Hankinson Pirates

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hankinson Pirates

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:08 am

I want to hear how Hankinson will do this year? Have the Geffres grown any taller? What does Hankinson have and do they have a chance against Fairmount and Lidgerwood?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Hankinson Pirates

Postby philshometown » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:27 pm

They have the potential to go all the way. The Geffres seem a bit taller, about 5'9"....right now they are playing without two of their players, but should be full strength after the first of the year... :P
Last edited by philshometown on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:09 pm

I think Hankinson is still undefeated. Great job!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:10 pm

philshometown wrote:They have the potential to go all the way. The Geffre's seem a bit taller, about 5'9"....right now they are playing without two of their players, but should be full strength after the first of the year... :P

???
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 am

One was not eligible until last week, the other had mono, but both are back now.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison fan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Just wanna know if ya think Hankinson will beat fairmount
Bison fan

Postby philshometown » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:44 am

They certainly are capable of it! Even though Fairmount is a pretty tight team, and Sammi Schmidt is awesome, they are not deep at all, and the Pirates are using 9-10 players in every game.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby real_sports08 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:42 pm

the hankinson - fairmount game should be a great one to watch. recently f-c-t has been going 7 deep but they really don't need to. the 5 girls that they have on the floor could run the whole game and more. personally i believe f-c-t has the edge over hankinson because of the composure they showed through the district and regional tournament last year, and even tho they are young they all have experience and when you watch them they are all team leaders and encourage eachother.....most importantly, they play as a TEAM. it's not just one or two individuals doing the work and correct me if i'm wrong but i believe they have four girls averaging double figures right now.
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby philshometown » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Hankinson 54 - Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah 48

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:01 am

Hankinson boys and girls are both undefeated so far this year. Exciting time for the Pirates
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison fan » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:17 am

When do the pirates play lidgerwood or did they already??? :?:
Bison fan

Postby philshometown » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:51 am

January 12 in Hankinson.

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 pm

philshometown wrote:January 12 in Hankinson.

Why didn't Hankinson put in more fan seating when they built the new gym?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison fan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:05 am

i wondered that to Cuz they just put the bleachers on one side but it does hold more ppl
Bison fan

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:15 pm

When I saw Hankinson play last year there was a lot of dribbling and not enough passing. Didn't see a press breaker. I didn't recognize an offense. Some players got down on themselves and tried to do too much individually. I didn't see intense consistant defense and shots were forced.

What has changed this year to make them so much better? Or, is my assessment for last year wrong? Thanks
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:02 pm

I agree! They are still a young team, great defense, lots of talent, just need to learn to play some Team Offense!

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak Guy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:04 pm

EDC wrote:When I saw Hankinson play last year there was a lot of dribbling and not enough passing. Didn't see a press breaker. I didn't recognize an offense. Some players got down on themselves and tried to do too much individually. I didn't see intense consistant defense and shots were forced.

What has changed this year to make them so much better? Or, is my assessment for last year wrong? Thanks

From what I have been told, the girls got tired of listening to the coaches constant loudness, and pretty much tuned him out towards the end. They have a ton of talent this year, as you can tell by their record and the scores they have posted.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:35 pm

"From what I have been told, the girls got tired of listening to the coaches constant loudness, and pretty much tuned him out towards the end. They have a ton of talent this year, as you can tell by their record and the scores they have posted."

That's when they started losing, they were undefeated in conference play going into January last year also.

Let the players play, the parents parent, and the coaches coach.

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:04 pm

philshometown wrote:"From what I have been told, the girls got tired of listening to the coaches constant loudness, and pretty much tuned him out towards the end. They have a ton of talent this year, as you can tell by their record and the scores they have posted."

That's when they started losing, they were undefeated in conference play going into January last year also.

Let the players play, the parents parent, and the coaches coach.

I watched them play before christmas break and they will be solid down the line this season. Have a few relatives on the team so maybe I am just pulling for them Go Pirates!!!!!!!!
ICU

Postby EDC » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:36 pm

EDC wrote:When I saw Hankinson play last year there was a lot of dribbling and not enough passing. Didn't see a press breaker. I didn't recognize an offense. Some players got down on themselves and tried to do too much individually. I didn't see intense consistant defense and shots were forced.

The game I saw last year was toward the end of the season. Hopefully everybody is more mature (players, parents, coaches) this year if that was the problem last year. Gosh, both boys and girls undefeated - enjoy it. Magical time for Hankinson. Have fun and go and support the Pirates!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:39 am

The Pirates started off the year with an impressive win Friday night over Wyndmere - 77-30 at Wyndmere.

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Do you think that Hankinson is really the 3rd best Class B team in the state as the latest poll says? I would be surprised after all is done that they are.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:36 pm

I think there are a lot of fans who believe they are capable of going all the way, but the real test is in the final stretch!

"you gotta believe"!!

philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:07 pm

PBHoopster - what do you have to say about Hankinson. What is your evaluation of their chances to get to state and win some at state?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:28 pm

EDC wrote:PBHoopster - what do you have to say about Hankinson. What is your evaluation of their chances to get to state and win some at state?

Along with Central Cass and Fairmount I consider them 1 of the top 3 teams in the Region. They have a good defensive unit and alot of athleticism. I am very familar with the Geffre girls - my daughter has played with and against them for several years. I think if the opposition can get them in a half court game - take away the easy ones they get in transition and not turn it over alot on them they will be in the game come the 4th quarter. I still think Central Cass and Fairmount pose problems for them because of their low post play. The Pankows have not as of yet shown me they are strong post players. They may be but as of yet I don't recall seeing it.
pbhoopsters

Next

Return to Girls