Best Juniors

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 am

I've only really seen region 1. Kristen Killoran and Mandi Bindas are both great players.  Bindas was on a much better team so we will really se what kind of player/scorer she is with Kindred losing practically their whole team next year.

Also, watching the state tournament...Miller from New Town is an excellent post with good ball handling skills i believe she was a junior also.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:08 am

bballfan1 wrote:I've only really seen region 1. Kristen Killoran and Mandi Bindas are both great players.  Bindas was on a much better team so we will really se what kind of player/scorer she is with Kindred losing practically their whole team next year.

Also, watching the state tournament...Miller from New Town is an excellent post with good ball handling skills i believe she was a junior also.

Others to go along with the ones you named...

Kayla Roemmich
Lindsey Tivis
Abby Feist
Cristin Haase
Kristen Killoran
Abby Nasset
Jada Meiklejohn
Last edited by baller01 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:03 am

from Region 2:

Erin Ericson from Hatton-Northwood will get all the attention now that Reiter is gone.

Samantha Baldwin, a likely 2nd team all-state pick, from Drayton-St Thomas.

Jenna Gillett, Kirstie's cousin, who has also signed to UND, will be Dakota prairie's go-to player, and will likely contend for the region title again.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tripleb » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:17 am

Paige Anderson from Watford City will be a name to watch for next year as a Senior.  Good 3 pt shooter and excellent penetrator.  Scored around 20 per game the last 12 games or so.
tripleb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:49 am

Sammi Schmit out of Fairmount I think will get some attention out of Region 1. As a sophmore last year she led the State in rebounding. As a 6'1" athletic lefty I think she has a lot of potential to play D-I ball as a 4. Her entire starting 5 is back next year. This year they had 2 freshmen and an 8th grader in their top 6. This young group met Kindred in the Regional finals. With this type of nucleus to build on I look for her to get a lot of attention next year.

Sammi Schmit, Mandi Bindas, Kristen Killoran, Sammi Baldwin, Jenna Gillett and sophmore Katie Ralston have all "verbaled" to play with the Prairie Bison Hoopsters AAU Basketball Club this summer. They are scheduled to play in an AAU Super Regional in Fargo the weekend of May 11-13. If any of you are interested this would give fans an opportunity to watch these girls play together against Minnesota, South Dakota and Canadian competition. Watch www.ndaau.org for details on these and other tournaments.

Also - Jenna Gillett and Sammi Schmit are cousins but I am not sure if it is first or second cousins.
pbhoopsters

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:52 am

baller01 wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:I've only really seen region 1. Kristen Killoran and Mandi Bindas are both great players.  Bindas was on a much better team so we will really se what kind of player/scorer she is with Kindred losing practically their whole team next year.

Kayla Roemmich
Lindsey Tivis
Abby Feist
Cristin Haase
Kristen Killoran
Abby Nasset
Jada Meiklejohn

Brittany Anderson from Bowman also deserves to be on the list. She played outstanding basketball this weekend.
project-pat

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:09 pm

project-pat wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Kayla Roemmich
Lindsey Tivis
Abby Feist
Cristin Haase
Kristen Killoran
Abby Nasset
Jada Meiklejohn

Brittany Anderson from Bowman also deserves to be on the list. She played outstanding basketball this weekend.
Project-Pat, does Dickinson Trinity have any returning Juniors coming back that you think warrant any attention?
pbhoopsters

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm not sure, but I think someone from dickinson should be able to help you out.
project-pat

Postby nc » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:02 am

Jenna Gillett is by far one of the best juniors in the state. She averaged about 15 points per game and 10 rebounds and she was injured about half the year.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:40 am

bowman juniors are all decent..... with no seniors in the line up and they still made it to the state tourney.... watch for them next year
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby unc2 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Ya i already have them winning it next year. They had one senior who played c squad and thats it. Brittany Anderson and Abby Nasset and the rest of the team will be attending the tourney again next year and imo they will come home with the title
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby loveclassB BB » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:18 am

I have to throw in Lindy Anderson from Turtle Lake.  Incredible court sense and hustle..16 ppg avg and I think she has something like 110 steals for the year.  Also Bearstail from Shiloh. Incredilble from the 3 point line. Region 5 Senior of the Year will be a battle between these two talented point guards.
loveclassB BB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:19 am

Kaylee Schank shoots the 3 ball pretty well...
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:31 am

shaunna knife of Bottineau, breaksdown a defense by penetrating very well
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Adam33 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Sam Baldwin and the Gillet girl are probablygoing to be the top 2 seniors next year
Adam33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Roughrider » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Adam33 wrote:Sam Baldwin and the Gillet girl are probablygoing to be the top 2 seniors next year

they are pretty good players but i think that Brittney Anderson and Abby Nasset from Bowman could give them a run for best seniors. they are excellent all-around players. it should be interesting next year

GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threepointplay » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:48 pm

Jada Meiklejohn from Lamoure
threepointplay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:30 pm

Adam33 wrote:Sam Baldwin and the Gillet girl are probablygoing to be the top 2 seniors next year

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"I just saw this article in the GF Herald, amazing.  Didn't realize Baldwin was that close to 2,000 pts.  It also had a chart showing other players that finished the season with 1,000+ pts, i'll just list the ones I know will be back next year:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Ashley Privatsky, Devils Lake- 1320 pts

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Erin Ericson, Hatton-Northwood- 1109 pts

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"These only include players from the GF area.  What other juniors are starting next season with 1,000+ pts?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Another question, what do others think will happen with Ericson next year w/out Reiter getting all the attention?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=32878&section=sports

hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vbcoach05 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:49 pm

I think Erin Ericson will do fine! Abby Reiter is a great player and is going to be missed tremendously, but the thing about Hatton-Northwood that NO ONE SEES is that they are a good team. They have girls that can step up and fill the gaps, but not replace Reiter. They are going to be a team to contend with next year!
vbcoach05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:32 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:from Region 2:

Erin Ericson from Hatton-Northwood will get all the attention now that Reiter is gone.

Jenna Gillett, Kirstie's cousin, who has also signed to UND, will be Dakota prairie's go-to player, and will likely contend for the region title again.

How could she sign at UND already if she is still in HS?

A few others I would say are Emily Stremick and Brandi Lorz of North Border.  Not too many people know much about the North Border girls because they have been struggling for a few years with these young teams they've had.  Lorz and Stremick have been getting playing time from their freshmen year being the first or second girl off the bench which was the last time we made regionals.  Since that year they've both been starters for the lady Eagles.  Stremick I believe is a two year all conference players, Lorz in my opinion should have got all conference this year but was left off the list.  Hopefully next year the girls will be able to be more successful now that these girls have some experience.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:41 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:from Region 2:

How could she sign at UND already if she is still in HS?

A few others I would say are Emily Stremick and Brandi Lorz of North Border.  Not too many people know much about the North Border girls because they have been struggling for a few years with these young teams they've had.  Lorz and Stremick have been getting playing time from their freshmen year being the first or second girl off the bench which was the last time we made regionals.  Since that year they've both been starters for the lady Eagles.  Stremick I believe is a two year all conference players, Lorz in my opinion should have got all conference this year but was left off the list.  Hopefully next year the girls will be able to be more successful now that these girls have some experience.

Jenna Gillett hasn't officially signed, but she has given a verbal commitment to play there.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND9296 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:37 am

According to today's Grand Forks Herald, Baldwin is transferring to Grafton.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu May 10, 2007 3:28 pm

[user=34]UND9296[/user] wrote:

From what i've been told she has been in school at Grafton the past few weeks.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu May 10, 2007 5:52 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=34]UND9296[/user] wrote:

From what i've been told she has been in school at Grafton the past few weeks.

uh...ndfan...uh...i see you changed your avatar...uh....yeah....zing
rep

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:57 am

Jada Meiklejohn

Kristen Kiloran
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls