh 1-1; Minot Ryan 1-1; New Salem 1-1
dgfsuperfan1

Postby vballfan06 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:58 am

It looks as if Minnewauken-Leed's big test will be on the 15th against kindred (looks as if it could be kindred's big test too) in the hoopster classic. It'll show where they are compared to one of the powers of region 1. From the way it sounds it could be a track meet.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:22 am

Stromer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote: I think Mwkn/Leeds is kind of a surprise being ranked so high so early. They were picked 3rd in their district, but no one else in their district even received any votes.

Umm, how bout Rolette-Wolford? But then, that is a joke in itself. Whoever picked ML to finish 3rd was crazy. It is a very weak district and ML is at the top of the class.

Sorry, forgot about RW. Even still, RW was picked behind ML in their district, too. I think Langdon and Munich/Stark were supposed to be the top 2 teams.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:11 am

Didnt New Salem graduate everyone and then some last year? who do they have back?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Heart River fell to Killdeer last night in the first round of the roughrider...I heard it wasn't much of a contest either.
project-pat

Postby Stromer » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:24 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Stromer wrote:

Sorry, forgot about RW. Even still, RW was picked behind ML in their district, too. I think Langdon and Munich/Stark were supposed to be the top 2 teams.

Yes, those were the top 2 teams. I laughed for days after I saw that we (SM) were picked second. If we are, then the game of basketball has problems, although we did way better against Lakota than I thought we would. ML will take this district easily. After seeing them play Lakota, I don't see them losing to them at regionals either. My only worry is that ML came out flat in the 2nd quarter both games I saw them play last weekend. They should have had them wrapped up by the half.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:50 pm

[quote="jumpshot22"]Hey congrats to the Barnes County North girls basketball team for being ranked #8 in the first girls class b poll of the year. This marks the first time in school history for the girls team to be ranked in a class b poll. Congrats girls and best of luck to you this season![/quote]

Sounds like a fun time for Barnes County North - Enjoy!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndcommentor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Stromer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
Stromer wrote:

Yes, those were the top 2 teams. I laughed for days after I saw that we (SM) were picked second. If we are, then the game of basketball has problems, although we did way better against Lakota than I thought we would. ML will take this district easily. After seeing them play Lakota, I don't see them losing to them at regionals either. My only worry is that ML came out flat in the 2nd quarter both games I saw them play last weekend. They should have had them wrapped up by the half.

i completely disagree on the ml will take the district easily..lets see if they can get passed langdon!
ndcommentor

Return to Girls