Region 7

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 7

Postby American_Gangster » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:51 pm

whos everyone pick on this region
American_Gangster

Re: Region 7

Postby champ24 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:22 pm

One team: Bowman
champ24

Postby project-pat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:17 pm

champ24 wrote:One team: Bowman

Bowman may not be as good as everybody things. Of course, they have excellent starters, but they lack one thing...a bench.
project-pat

Postby champ24 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:30 am

project-pat wrote:

Bowman may not be as good as everybody things. Of course, they have excellent starters, but they lack one thing...a bench.

Don't really need a bench with 5 quality starters. They'll have a couple girls off the bench who can be role players and fill a need if necessary. They will be as good as advertised. Besides, who else in Region 7 will match them? Trinity maybe. And Heart River will have a solid team, but won't be able to compete with those two teams.
champ24

Postby thundercat 99 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:03 pm

Obviously, Bowman is the favorite for Region 7. But, I think that Trinity has an execellent team this year, and come regionals, these two will battle it out at the end. And if I'm not mistaken, Trinity goes to Bowman to start the season.
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mauer07 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:42 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:Obviously, Bowman is the favorite for Region 7. But, I think that Trinity has an execellent team this year, and come regionals, these two will battle it out at the end. And if I'm not mistaken, Trinity goes to Bowman to start the season.

ya Trinity does start out the season against bowman
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:52 pm

Bowman beat Trinity tonight by around 6 points, not sure on the final...in the 40's for both teams though. I'd say it was a pretty sloppy game overall, but that'll happen this early in the season. The ref's were very tentative with the whistle too, lots of tackling going on.
project-pat

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:47 am

Anything surprise you while watching that game?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 am

Bowman's turnover problem. I thought they were in too much of a "panic mode" during Trinity's press and they started turning it over alot. But, I guess you'll have that during the first game of the year, and I have not lost any faith in them. They played nice defense, and shot the ball extremely well.
project-pat

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:05 pm

You're right, these first games don't mean a whole lot down the road, but we all get excited the first few games of the year to see how everyone's going to fair
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:You're right, these first games don't mean a whole lot down the road, but we all get excited the first few games of the year to see how everyone's going to fair

I guess it was difficult for them to go against Trinity's tough style of defense, because of the lack of good defensive players to help out their varsity during practice. It'll be interesting to see what Coach Harding does to fix this issue.
project-pat

Postby thundercat 99 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 pm

I think these teams have a good shot of meeting again around tourney time. I expect another close game, with the w going either way. These teams are at the top of Region 7
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:19 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:I think these teams have a good shot of meeting again around tourney time. I expect another close game, with the w going either way. These teams are at the top of Region 7

Yeah...Trinity plays tough defense. The "Steiner Recliner" is a bruiser out there. I believe she should've been fouled out in the first five minutes haha, but that's basketball now a days.
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:43 am

yeah, they are beginning to be very ticki tack with the foul calling. why cant they go back to the old days of letting the bang and bump each other around a little bit
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby straightballer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:40 pm

champ24 wrote:
project-pat wrote:

Don't really need a bench with 5 quality starters. They'll have a couple girls off the bench who can be role players and fill a need if necessary. They will be as good as advertised. Besides, who else in Region 7 will match them? Trinity maybe. And Heart River will have a solid team, but won't be able to compete with those two teams.

Heart River didnt lose a thing from last years squad. They are going to be a legit team. Kubas and Jilek are solid and should be all region. O Ya and they just beat Watford City last night in Watford.
straightballer

Postby NDSUbison! » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:13 am

Thanks for the update there quincy!
NDSUbison!

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:28 am

seems to me like they are inconsistent...judging by the way they shot the ball against killdeer on tuesday
project-pat

Postby thundercat 99 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Trinity lost to Bottineau by 6 last night. They held Shaunna Knife to 7 or 8 points.
They seem like a team that could get better and knock someone off at the end of the year
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hawks » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 pm

Trinity beat Hebron 66-60 last night and let Bittner get 24, either Trinity is overrated of Hebron has really improved. Hebron did beat Hazen on Saturday.
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ICU » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:31 pm

shilohskyhawk wrote:Trinity beat Hebron 66-60 last night and let Bittner get 24, either Trinity is overrated of Hebron has really improved. Hebron did beat Hazen on Saturday.

Hebron has done a 180 since last season. They are a legit team.
ICU

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:20 pm

Bowman beat Thompson in their first game of the Hoopster tournament...54-27
project-pat

Postby ranger » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:34 am

And what do you, Bowman used their bench!! :D
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 pm

Welll...I think Heart River shouldve been alot better this year..
Have you seen them play?
It looks like all they work on in practice is yellin "BALL BALL BALL"
They have the players...just need to uhh work on something else other then screaming for the ball and wanting to shoot right away
SnuggleMuffin

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:40 am

WHat were the scores of the last 2 bowman games?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:36 am

Bowman County-50
Killdeer-31

Bowman County-50
Langdon-35
project-pat

Next

Return to Girls