Coches from your district and/or region

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coches from your district and/or region

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm

We have all read about the best players from each district and region. I am curious about the best coaches. Who are the best ones out there? Plus, are there any up-and-comers that we haven't heard about yet?
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Coches from your district and/or region

Postby basketballer » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 pm

District 5- Ramona Meiklejohn-LaMoure
basketballer

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:33 pm

I believe that Kyle Morehart from Hillsboro is a great coach. He understands the game very well and he patiently teaches his girls the game. In all the games I have seen him coach he is a gentlemen on the court, modeling good behavior for his players. He has worked hard to bring that program back up to a competitive level in that region.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:18 pm

I belive Brad Bittner from Lisbons a good coch over 200 career victories and understands the game very well
lisbon bronco fan

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:43 pm

is Buerkley still the coach in HMB??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 pm

baseball wrote:is Buerkley still the coach in HMB??

scott baumiller according to the hoopster i think
rep

Postby rep » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:50 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:is Buerkley still the coach in HMB??

scott baumiller according to the hoopster i think

i'm a moron...wrong hoopster...yup bjerkle is the girls' coach
rep

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:00 am

Hinsa wrote:I believe that Kyle Morehart from Hillsboro is a great coach. He understands the game very well and he patiently teaches his girls the game. In all the games I have seen him coach he is a gentlemen on the court, modeling good behavior for his players. He has worked hard to bring that program back up to a competitive level in that region.

I agree Hinsa, Kyle should get some credit in Hillsboro. I'm sure the girls have worked hard, but someone has to jumpstart the program, and that's exactly what he did.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Kent Harding from Bowman is an outstanding coach, he doesnt get the recognition he deserves but he has built the Bowman Bulldogs into a powerhouse. there is great tradition of winning under him. he has taken three teams to the state tournament, not winning of course but in Region 7 that is hard to do. he is on pace to be in the championship game at state this year, and i think he deserves a little bit of credit
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Mike Forsberg from Bottineau - winningest active girls coach in Class B if I'm not mistaken - which I could be. Gets the most out of his players all the time - knows how to coach a 10-11 person rotation and make it work - not many coaches can do that - granted not many coaches have that option, but its still pretty tough to do in my opinion.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundercat 99 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Roughrider wrote:Kent Harding from Bowman is an outstanding coach, he doesnt get the recognition he deserves but he has built the Bowman Bulldogs into a powerhouse. there is great tradition of winning under him. he has taken three teams to the state tournament, not winning of course but in Region 7 that is hard to do. he is on pace to be in the championship game at state this year, and i think he deserves a little bit of credit

I agree, Region 7 is always tough, and to do what he has done is very impressive. He seems he knows what he is doing out there.
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:
Roughrider wrote:Kent Harding from Bowman is an outstanding coach, he doesnt get the recognition he deserves but he has built the Bowman Bulldogs into a powerhouse. there is great tradition of winning under him. he has taken three teams to the state tournament, not winning of course but in Region 7 that is hard to do. he is on pace to be in the championship game at state this year, and i think he deserves a little bit of credit

I agree, Region 7 is always tough, and to do what he has done is very impressive. He seems he knows what he is doing out there.

i agree totally. i like how he does things on the court.

who are some of the other coaches in region 7?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsmart » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:12 am

lisbon bronco fan wrote:I belive Brad Bittner from Lisbons a good coch over 200 career victories and understands the game very well

Too predictable...
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby morethanagame » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:57 am

lisbon bronco fan wrote:I belive Brad Bittner from Lisbons a good coch over 200 career victories and understands the game very well

Wow, no bias here haha. I think that many people would argue this one. I doubt that he would even make the top 5 in Region 1 because it is filled with so many great coaches. Nothing against Bittner, I just think people either love him or hate him. Just my opinion though.
morethanagame

Postby vikes123 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:19 am

Coach Jason Schwarz is coaching in Kenmare and there is some very athletic girls and I'm guessing he will take Region 6 coach of the year. He will also upset the very tough Botno stars. Kenmare will be one of the top 10 teams in the state
vikes123

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:37 am

vikes123 wrote:Coach Jason Schwarz is coaching in Kenmare and there is some very athletic girls and I'm guessing he will take Region 6 coach of the year. He will also upset the very tough Botno stars. Kenmare will be one of the top 10 teams in the state

wow...you didnt say he might or will have a chance so im gonna guess your gauranteeing a Kenmare win over Botno??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:53 am

Wow...I guess that Volleyball State Championship has gone to their heads.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:02 pm

The most underrated coach in region 2 is Rick Sondrol IMO. No matter the talent level he always produces hard working, scrappy teams. He is very positive and knows the game as much as anyone. I look for him to lead the valliants a long way this season.
PA42

Postby vikes123 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:55 pm

baseball wrote:
vikes123 wrote:Coach Jason Schwarz is coaching in Kenmare and there is some very athletic girls and I'm guessing he will take Region 6 coach of the year. He will also upset the very tough Botno stars. Kenmare will be one of the top 10 teams in the state

wow...you didnt say he might or will have a chance so im gonna guess your gauranteeing a Kenmare win over Botno??

This guy knows his basketball more than any other coach in the state!
vikes123

Postby vikes123 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 am

Baller wrote:Wow...I guess that Volleyball State Championship has gone to their heads.

Well the season hasn't even started yet so I don't know why you guys think Botno's already unstoppable!
vikes123

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

vikes123 wrote:
baseball wrote:

i dunno....ive seen coaches that know basketball but thats not the point. just because the coach knows basketball doesnt automatically mean he is going to beat a great team. im not saying kenmare doesnt have good players cuz i dont know, but to beat botno you need that coach that knows basketball like you say AND very good players
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikes123 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 pm

baseball wrote:
vikes123 wrote:
baseball wrote:

i dunno....ive seen coaches that know basketball but thats not the point. just because the coach knows basketball doesnt automatically mean he is going to beat a great team. im not saying kenmare doesnt have good players cuz i dont know, but to beat botno you need that coach that knows basketball like you say AND very good players

Well I'm just saying he'll get the most out of them girls and I think it's going to be interesting come tournament time!
vikes123

Postby COACHWEST » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:58 am

Does he got run out of town the first time he loses to Botno....or will the parents give him 2 seasons to work with before they run him out????
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes123 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:46 pm

COACHWEST wrote:Does he got run out of town the first time he loses to Botno....or will the parents give him 2 seasons to work with before they run him out????

haha well if it's berthold they kick him out the first season because he probably yelled too much or something retarded, haha but i'm guessing if it happens Kenmares smart enough to recognize a good coach.
vikes123

Postby number_one_fan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:05 pm

sportsmart wrote:

Too predictable...

Yes I totally agree with you. You can usually expect them to come out in a slow it down type of offense with a man to man defense. Just my 2 cents.
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls