Future 07-08 teams to watch

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:04 am

i say New Town will be tough again in Region 8 with Kristen miller coming back and Shayna Taft
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 am

Im gonna say Botno because they still have Kayla Roemmich and with the new addition of Shaunna Knife, they'll be tough to stop...can we say 3 peat or not yet
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:16 am

Don't Count out new salem....yeah they lost all 10 seniors...but they had some younger ones on the bench and their JV went undefeated this past year.....plus flasher lost everyone and they have no prospects
bigpoppakdog

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:16 pm

You cant sleep on Bowman. They lose one player from this years roster and she wasnt even one of the top 10 best on the team. With the state tournament experience from this year i think Bowman will be a tough team to beat in 2008. They have great players in Abby Nasset, Brittany Anderson, and Lindsay Tivis. So beware of the Bulldogs
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballman » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:48 am

Carrington has a nice mix of players returning nest season. They return 2 full-time starters and one that started every now and then.
basketballman

Postby run-n-gun » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:13 pm

bill wrote:botno is going to win state again they are only losing 2 people and they have probably the best bench in the whole state

Ummm ya, bowman is only losing 1 player on their WHOLE team. The bulldogs took 4th and can only do better next year.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby COACHWEST » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:14 am

run-n-gun wrote:
bill wrote:botno is going to win state again they are only losing 2 people and they have probably the best bench in the whole state

Ummm ya, bowman is only losing 1 player on their WHOLE team. The bulldogs took 4th and can only do better next year.

Careful!!  Last year means very little next year.  Your logic makes sense, but a year of time makes a large difference in what can happen.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Yes I agree, lots of times for injuries and stuff like that
project-pat

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:17 pm

One team from Region 7 that I was very impressed with was Beach. They were very young, (two 8th graders played substantial minutes) and very well coached. They may be a few years away yet, but they may open a few eyes next year in Dist. 13 and Region 7.
ndfbfan

Postby Roughrider » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:31 pm

ndfbfan wrote:One team from Region 7 that I was very impressed with was Beach. They were very young, (two 8th graders played substantial minutes) and very well coached. They may be a few years away yet, but they may open a few eyes next year in Dist. 13 and Region 7.

i agree with you. I think that Beach is going to turn some heads next year in Region 7, but I think that Bowman will be too much and they will win the Region again and maybe even the state title if they can get by bottneau
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kobe4mvp » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:51 pm

bballplayer09 wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions of what team may be a good team to watch next year?
this isn't really a suggestion but uh BOTTINEAU STARS. Returning Kayla Reomich. all-state 2 years in a row and sophmore sensation Shaunna Knife transfering from TMCHS. and lets not forget all the other returning players from last year. I see Mission Accomplished 3 for the bottineau stars and not only that I see another season sweep for the stars..28-0. and whats all this about recruiting are you serious if shaunna knife wasn't one of the best players in the state no one would be making a big deal about it. i think it's just all the towns that see there chances of winning state slowly but surely fading away because of the team bottineau is going to have...and get this the season hasn't even started yet!
kobe4mvp

Postby sp_3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:25 am

Watch out for Grafton from Region 2. They were above average last year and with the addition of junior standout point guard Samantha Baldwin they will have all the elements it takes to make it 2 the state tourney!
sp_3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:00 am

Is this the Sammy Baldwin we read about so much.  Is she transferring to Grafton?
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 pm

those are the rumors
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 pm

I heard that this morning too,  i heard she's starting school in grafton this sprin yet?  Does anyone else know this for sure?  What is her dad going to do, will he still coach Drayton-st thomas?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 pm

I've heard she'd be in Grafton tomorrow, and i also heard not until Monday.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:35 pm

I was told by pretty solid source she is open enrolling in Grafton and will be in school tomorrow. She won't be able to play volleyball next year and sounded like she will miss a few bb games. This will really help Grafton out, they have some pretty good girls down low, and Baldwin will definitely give them solid guard play next year. A team to watch out for in Region 2 next year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:33 am

heard this about 3rd hand, but the rumor is Brent Baldwin stepped down at Drayton-Saint Thomas.  Makes sense I guess if he isn't coaching his daughter anymore.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sp_3 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:38 am

Sam started school in Grafton last friday and there was a meeting in which Coach Brent Baldwin announced hes resignation to the players and staff. I heard Sam is moving in with her aunt Graftons head coach.
sp_3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bluesclues » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:37 pm

she is not living with her aunt, she is living with her family in st thomas
Last edited by bluesclues on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesclues

Postby ndfan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:44 am

I'm not sure her living status but I'm bet she is living with her family, St Thomas isn't that far from Grafton and she open enrolled there so she is gonna have to do the time no matter where or who she is living with.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cd » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:37 am

I heard that Roemich was moving to Mandan as she has relatives there and with all the jobs available in Bismarck/Mandan that is a possibility for her dad.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:56 am

cd wrote:I heard that Roemich was moving to Mandan as she has relatives there and with all the jobs available in Bismarck/Mandan that is a possibility for her dad.

even if her dad gets a job elsewhere...she is going to stay in Bottineau for her senior year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Biff » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Hazen will give Bowman a run for their money in Region 7.   My money is on the Bison to represent Region 7 in next years Class B.

Everybody is completly overlooking the great talent they have in their upcoming sophomore class.  That's real talent and dedication, by mid-summer, they will surpass any Bulldog.
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:48 am

Biff wrote:Hazen will give Bowman a run for their money in Region 7.   My money is on the Bison to represent Region 7 in next years Class B.

Everybody is completly overlooking the great talent they have in their upcoming sophomore class.  That's real talent and dedication, by mid-summer, they will surpass any Bulldog.

Come on. Bowman is returning everybody. If that team stays healthy, they will win Region 7.  I'm not disagreeing that there is some talent there, but its a few years away. Bowman is much too strong.
ndfbfan

PreviousNext

Return to Girls