Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby real_sports08 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:25 am

Any predictions on who will be selected Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year?? :?
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 1 Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby pbhoopsters » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:34 am

My natural inclination would be to say Sammi Schmit, however, since she won the Award for volleyball I am not sure the basketball folks will follow suit. Based on potential to succeed at the college level she would be my pick. I believe Killoran from Maple Valley and Bindas from Kindred will also get serious consideration.
pbhoopsters

Postby real_sports08 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:51 pm

nothing on cristan haase? i figured she'd be in for the running. and wouldn't sammi getting it just show that she is an all aound great athlete? if i'm not mistakin she was also recruited to play volleyball by a couple of schools.
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gophers18 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:49 pm

Is Fenske a sr from Northern Cass if so she might be another pick. Don't know her but have seen her play and very tough.
gophers18

Postby pbhoopsters » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:55 pm

real_sports08 wrote:nothing on cristan haase? i figured she'd be in for the running. and wouldn't sammi getting it just show that she is an all aound great athlete? if i'm not mistakin she was also recruited to play volleyball by a couple of schools.

I am not saying Sammi should not get it, I'm just saying that if some voters are trying to decide between her and another player they might opt for the other player simply to spread the recognition around.
pbhoopsters

Postby pbhoopsters » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:01 pm

gophers18 wrote:Is Fenske a sr from Northern Cass if so she might be another pick. Don't know her but have seen her play and very tough.

When Fenske wants to play she can be a great player but when she doesn't want to play she impresses nobody. I think attitude will impact the voters with Fenske. I think quitting the volleyball team will hurt her as well. I think an athlete's view on sportmanship impacts how voters vote on these awards. I could be all wrong but that is my opinion.
pbhoopsters

Postby sportfan2007 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 pm

My pick for Senior Athlete for District 1 would be Samantha Schmidt. I would have to say she would be at the top for Region 1 athlete as well. She's smooth and makes her team better just with her court presence. Killoran is up there as well for the region, along with Bindas. I haven't seen everyone play yet this season, so we'll see how things play out for the remainder. This class of seniors is full of talent.
sportfan2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:10 pm

sportfan2007 wrote:My pick for Senior Athlete for District 1 would be Samantha Schmidt. I would have to say she would be at the top for Region 1 athlete as well. She's smooth and makes her team better just with her court presence. Killoran is up there as well for the region, along with Bindas. I haven't seen everyone play yet this season, so we'll see how things play out for the remainder. This class of seniors is full of talent.

Bindas suffered a knee injury against Richland about a week and a half ago. It could be season ending. They scheduled her for an MRI. I have not yet heard what the results were. I would guess this could impact the voting for Senior Athlete as well.
pbhoopsters

Postby sportfan2007 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:17 am

pbhoopsters wrote:
sportfan2007 wrote:My pick for Senior Athlete for District 1 would be Samantha Schmidt. I would have to say she would be at the top for Region 1 athlete as well. She's smooth and makes her team better just with her court presence. Killoran is up there as well for the region, along with Bindas. I haven't seen everyone play yet this season, so we'll see how things play out for the remainder. This class of seniors is full of talent.

Bindas suffered a knee injury against Richland about a week and a half ago. It could be season ending. They scheduled her for an MRI. I have not yet heard what the results were. I would guess this could impact the voting for Senior Athlete as well.

That's too bad for Bindas. I really think she's quite the player...very polished. I hate to see this happen to a player....especially when it's their senior year. I hope she's able to recover and if not for the remainder of the season, at least for college. Does anyone know if she has signed to play anywhere ??
sportfan2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby jumpshot22 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Kristen Killoran from Maple Valley-this is an easy pick for District and Region player of the year.
jumpshot22

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:31 am

sportfan2007 wrote:
pbhoopsters wrote:

That's too bad for Bindas. I really think she's quite the player...very polished. I hate to see this happen to a player....especially when it's their senior year. I hope she's able to recover and if not for the remainder of the season, at least for college. Does anyone know if she has signed to play anywhere ??

Something else
by Eric Peterson, The Forum

Kindred senior forward Mandi Bindas was 33 points shy of the career school scoring record when she suffered a knee injury in late December that ended her season. She finished her career with 1,160 points. Jackie Parlsey, a standout at North Dakota State from 1989-93, holds the Kindred record with 1,193 points. ... The Central Cass girls basketball team has three players who have a scoring average in double figures. Freshman Taylor Kraft (13.8 points) along with juniors Ashleigh Nesemeier (10.0) and Abby Sprunk (10.0) have helped the Squirrels to a 9-2 record, which includes a 53-48 road victory against No. 3-ranked and previously unbeaten Hankinson (13-1) on Tuesday. Central Cass has won its last four games.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls