AAU Girls BB Super Regional Tournament - Fargo South May 12-

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:37 pm

For those of you who would like to come and watch some (I do not want to offend anyone) of the best basketball players in ND, SD, and MN play in an AAU tournament there will be an opportunity soon in Fargo. The Tournament will take place at Fargo South and Discovery Middle School the weekend of May 12-13. For details on the teams playing and for tournament information check out http://www.ndaau.org. Many NAIA and D-II coaches are expected to be at the tournament looking for players.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Fri May 04, 2007 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue May 15, 2007 5:08 am

Question, pb- how did our ND teams do at the super regional last weekend?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 am

I am sorry it has taken so long to reply. I expected us to do better than we did. We did not win alot of games but were competitive in most. I thought our offense was good but we did not play well defensively. We are allowing good post players to get the ball too easily. We are not denying wing passes very well and need to pressure the ball better.

We play again the weekend of June 15th down in Bloomington, Mn. Our practices will emphasize defense much more than they have in the past. We will work on improving "three-quartering" in the low post and being much more aggressive in the passing lanes.  We will be playing back in Fargo - I think the site has been moved to Shanley - the weekend of June 23rd. I am hopeful our defensive aggressiveness will have improved by then.

Offensively, we need to work more on spacing to open up the floor and making the appropriate defensive read. I still think we have a lot of potential but it is a matter of getting players who have not played much together an opportunity to develop some chemistry.
pbhoopsters

Return to Girls