SR. PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby benchwarmer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:05 pm

[align=left] I feel the need to say a few things about Kirstie Gillett. I'm from her home town of Tolna and know her quite well. She used to baby sit my kids when they were younger and I have watched her grow up so I will put in my two cents. I wish DP could have made it to State one of the last two years so people across the state could have seen her play. She's an amazing ball player. But whether you have seen her play or not her ability on the floor is only half the package.                                     At most DP games, before the team heads to the locker, you will find Kiristie in the stands visiting the Seniors. No, not her classmates, Senior citizens.  Asking them how they are and thanking them for coming to the game. If you meet her in the hall it doesn't matter if you are 4 or 84, she has the time to stop and talk hoops or look you in the eye and say thanks after getting compliments after a good game.                     This is a girl that felt bad for her good friend Abby Reiter when Kiristie recieved Dist. 3 player of the year and Abby didn't.      This is a girl who after practice one night, along with her cousin, drove to a benifit supper at a rural church for a young girl with leukemia, only to find all the food put away. She just dropped money in the bucket and said,"we just want to show our support", and left.            These are just a few examples of the kind of kid Kirstie is.            So if you are disappointed that your Regions' Senior didn't win Senior Player of the Year, know that this award went to a great athlete and a great kid.            Good things happen to good people and Kiristie is one of those good people.     I'm so proud to know Kiristie Gillett.                      Way to go K.G. [/align]
Last edited by benchwarmer on Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benchwarmer

Postby sioux10 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:23 pm

Not only is she a great player, person, but also a good friend.  Some MM people told me that Kirstie and some other DP girls showed up at the MM pizza party banquet at the state tournament.  All eyes were on them and they went and congratulated the MM players on a great season.  She is a wonderful person on and off the court and she deserves this award more than anyone.  Congratulations!!!!
sioux10

Postby sioux10 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:03 pm

I think Dickson from MM and reiter and gillett all played together this summer on an aau team so it just shows that they reiter and gillett are very good supporters.  I know without a doubt that reiter and gillett would give up their individual achievments any day to win a shot at a state championship
sioux10

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 am

Congrats to Kristie..... I am sure she had a great year.  I would also like to add that you would be pleasantly surprised that each of those girls on the finalist list do the same thing for their communities!  The "small town" North Dakota athletes that I have met are all very community oriented.  And I know that all of the girls would have cheered for each other and gone to community functions and sat in the crowds with seniors to babies!  All of the girls are very good kids and I have had the pleasure of talking to 6 of the finalists at one point in the athletic careers.

Congrats to all of the girls and we are happy for Kristie here in region 7!
Bearsfan

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:38 am

I also want to second those comments about Kristie, she is a great kid and a great ball player. I feel sorry for the Tolna community and the disappointment of not making it to the state tournament.

However Tolna has had the blessing of following a very good team for the last few years and there are a lot of towns who do not have that opportunity.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls