College

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: College

Postby foreversioux » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:57 pm

I'm do not know why, but this year's Hoopster has info for UND from last year's edition still...Maybe UND did not send in new roster, etc. Kirstie tore cartilege in her ACL repaired knee and had a scope done. She will spend the season getting that back in shape and working on her position change at the college level - adding some strength and depth. Might be one other player on the roster red-shirting, but I am not certain on this...
foreversioux

Postby real_sports08 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:05 am

Schmit, of F-C-T, who is an outstanding athlete, also Jenna Gillett's cousin, commited to UMary earlier this summer.
real_sports08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't no much about were girls are going, but i attend MSU-Bottineau, and these are some of the girls that are here to play basketball,

Mandee Keplin-Bottinea
Kadee Melby-Fesseden
Brittany Westman-Max
Bethany Haberstoph-Rolla
Mercedes Poitra-Belcourt
Alexis Murphy-St John
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballgirls » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:13 am

Samantha Dravland, Grafton is going to either Valley City or Jamestown
Katie Houdek, Grafton, verbally committed to UND, but she is only a junior.
bballgirls

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:13 pm

So I have been thinking about this. Katie Houdek did not play her sophomore year because of a knee injury and then signs with UND before her Junior season. This is the first year I have gotten to see her play and I am very impressed. Did she play as a freshman? Is she close to 1000 points? Did she get recruited after her freshman season or did she have a great camp at UND? How did she get on their radar not being able to play? I think she is a really good player and probably the favorite for the regions player of the year next year. I would like to know a little more about her.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Baller wrote:So I have been thinking about this. Katie Houdek did not play her sophomore year because of a knee injury and then signs with UND before her Junior season. This is the first year I have gotten to see her play and I am very impressed. Did she play as a freshman? Is she close to 1000 points? Did she get recruited after her freshman season or did she have a great camp at UND? How did she get on their radar not being able to play? I think she is a really good player and probably the favorite for the regions player of the year next year. I would like to know a little more about her.

I think she has a ways to go to get to 1,000 points but she'll probably have a huge year next year so it's definitely in reach.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby champs0607 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:41 pm

what about baldwin?
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:16 pm

Baller wrote:So I have been thinking about this. Katie Houdek did not play her sophomore year because of a knee injury and then signs with UND before her Junior season. This is the first year I have gotten to see her play and I am very impressed. Did she play as a freshman? Is she close to 1000 points? Did she get recruited after her freshman season or did she have a great camp at UND? How did she get on their radar not being able to play? I think she is a really good player and probably the favorite for the regions player of the year next year. I would like to know a little more about her.

She tore her ACL on her other knee about a week ago and will be having surgery on it as soon as possible. Not sure how long she will be out but should be back before season starts hopefully cause I do think she has a great shot a region player of year next year. I'm not 100% sure how the whole recruiting thing worked out for her so i won't comment on how that worked for her. Her uncle is David Robertson who played at UND in the late 80's early 90's so there are ties to UND that way. Hopefully surgery and rehab goes well and she can come back 100%.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Mayville State has signed Erin Ericson from Hatton-Northwood, Samantha Dravland from Grafton, and Sarah Bakke from Larimore for next year.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:31 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Mayville State has signed Erin Ericson from Hatton-Northwood, Samantha Dravland from Grafton, and Sarah Bakke from Larimore for next year.

I like the recruiting of the local talent.. Ericson and Bakke are both very solid guards. Dravland should provide some size and strength in a couple years.

Any news on Baldwin??
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:33 pm

NBE2106, I heard Dravland and Kelsey Adamsen are going to mayville state, evidently Adamsen is not?

Also, is it true samantha baldwin is going to Bemidji State? what have you heard?

Assuming Houdek can recover from another ACL surgery, that will be one Div I player, one Div II player, and two NDCAC players coming from one class B team. That says a lot about Class B and the quality of players that can come from our level. Most class A teams can't say that about their programs.

Good luck to each of these girls in their college careers!

bballgirls wrote:Samantha Dravland, Grafton is going to either Valley City or Jamestown
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:53 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:NBE2106, I heard Dravland and Kelsey Adamsen are going to mayville state, evidently Adamsen is not?

Also, is it true samantha baldwin is going to Bemidji State? what have you heard?

Assuming Houdek can recover from another ACL surgery, that will be one Div I player, one Div II player, and two NDCAC players coming from one class B team. That says a lot about Class B and the quality of players that can come from our level. Most class A teams can't say that about their programs.

bballgirls wrote:Samantha Dravland, Grafton is going to either Valley City or Jamestown

I know for a fact Dravland is coming to Mayville State because it's posted on our website.
http://www.mayvillestate.edu/athletics/ ... etball.cfm
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:35 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:NBE2106, I heard Dravland and Kelsey Adamsen are going to mayville state, evidently Adamsen is not?

NDCAC has been long gone my friend. It is now called the Dac.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:33 am

thanks cubsfan, I'm living in the past I guess!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby District_Guru » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Jamestown has signed: Mara Paulson (Shanley), Dakota Anderson (Velva), Madeline Hornung (Jamestown), Jada Mikeljohn (Lamore), Kayla Roemmich (Bottineau), and Jenny Schugard (Jamestown)

I got this from the Jamestown website (http://www.jc.edu/athletics/newRoster.php?sportId=262).
Any news on Samantha Baldwin?
District_Guru

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:52 am

Christine Miller(New Town),Paige Anderson(Watford City),and Kristin Bearstail are all going to Williston State College.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby triplebbb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:54 am

also to WSC for Coach Suelzle....Abby Nassett (Bowman) and Olivia Spotted Bear (Mandaree).
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby ABCD » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:46 pm

triplebbb wrote:also to WSC for Coach Suelzle....Abby Nassett (Bowman) and Olivia Spotted Bear (Mandaree).

Jeez with all this talent. Suelzle should be in the nationals his first year.
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SDHoops » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:59 pm

ABCD wrote:
triplebbb wrote:also to WSC for Coach Suelzle....Abby Nassett (Bowman) and Olivia Spotted Bear (Mandaree).

There should be a rule that all players going to a college should include at least a college site or newspaper confirming so.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Anderson and Nassett have been in the Williston Herald as signing intent letters.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby SDHoops » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:09 pm

SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:11 pm

SDHoops wrote:
ABCD wrote:

There should be a rule that all players going to a college should include at least a college site or newspaper confirming so.

wouldnt that be the college's responsibility not the players??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby SDHoops » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm

baseball wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
ABCD wrote:

Well just weeks ago you guys had Finley going to BSC yet the papers say she is going to U-Mary. You guys have all these players going to Williston yet only two actually confirmed.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:36 pm

SDHoops wrote:
baseball wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
ABCD wrote:

Well just weeks ago you guys had Finley going to BSC yet the papers say she is going to U-Mary. You guys have all these players going to Williston yet only two actually confirmed.

Anderson is in the minot paper today
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:47 am

SDHoops wrote:Velva's Courtney Thingstad to UND
http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/cont ... l?nav=5016

A D-1 player? Maybe I am off here. Anybody else think she is more of a DAC player?
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls