Top Point Guards from each Region

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby hoops2007 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Who are some of the top returning point guards from each region ?? 
hoops2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:21 am

Region 8 is a no-brainer.   Paige Anderson from Watford City.  That is for a true point guard that can also score.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 am

region 3 - lindsey sand from steele and jada meiklejohn from lamoure
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:45 am

Region 4 - Bobbi Grann from Mwkn-Leeds.  She's not your typical true point guard offensively, but her quickness and defense set her apart from most point guards.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:48 am

Sammi Baldwin - out of Grafton, a transfer from Drayton - St Thomas, has struck me as the best point guard in Class B basketball. Not only can she score and dish but she also is a very good rebounder. I believe she averages over 5 rebounds a game - maybe more. I watched her play this summer and she does an extremely good job at boxing out and has a great nose for the ball. She is a great leader and extremely competitive.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby cutter90 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm

kali kutz a soph from carrington is a very good passer and scorer
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby Biff » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:35 am

Region 7 is a Jr. returning starter Sheyenne Plummer, from Trinity.
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SDHoops » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:19 pm

Kristin Bearstail..I guess you can consider her a 1/2 guard combo. Had 39 points (10 threes) in a game in a youth tournament in Montana this past summer. Shiloh Christian I forgot which region.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Region 1- Jordyn campbell -FCT   young player will be good

Shelby Krueger- FSHP good shot, quick, good dribbler and plays tough d

just a couple i've seen any others in the region?

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:27 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:Sammi Baldwin - out of Grafton, a transfer from Drayton - St Thomas, has struck me as the best point guard in Class B basketball. Not only can she score and dish but she also is a very good rebounder. I believe she averages over 5 rebounds a game - maybe more. I watched her play this summer and she does an extremely good job at boxing out and has a great nose for the ball. She is a great leader and extremely competitive.

saw her name in the hoopster a few times, she's the #4 returning scorer in the state, #1 returning in assists, #9 in BLOCKED SHOTS?, also up there for steals and rebounds- fairly high for a Pt guard.  can that blocked shots number be right?  she's only about 5'5"

I'm with pbhoopsters, baldwin definitely is the #1 pt guard in region 2.  A fairly close 2nd is Maddi Lamb- she is just fun to watch, a different player than baldwin.

Samantha Heier from Ray, I was reading about her, is she a pt guard?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoops2007 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:23 am

A couple more out of Region 1 to watch:

Alycia Kramer from Lidgerwood.  She was all conference and all district last season. 

Haley Wittenburg from Wyndmere. 
hoops2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:21 am

Steph Brossart.....party of three? Steph Brossart?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:05 pm

Never heard of her.  Where's she from?
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thundercat 99 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:57 pm

the one from trinity impressed me last year, very good shooter
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:Never heard of her.  Where's she from?

Steph Brossart is a point guard from Minot Ryan. She has started since her freshman year. She played ECI over the summer. First Team All-Region last season in region 6.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Well I don't know if Shaunna Knife will play point guard for bottineau, but she played a true point guard and scoring point guard position when needed to. If she does play point guard, she will be the best point guard in the state IMO.
ball23

Postby sioux10 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:38 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:Sammi Baldwin - out of Grafton, a transfer from Drayton - St Thomas, has struck me as the best point guard in Class B basketball. Not only can she score and dish but she also is a very good rebounder. I believe she averages over 5 rebounds a game - maybe more. I watched her play this summer and she does an extremely good job at boxing out and has a great nose for the ball. She is a great leader and extremely competitive.

i definitely agree pbhoopsters, baldwin is an amazing point guard and will do wonders for the Grafton spoilers. I think they are the team to beat in region 2 and maybe in the state.     does anyone know if baldwin's going to play college ball and if where?
sioux10

Postby gfan3 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:16 pm

sioux10 wrote:

i definitely agree pbhoopsters, baldwin is an amazing point guard and will do wonders for the Grafton spoilers. I think they are the team to beat in region 2 and maybe in the state.     does anyone know if baldwin's going to play college ball and if where?

i agree with both of you, baldwin is one of the best n like you said with her on the team grafton will be a tough team to beat in the state
gfan3

Postby hammer63 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:58 am

Samatha Baldwin was something like 20 points 5 rebounds and 8 assists as a junior she the best in Region 2

others are Maddi Lamb from Dakota Prairie and I think Erin Ericson is a point guard at Hatton Northwood. Callie Nelson from GCC isn't half bad either.
hammer63

Postby baseball222 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:47 am

Didn't Ericson graduate?
baseball222

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:16 am

No, she was on the Hatton-Northwood team that went to state when she was a freshaman and she hit like 4 or 5 threes in one game.  She will probably put up more shots this year with Reiter gone, unless H-N has someone else who is going to step up to take those shots.  Is she going to play college ball, has anyone heard?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby loveclassB BB » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:54 am

SDHoops wrote:Kristin Bearstail..I guess you can consider her a 1/2 guard combo. Had 39 points (10 threes) in a game in a youth tournament in Montana this past summer. Shiloh Christian I forgot which region.

Lyndi Anderson from this region is right up there too.  She's a "returning player to watch" as listed in the Hoopster (as is Bearstail) and Anderson is number one in the state for steals...that includes class A..with 150 steals.  I think she's like 15th on the scoring list and made the assist list too.
loveclassB BB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:56 am

loveclassB BB wrote:
SDHoops wrote:Kristin Bearstail..I guess you can consider her a 1/2 guard combo. Had 39 points (10 threes) in a game in a youth tournament in Montana this past summer. Shiloh Christian I forgot which region.

Lyndi Anderson from this region is right up there too.  She's a "returning player to watch" as listed in the Hoopster (as is Bearstail) and Anderson is number one in the state for steals...that includes class A..with 150 steals.  I think she's like 15th on the scoring list and made the assist list too.

Lyndi Anderson is a solid point guard. Better ball handler that Kristin Bearstail but Kristin is a better pure shooter..

Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby loveclassB BB » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:28 am

Agreed, Watcher..I think Anderson's ppg might be just above Bearstail's but I bet her % is under Kristin's by quite a bit. Hope to see them oppose eachother this year...should be fun to watch.
loveclassB BB
NDPreps Rookie

Re:

Postby sports911 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:23 am

But the thing is...she only moved to Grafton to get recognized! Thats pretty much putting the team she did have back in Drayton-St. Thomas to the ground because she wans't there. Thats a pretty low move on her part.
sports911

Next

Return to Girls