State Attendance

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wombat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:56 pm

Does anyone have the numbers of the total attendance for the state tournament?

I'm just wondering how it stacks up with some other tournaments. Wrestling this year brought in 13,146 over 3 days, so i'm just curious to see what the numbers for GBB are.

Thanks.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:52 pm

not sure what the numbers are/were, BUT you can't compare a combined A&B wrestling tourney to a B girls State Hoops tourney. not fair at all
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:59 am

point/center wrote:not sure what the numbers are/were, BUT you can't compare a combined A&B wrestling tourney to a B girls State Hoops tourney. not fair at all

Add to that the fact that had the weather been better, I'm sure the attendance would have been much better also. I know it kept me from going as just an oridnary fan. Half of the eastern part of the state was shut down over those days. Fortunately for the tournament, the 4 teams playing Saturday night were from the central and western parts of the state.
ndfbfan

Postby Wombat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 am

I am not trying to say any is better or anythinglike that based on attendance, it is just curiousity about the number in attendance. I will also be asking after Boys basketball if anyone knows those numbers and also about the boys/girls super A.
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:44 am

Wombat wrote:Does anyone have the numbers of the total attendance for the state tournament?

I'm just wondering how it stacks up with some other tournaments. Wrestling this year brought in 13,146 over 3 days, so i'm just curious to see what the numbers for GBB are.

Thanks.
in your original post you were trying to compare wrestling to girls b.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wombat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:14 pm

Fine you win... Class B girls BB is horrible and WRESTLING RULES because of the number of fans it brings in!!! NO, but, High School athletics is a MAJOR ATTRACTION in North Dakota year round for EVERY SPORT!!!! the only thing I am trying to do is find out what the other sports produce for numbers at their state tournaments. It would be interesting to see on a yearly basis how many people attend every state tournament. YES I would like to see what the comparisons are to different sports, but NO i am not trying to say that if one sport has more numbers it is better or anything like that... It is a simple question about statistics that I was curious to find out the answer to and I thought that by including other statistics maybe someone would understand better what kind of actual numbers I am looking for.

Thank you SCC for a little insight. It is much appreciated when someone can answer a question without jumping all over you or incriminating you for being curious.
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls