Top Point Guards from each Region

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Point Guards from each Region

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:44 pm

kelsey peltier from bottineau is by far the best point guard, she's only a sophomore, but she see's the court really well, not much of a scorer but can pass the ball for easy assists. she will be unstopable as a senior.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvbball_5 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Grafton also lost last night to Bottineau..which i really saw coming..and Bottineau's center wasn't able to play that game as she had an injury...another good senior in the district is Katie Ralston..i've heard she has been avg. about 20 points a game this year...I watched Erin Ericson out of Hatton-Northwood less than 2 weeks ago and she is a very good player too....one that really blew my mind was some Lueck...out of Enderlin. She was everywhere, she had tons of steals, where ever the ball was, she was.....There will definately be a competition this year with Houdek, Baldwin, Adamsen, and Ralston. And yes, sammi is a very selfish player at times..if she doesn't have the most points, then the game isn't over....its dumb...i think she needs to think about the TEAM and not only herself...
luvbball_5

Postby spoilers23 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:57 pm

luvbball_5 wrote:Grafton also lost last night to Bottineau..which i really saw coming..and Bottineau's center wasn't able to play that game as she had an injury...another good senior in the district is Katie Ralston..i've heard she has been avg. about 20 points a game this year...I watched Erin Ericson out of Hatton-Northwood less than 2 weeks ago and she is a very good player too....one that really blew my mind was some Lueck...out of Enderlin. She was everywhere, she had tons of steals, where ever the ball was, she was.....There will definately be a competition this year with Houdek, Baldwin, Adamsen, and Ralston. And yes, sammi is a very selfish player at times..if she doesn't have the most points, then the game isn't over....its dumb...i think she needs to think about the TEAM and not only herself...

ralston is actually a junior and hasnt had less than 23 points in a game this year
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:35 am

This topic is about top "point guards", if you want to discuss the 2-guard, start a topic on that. Ask questions if you don't know who a team's point guard is. Ralston is a very good player, and deserves to be discussed as a top player, but just start a topic about the best overall player.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twoadays » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:51 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:This topic is about top "point guards", if you want to discuss the 2-guard, start a topic on that. Ask questions if you don't know who a team's point guard is. Ralston is a very good player, and deserves to be discussed as a top player, but just start a topic about the best overall player.

I agree..hoop fan1...I think we should stay on topic. Maybe discuss the top 2 or 3 from each region and follow their seasons.
twoadays

Postby Jayhawk_fan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:14 pm

Heather Carlson from Rolla is a realy good point guard from region 4. she realy diserved to make all-district team last year but...... and plus the fact that shes only a sophmore. just someone to look out for in the coming years
Jayhawk_fan

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:55 am

I recently had an opportunity to see Lidgerwood play and was very impressed with Alycia Kramer. Personally, I think it is difficult to find players in that position that really possess the skills needed to play that position. Alycia is one of those players that made it evident that she not only plays point guard but IS a point guard.

She is the floor leader of her team. She doe a great job of handling the ball and looks to get the ball to the player in scoring position. I also was impressed at how well she was able to take the ball to the hoop from the left side of the court. She has good court vision and is an all around good point guard. Kudos to Alycia Kramer!
pbhoopsters

Postby luvbball_5 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:03 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:This topic is about top "point guards", if you want to discuss the 2-guard, start a topic on that. Ask questions if you don't know who a team's point guard is. Ralston is a very good player, and deserves to be discussed as a top player, but just start a topic about the best overall player.

The top point guard will be a very difficult answer....we have to wait and see..the season just started!...Senior player in the district will probably be someone from Grafton...Ralston is only a junior or else i'd definately vote her over anyone else....one thing that blows me off track, is who will be the top player in the region?...luek, ericson, baldwin, bottineau girls, it's going to be an interesting season...Heggen is also a senior this year. What do you guys think about her? she probably could help out alot on the boards...
luvbball_5

Postby gtown #1 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:03 pm

luvbball_5 wrote:

The top point guard will be a very difficult answer....we have to wait and see..the season just started!...Senior player in the district will probably be someone from Grafton...Ralston is only a junior or else i'd definately vote her over anyone else....one thing that blows me off track, is who will be the top player in the region?...luek, ericson, baldwin, bottineau girls, it's going to be an interesting season...Heggen is also a senior this year. What do you guys think about her? she probably could help out alot on the boards...

Jenny heggen is not that good at bball shes tall thats about it, but Tiffany Mcmillian from flpr is a very talented piont guard shes improved alot this year
gtown #1

Postby dakota » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:31 am

Jayhawk_fan wrote:Heather Carlson from Rolla is a realy good point guard from region 4. she realy diserved to make all-district team last year but...... and plus the fact that shes only a sophmore. just someone to look out for in the coming years

Carlson is good. She is really good at seeing the entire floor, and makes some great passes. She can put the ball in the bucket too.
dakota
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:39 pm

Katie Ralston for FLPR is a very good point guard. She's only a Junior and has really improved each year. Last year she dropped around 25 in the region championship game against M-M. Her and Lexi Erickson (sophomore) are a very good tandem at guard to have for this team. FLPR is a team to keep an eye on this year and next year. This year they will lose one starter in Jenny Hegen who is very good in the paint. They really push the tempo of the game well and wear down the opposition. Last night against NB they once held a 36-3 lead, by halftime it was 38-10 I believe.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby #28 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:01 pm

yah steph brossart has mad game
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:45 pm

rep wrote:region 3 - lindsey sand from steele and jada meiklejohn from lamoure

Rep, didn't you say in your blog that Jada only needs one more point to hit 1000? When is LaMoure's next game?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Re: Re:

Postby rep » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:05 pm

luckyinlife wrote:
rep wrote:region 3 - lindsey sand from steele and jada meiklejohn from lamoure

Rep, didn't you say in your blog that Jada only needs one more point to hit 1000? When is LaMoure's next game?

jan 4 at sargent central i believe
rep

Postby sportfan2007 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:12 am

pbhoopsters wrote:I recently had an opportunity to see Lidgerwood play and was very impressed with Alycia Kramer. Personally, I think it is difficult to find players in that position that really possess the skills needed to play that position. Alycia is one of those players that made it evident that she not only plays point guard but IS a point guard.

She is the floor leader of her team. She doe a great job of handling the ball and looks to get the ball to the player in scoring position. I also was impressed at how well she was able to take the ball to the hoop from the left side of the court. She has good court vision and is an all around good point guard. Kudos to Alycia Kramer!

I agree with you on this. Kramer handles the ball very well and can score. She's fun to watch.
sportfan2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan321 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:51 am

dakota wrote:
Jayhawk_fan wrote:Heather Carlson from Rolla is a realy good point guard from region 4. she realy diserved to make all-district team last year but...... and plus the fact that shes only a sophmore. just someone to look out for in the coming years

Carlson is good. She is really good at seeing the entire floor, and makes some great passes. She can put the ball in the bucket too.

I agree with both of you very much. Heather Carlson is a very good, smart player. She can score, pass, play defense, and dribble very good both ways. She can also think quick on her feet. She can put on one of her awesome moves that she has and get it to the bucket. Besides all that, she is only a sophmore! Thats someone i would look out for in the future!
bballfan321

Postby powerade » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Bearstail Region 5 is up there, the best guard to come from this region since Kendra Grubb. Not only can she handle the ball better than anyone in this district she can shoot and drive better.
She is an outstanding player and so fun to watch her take over a game.
powerade

Postby beachy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Region one has also has a tough Cody Geffree she can dribble out of anything...courtney titus i also good form hank...then you got AK from lidgerwood and Jordyn Campbell from fairmount.. cody will be fun to watch at state
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby chippy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:40 am

emily paul! thats all that needs to be said
chippy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Chippy, on what do you base your opinion besides puppy love?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls