Best Juniors

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bobbyjones » Mon May 21, 2007 6:37 am

In region 8 there is Paige Anderson from Watford City and Christine Miller from New Town. Both have state tourney experience and are looking to get there teams back there.

bobbyjones
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ball23 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Shaunna Knife very good basketball player who was All Region in the WDA and made the WDA all tourney team.
ball23

Postby cubsfan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:42 am

[sub][font=arial]Jenaye Ingebretson from MPCG.  She has not gotten the recognition that she deserves.  She is a very good all around player.  She will be very good next year in the very talented region 2.[/font]
[/sub]
Last edited by cubsfan on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND9296 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:14 am

Has anybody seen Katie Houdek from Grafton play? She's a junior right now, and according to today's Grand Forks Herald she just verbally committed to UND.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:55 am

[user=34]UND9296[/user] wrote:
Has anybody seen Katie Houdek from Grafton play? She's a junior right now, and according to today's Grand Forks Herald she just verbally committed to UND.

I've seen her play a few times, I'm not gonna sit here and hype her up cause I'm her cousin. But I do think she has the talent to play at UND, she just needs to work hard, get more agressive and improve the next couple years and she'll be a fine recruit in my mind at und. Congrats to her.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:18 am

ball23 wrote:Shaunna Knife very good basketball player who was All Region in the WDA and made the WDA all tourney team.

I agree, Knife was a very good player in Class A as a freshman and sophmore.  She is only going to get better playing at Bottineau.  An all-state caliber player in my opinion.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby ball23 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:41 am

bcourtbraves wrote:
ball23 wrote:Shaunna Knife very good basketball player who was All Region in the WDA and made the WDA all tourney team.

I agree, Knife was a very good player in Class A as a freshman and sophmore.  She is only going to get better playing at Bottineau.  An all-state caliber player in my opinion.

Oh most definitely...

She started for belcourt since she was an 8th grader, one of the best players in the state out of Class A & B in my opinion
ball23

Postby sioux10 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:36 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=34]UND9296[/user] wrote:
Has�anybody seen Katie Houdek from Grafton play? She's a junior right now, and according to today's Grand Forks Herald she just verbally committed to UND.

I've seen her play a few times, I'm not gonna sit here and hype her up cause I'm her cousin. But I do think she has the talent to play at UND, she just needs to work hard, get more agressive and improve the next couple years and she'll be a fine recruit in my mind at und. Congrats to her.

not to take anything away from Houdek, she is a great player who has a lot of talent and athletesism, but i don't not think she will even begin to compete at UND.  UND is now DI, if they don't chagne the way they recruit and they continue to go down this road, they will be the next NDSU
sioux10

Postby adriana » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:26 pm

I agree that Jenaye Ingebretson from MPCG will be one to watch. I dont think she's gotten the recognition she deserves just because MayPort didnt make it past the first round of regions last year. 

Another unrecognized player is Brittany Wilson of Hillsboro.  She's quick and when she's on the court nobody else has the athleticism that she does. 

Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 am

watch for steph anderson this year. She's pretty tall and has got some good moves down low
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND9296 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:32 am

ndfan wrote:[user=34]UND9296[/user] wrote:
Has?anybody seen Katie Houdek from Grafton play? She's a junior right now, and according to today's Grand Forks Herald she just verbally committed to UND.

I know her uncle is ex-Grafton and UND player David Robertson, who's 6'7" or so, so I wonder if perhaps she's expected to grow another couple of inches? You wouldn't normally see a junior whose sophomore year stats weren't huge commit to a highly successful women's basketball program like UND, but if she's expected to grow to 6'2" or 6'3", that might explain why Roebuck evidently sees a lot of potential in her.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Juniors

Postby RonMexico » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:53 pm

I'm guessing Roebuck got a look at her at UND's summer camp and thought the potential was worth it
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls