All-State Team

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:10 am

I didn't think Christine Miller would make 1st team.  But I forget this is a political thing, plus-her team had a good showing at the state tournament.  Good for her.  Also, I wish I could have seen players like Killoran- heard lots of good things aobut her, I think she's only a junior, is that correct?

What do others think about some of these picks?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:01 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:I didn't think Christine Miller would make 1st team.  But I forget this is a political thing, plus-her team had a good showing at the state tournament.  Good for her.  Also, I wish I could have seen players like Killoran- heard lots of good things aobut her, I think she's only a junior, is that correct?

yup killoran is a junior and is a good player...she gets 95% of her points of of steals though so i don't think she would have scored as much if she had played higher level teams
Last edited by Carl08 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:42 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:I didn't think Christine Miller would make 1st team.  But I forget this is a political thing, plus-her team had a good showing at the state tournament.  Good for her.  Also, I wish I could have seen players like Killoran- heard lots of good things aobut her, I think she's only a junior, is that correct?

Haven't seen a lot of the players on the all-state teams, but IMO, Christine Miller was a no-brainer. Not really any major weaknesses in her game. I think having a good state tourney helped her, but she was the best player in Region 8 IMO (no disrespect to Bratlien or Paige Anderson). Teryl Norton and Kayla Roemmich were two players I thought could be first-teamers, but I know Roemmich was hurt for part of the year.

Y-not Daily

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:12 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:

Haven't seen a lot of the players on the all-state teams, but IMO, Christine Miller was a no-brainer. Not really any major weaknesses in her game. I think having a good state tourney helped her, but she was the best player in Region 8 IMO (no disrespect to Bratlien or Paige Anderson). Teryl Norton and Kayla Roemmich were two players I thought could be first-teamers, but I know Roemmich was hurt for part of the year.

When I meant I didn't think she would get 1st team is I thought Norton would get it for sure, which would have put someone else on 2nd team.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:[user=1794]hoop_fan1[/user] wrote:
I didn't think Christine Miller would make 1st team.  But I forget this is a political thing, plus-her team had a good showing at the state tournament.  Good for her.  Also, I wish I could have seen players like Killoran- heard lots of good things aobut her, I think she's only a junior, is that correct?

Roemmich should have been a no-brainer first teamer. She was the best player on the state championship team and she was all-state last year as well. I didn't think she missed that much and I felt she deserved it over Bender, who had good numbers considering her team had its worst season in a while. Ally Bender from MLS was a good player, but I felt she was a second teamer.

As far as Norton goes, her numbers just weren't good enough to warrant a first-team selection. I thought she had a better junior season, statistically, though her team did get farther.
Last edited by Wildcat on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sioux10 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:39 pm

can anyone tell me why kristina schuster made it over sammy baldwin, betsy dickson, or kallie erickson??
sioux10

Postby Carl08 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:06 pm

ya the way people talked up Betsy Dickson on this site i thought she would at least make 2nd team over players like Bindas or Killoran and ive never seen her play so i don;t know but it seems like the All-State Teams for both class A and B had a LOT  to do with politics and how much media attention the players got throughout the year
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby ladyballer11 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:26 pm

sammy baldwin should have been a given...also jenna gillett
ladyballer11

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:50 pm

Carl08 wrote:ya the way people talked up Betsy Dickson on this site i thought she would at least make 2nd team over players like Bindas or Killoran and ive never seen her play so i don;t know but it seems like the All-State Teams for both class A and B had a LOT  to do with politics and how much media attention the players got throughout the year

Part of the problem is the online voting. I think everyone agreed that Dickson was a heck of a player, but the people that vote on-line can only see the numbers and not much else.

The same was true with a guy like Tyler Cook from New Rockford-Sheyenne a few years ago (although I think he was a first-teamer). He didn't even average 10 points a game, but was definitely a stud.

Anyway, I think a lot of colleges are after Dickson so she'll get her just reward.
Y-not Daily

Postby rep » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:35 pm

i thought eckroth got hosed...she was the only person at the state tournament that was able to slow down roehmich, until late in the game anyway. she had a pretty rough tournament scoring-wise though...that probably stuck with some people.

but still, when sand goes out with foul trouble and you turn point duties over to your center, i think that says something about all-around talent.
rep

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:54 am

SCC wrote:
ladyballer11 wrote:sammy baldwin should have been a given...also jenna gillett

There were already four from region 2 on the all-state team.

lady baller11 is probably right.  I don't know baldwin's final stats for the year-but they would rival anyone on 1st or 2nd team I would guess, which if that's what people see, she should've been a lock.   However, SCC has a point, already 4 from Reg 2, & Schuster is a good choice.  Also, Haines from Hillsboro is big & had good #'s-tough to argue against that choice.  They're all seniors, baldwin/jenna g. are juniors.  If i could only pick one player to have on my team, it would probably be dickson, but she doesn't have the stats to make all-state. 

Just one question for anyone, someone make a case for Paige Anderson- her #'s don't look that great, she's only a jr, her team wasn't at the state tourney.  Don't hear that much about her.  I'm sure she's deserving, but I'd like to hear from someone.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:13 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:
SCC wrote:

lady baller11 is probably right.  I don't know baldwin's final stats for the year-but they would rival anyone on 1st or 2nd team I would guess, which if that's what people see, she should've been a lock.   However, SCC has a point, already 4 from Reg 2, & Schuster is a good choice.  Also, Haines from Hillsboro is big & had good #'s-tough to argue against that choice.  They're all seniors, baldwin/jenna g. are juniors.  If i could only pick one player to have on my team, it would probably be dickson, but she doesn't have the stats to make all-state. 

Just one question for anyone, someone make a case for Paige Anderson- her #'s don't look that great, she's only a jr, her team wasn't at the state tourney.  Don't hear that much about her.  I'm sure she's deserving, but I'd like to hear from someone.

I don't know if you remember watching Paige at the state a year ago, but she was all that and more this year.  She has improved from already being a heckuva player.  I only saw her play a handful of games this year, and Watford did not make a lot of noise (they probably played one of the most difficult schedules in the state), but Anderson is flat out All State material.  Her #'s probably are not great, but she is the ultimate team player.  There has been a lot of talk elsewhere on this board about pure point guards.  IMO she's right up there.....but can really score ..when Coach Suelzle asks her to.  Her court sense is remarkable.

It happens every year, deserving players are left off of the all-state teams or other awards, but I don't think you can really argue with those that are selected either.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:16 am

COACHWEST wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:
SCC wrote:

I don't know if you remember watching Paige at the state a year ago, but she was all that and more this year.  She has improved from already being a heckuva player.  I only saw her play a handful of games this year, and Watford did not make a lot of noise (they probably played one of the most difficult schedules in the state), but Anderson is flat out All State material.  Her #'s probably are not great, but she is the ultimate team player.  There has been a lot of talk elsewhere on this board about pure point guards.  IMO she's right up there.....but can really score ..when Coach Suelzle asks her to.  Her court sense is remarkable.

It happens every year, deserving players are left off of the all-state teams or other awards, but I don't think you can really argue with those that are selected either.
Thanks COACHWEST for the info!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tripleb » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:19 am

Just curious.  Does anyone know of a website where they would list All-State Teams going back to the 60's or 70's?
tripleb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:19 pm

sioux10 wrote:can anyone tell me why kristina schuster made it over sammy baldwin, betsy dickson, or kallie erickson??

Makes no sense at all. Schuster is a one dimensional player and doesnt really do anything to make anyone around her better. The other three named are MUCH more complete players and quite frankly it is a JOKE that Baldwin is not on the team. What more do you have to do? 20+pts, 7.5 Reb, 6.5 assists! Who else has numbers even close to that from the point. The next closest has to be Dickson and she only lacks in the scoring department because it wasnt needed from her. Anyone who saw her at state would have seen it is not because she cant score, but rather by being unselfish (and partly because of a couple of black holes, ball goes in but doesnt come back out).

Baldwin clearly deserved to be there!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls